• LAA 0
    CLE 0
    Pre-Game
    10:07 PM ET
  • SEA 0
    TEX 0
    Pre-Game
    10:10 PM ET
Page 755 of 874 FirstFirst ... 255655705745753754755756757765805855 ... LastLast
Results 12,065 to 12,080 of 13971

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    There seems to be some grumblings that it's Kushner
    36 yrs old.... not a lot of experience. Maybe just the front man carrying out Trump orders.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,542 Times in 4,763 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Who's better to critique conservative candidates than right wing media?
    How about anybody that has the capacity to make an honest intellectual point.

The problem with Chong is that he's embracing left wing ideals
    Gasp!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,705 Times in 4,805 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    I'm hoping for a reply to my earlier question as I would like your perspective. I get that party politics evolved because of like minded individuals that all generally believe the same thing on one side of the spectrum. Kind of a no brainer really.

So, does that mean it's impossible for people to have views on the right side of the spectrum regarding some issues and other views on other issues that would lean more left? Or does it have to be pandering for votes?
    No, of course not but there's a difference between having a reasoned perspective on something and mindlessly virtue signalling. When Chong votes for a motion that is basically one step away from being a blasphemy law with vague wording and a focus on one ideology, I can't really believe that he isn't doing it to try and tap into the moderate and liberal bases. When he tries to poison the well by tying Leitch to a group she has no affiliation with simply because they endorsed her, I can't believe he thinks this is a rational perspective.

I think the identity the Conservative party has tried to carve out for itself is: we will lower taxes, cut social programs and try to leave you the hell alone. More centre-right and libertarian. Where does a guy who voted in favour of a motion to denounce blasphemy fit in there? His authoritarian leanings are not very palatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    How about anybody that has the capacity to make an honest intellectual point.
    Easier said than done. I just liked the eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Gasp!
    Literally followed by "not the good ones" you ponce.
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 741 Posts

Sure does sound like he thinks for himself and totally doesn't come off like a male Hillary Clinton.

I don't mean to start a thing, I just am not seeing what you're seeing. On the contrary, he seems like quite the yes man to me.
    I already knew that Michael Chong was a turd, but now I know Faith Goldy is one too. It's not often that there's a genuinely hot female with conservative values. But in this video she turned up her sanctimonious bitch factor to 10. Thanks for ruining her for me by posting this video!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    You want to beat Trudeau, a candidate near the centre of the spectrum is your only chance.
    That's funny, because recent elections in Europe have shown the "far right" to be gaining momentum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    That's funny, because recent elections in Europe have shown the "far right" to be gaining momentum.
    I'm fully on board with Bernier btw. He needs to start going by Max, though. Give the anglophones SOMETHING. It would appear that he's a big fan of free speech and individualism, basically polar opposite of our current PM, Fidel Castro's bastard son.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

Dick_Pole (05-20-2017)

Thanks
    I'm fully on board with Bernier btw. He needs to start going by Max, though. Give the anglophones SOMETHING. It would appear that he's a big fan of free speech and individualism, basically polar opposite of our current PM, Fidel Castro's bastard son.
    I like his rhetoric on this too, although it remains to be seen if he actually follows through. I like him more for the economics since I've already become too cynical to believe in a truly libertarian PM. Harper was meant to be a prototype for a small c conservative when he took over the merged CPC. We know what happened there, including the scientists. The moron currently in power was preaching about freedom of expression, electoral reform, transparency and all that jazz until he found out that didn't fit with his political agenda and threw that all away. Unless it caters to his favourite minorities - Muslims and Francophones - at the expense of everyone else.

Politicians who aren't authoritarian going in are authoritarian when they leave. And those who are authoritarian going in are really fucking authoritarian when they leave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Canada is not Europe. Plenty of nationalists in European countries who see Muslim immigration as the No 1. issue. It exists in Canada but nowhere close to the same degree.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,074 Times in 1,290 Posts
    God, you super liberal types are the worst. Who's better to critique conservative candidates than right wing media? "Cuckservative", and I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this to people, is just a shorthand way to characterize as someone who will kowtow to a certain liberal narrative(s) in order to win.

The problem with Chong is that he's embracing left wing ideals, and not the good ones, in order to advance his campaign. Things like shaming a competitor for being endorsed by a "white supremacist" group, as if they have a choice in the matter, or voting for the stupid Islamophobia motion, or chirping on about how we need to embrace those "refugees" like Germany and Sweden have.

If I'm voting for a liberal, I'll vote for the liberals. I want a diverse set of options to choose from.
    Well said. Michael Chong is the type of Conservative whose whole existence is to be the most liked Conservative among liberals. So he gets treated adoringly by liberals but when it comes down to it liberals will say that they like him yet will vote for the liberal anyway. He's a bum.

Thanks
    Yeah I like Bernier as well. As of now he's got my vote.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (05-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,157 Times in 7,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Well said. Michael Chong is the type of Conservative whose whole existence is to be the most liked Conservative among liberals. So he gets treated adoringly by liberals but when it comes down to it liberals will say that they like him yet will vote for the liberal anyway. He's a bum.
    So... he's a centrist. What a worthless cuck.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    With Callista Gingrich being named the ambassador to the Vatican I hope that means that Newt goes far far away.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Yeah I like Bernier as well. As of now he's got my vote.
    I absolutely love the fact that you can vote in our elections now, lol

Thanks
    So... he's a centrist authoritarian. What a worthless cuck.
    FTFY. Probably left leaning authoritarian.

Thanks
    So... he's a centrist. What a worthless cuck.
    Pretty much. I hate center right politicians. I'd rather vote for a principled and independent thinker like Tulsi Gabbard before I voted for a John McCain or John Kasich.