Page 754 of 937 FirstFirst ... 254654704744752753754755756764804854 ... LastLast
Results 12,049 to 12,064 of 14982

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Every liberals favorite Republican! Until it actually came time to vote for him at which point you would 100% have voted for Hillary.
    No, Kasich is most aligned with my fiscal conservative, social liberal views.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    No, Kasich is most aligned with my fiscal conservative, social liberal views.
    You wouldn't have had time to vote for him anyway. You were too busy carrying Hillary's water.

Thanks
    President Donald Trump bragged to two top Russian officials last week that firing "nut job" FBI Director James Comey eased "great pressure" on him, The New York Times reported Friday.

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job," Trump said, according to the Times. "I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

Thanks
    Anyone here still think Trump > Clinton?

Jesus, saying that to two high level Russian officials. What a goddamn moron.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,919 Times in 4,939 Posts
    I watched some Michael Chong stuff and I honestly don't really understand why he's in the conservative party. I'd probably still vote for him, but he really just seems like a slightly smarter Trudeau.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,611 Times in 4,799 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I watched some Michael Chong stuff and I honestly don't really understand why he's in the conservative party. I'd probably still vote for him, but he really just seems like a slightly smarter Trudeau.
    Well he's definitely fiscally conservative. It's in his platform to lower income taxes, support small businesses, etc.

He's like an old Progressive Conservative - fiscally right but socially centre/left.

One of the main reasons I like him is that he seems to step outside of traditional partisan archetypes. It seems like he thinks for himself on every issue. He also wants to support a less divisive form of federal politics by eliminating party fees and making it easier for people to switch registered parties and cool stuff like that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Well he's definitely fiscally conservative. It's in his platform to lower income taxes, support small businesses, etc.

He's like an old Progressive Conservative - fiscally right but socially centre/left.

One of the main reasons I like him is that he seems to step outside of traditional partisan archetypes. It seems like he thinks for himself on every issue. He also wants to support a less divisive form of federal politics by eliminating party fees and making it easier for people to switch registered parties and cool stuff like that.

Sure does sound like he thinks for himself and totally doesn't come off like a male Hillary Clinton.

I don't mean to start a thing, I just am not seeing what you're seeing. On the contrary, he seems like quite the yes man to me.
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts

Sure does sound like he thinks for himself and totally doesn't come off like a male Hillary Clinton.

I don't mean to start a thing, I just am not seeing what you're seeing. On the contrary, he seems like quite the yes man to me.
    Why is it impossible to believe that some people actually believe things that cross typical party beliefs without it beine an example of being a yes man?

And I don't mean to suggest that is my opinion of Chong, just trying to understand. To me the bitch on rebel came off like sanctimonious know it all talking down to everyone who doesn't see things like she does. And her comic timing is awful.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 8,611 Times in 4,799 Posts
    Stopped watching @ "cuckservative"

Thanks
    Thanked 12,621 Times in 7,548 Posts
    That was the one of the worst videos I've ever seen.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    RebelMedia lol

Boxy has no clue.

Thanks
    God, you super liberal types are the worst. Who's better to critique conservative candidates than right wing media? "Cuckservative", and I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this to people, is just a shorthand way to characterize as someone who will kowtow to a certain liberal narrative(s) in order to win.

The problem with Chong is that he's embracing left wing ideals, and not the good ones, in order to advance his campaign. Things like shaming a competitor for being endorsed by a "white supremacist" group, as if they have a choice in the matter, or voting for the stupid Islamophobia motion, or chirping on about how we need to embrace those "refugees" like Germany and Sweden have.

If I'm voting for a liberal, I'll vote for the liberals. I want a diverse set of options to choose from.

Thanks
    God, you super liberal types are the worst. Who's better to critique conservative candidates than right wing media? "Cuckservative", and I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this to people, is just a shorthand way to characterize as someone who will kowtow to a certain liberal narrative(s) in order to win.

The problem with Chong is that he's embracing left wing ideals, and not the good ones, in order to advance his campaign. Things like shaming a competitor for being endorsed by a "white supremacist" group, as if they have a choice in the matter, or voting for the stupid Islamophobia motion, or chirping on about how we need to embrace those "refugees" like Germany and Sweden have.

If I'm voting for a liberal, I'll vote for the liberals. I want a diverse set of options to choose from.
    You want to beat Trudeau, a candidate near the centre of the spectrum is your only chance.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts

I'm hoping for a reply to my earlier question as I would like your perspective. I get that party politics evolved because of like minded individuals that all generally believe the same thing on one side of the spectrum. Kind of a no brainer really.

So, does that mean it's impossible for people to have views on the right side of the spectrum regarding some issues and other views on other issues that would lean more left? Or does it have to be pandering for votes?
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Any guesses as to who the senior Trump advisor that is now a person of interest in the FBI's criminal investigation of Trump-Russia ties is?

My guess is Bannon - who was it that spread Russian fake news - Breitbart was the leader.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,621 Times in 7,548 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Any guesses as to who the senior Trump advisor that is now a person of interest in the FBI's criminal investigation of Trump-Russia ties is?

My guess is Bannon - who was it that spread Russian fake news - Breitbart was the leader.
    There seems to be some grumblings that it's Kushner
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.