Page 981 of 994 FirstFirst ... 481881931971979980981982983991 ... LastLast
Results 15,681 to 15,696 of 15898

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Roberts: "Are you open to meeting with (special counsel Robert Mueller)? Would you be willing to meet with him without condition? Or would you demand that a strict set of parameters be placed around any encounter between you and the special counsel?"

Trump: "Well, again John, there has been no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians or Trump and Russians. No collusion. When I watch you interviewing all the people leaving their committees, I mean, the Democrats are all running for office, trying to say this that -- but bottom line, they all say there's no collusion. And there is no collusion.

"And when you talk about interviews, Hillary Clinton had an interview, where she wasn't sworn in, she wasn't given the oath, they didn't take notes, they didn't record and it was done on the 4th of July weekend. That's perhaps ridiculous and a lot of people looked upon that as being a very serious breach and it really was.

"But again I'll speak to attorneys -- I can only say this, there was absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. Every committee -- I've been in office now for 11 months. For 11 months, they've had this phony cloud over this administration, over our government. And it has hurt our government. It does hurt our government. It's a Democrat hoax that was brought up as an excuse for losing an election that frankly the Democrats should have won because they have such a tremendous advantage in the electoral college.

"So it was brought up for that reason. But it has been determined that there is no collusion and by virtually everybody. So we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. I mean certainly we'll see what happens -- when they have no collusion and nobody's found any collusion at any level it seems unlikely that you'd even have an interview."

The word "collusion" 7 times in a single response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

All Star
    Thanks
    Detective Jim is on the case! Looks like you're on to something

3. The Following User Says Thank You to connorp For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-10-2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by connorp View Post
    Detective Jim is on the case! Looks like you're on to something
    If Mueller has to subpoena Trump, will Trump immediately fire Mueller and Rosenstein?
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,041 Times in 5,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    If Mueller has to subpoena Trump, will Trump immediately fire Mueller and Rosenstein?
    Probably not since this Russia thing is a conspiracy theory. When Trump is eventually gone, who is the next witch on your list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,161 Posts
    This Russia thing is like the Democrat version of Obama's birth certificate. Just needs a catchy name - "collusion-conspiracist" or something.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    This Russia thing is like the Democrat version of Obama's birth certificate. Just needs a catchy name - "collusion-conspiracist" or something.
    Russia truthers
    Frag are you alive?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 1,415 Posts
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...193890429.html

I thought diversity was Canada's strength though?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...193890429.html

I thought diversity was Canada's strength though?
    Christ, people are actually picketing the White House over this? Because the US said El Salvador is habitable and that there's no longer a reason to claim refugee status?

Essentially, Trump and co are saying that El Salvador is no longer a shithole. Apparently diversity advocates and progressives seem to think that Central American countries are incapable of not being shitholes. Sounds kinda racist to me but what do I know.
    Frag are you alive?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

Terminator (01-11-2018)

Thanks
    #collusionConspiracist
    - Biology is the only science in which multiplication is the same thing as division.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Christ, people are actually picketing the White House over this? Because the US said El Salvador is habitable and that there's no longer a reason to claim refugee status?

Essentially, Trump and co are saying that El Salvador is no longer a shithole. Apparently diversity advocates and progressives seem to think that Central American countries are incapable of not being shitholes. Sounds kinda racist to me but what do I know.
    I was listening to some story/article/something on this and it really seems like this was just a bad policy to start with. I'm by no means an expert but it sounds like they granted these people temp residence due to an emergency with no real plan on how/when they would be repatriated, especially after such a lengthy amount of time (extended by multiple governments).

Honestly, its probably been long enough that it doesn't make sense to send them back. All the hard work of integrating them into US society is done and I'm sure most of them are probably working and paying taxes like any American by this point. The correct response may be; this policy was flawed, lets not do it like that again, you guys are all (mostly) allowed to stay. Seems a little dumb to send them back after 20+ years.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z3r0s For This Useful Post:

Abomination (01-11-2018),Boxcar (01-11-2018)

Thanks

You're grossly oversimplifying the issue, but I think you already know that. It's pretty obvious you don't have a very strong understanding of immigration issues, paths to permanent residency, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 1,415 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    I was listening to some story/article/something on this and it really seems like this was just a bad policy to start with. I'm by no means an expert but it sounds like they granted these people temp residence due to an emergency with no real plan on how/when they would be repatriated, especially after such a lengthy amount of time (extended by multiple governments).

Honestly, its probably been long enough that it doesn't make sense to send them back. All the hard work of integrating them into US society is done and I'm sure most of them are probably working and paying taxes like any American by this point. The correct response may be; this policy was flawed, lets not do it like that again, you guys are all (mostly) allowed to stay. Seems a little dumb to send them back after 20+ years.
    I'm not trying to pick on you in the least bit, you may be right about the solution here. But I'm so tired of the solution always being "ok, amnesty THIS time, but next time we won't do it." We just perpetually keep giving amnesty time after time. At some point we need to put our foot down. This is a good start.

Thanks

Come on Boxy. You know that's not the real issue here.

Thanks
    I'm not trying to pick on you in the least bit, you may be right about the solution here. But I'm so tired of the solution always being "ok, amnesty THIS time, but next time we won't do it." We just perpetually keep giving amnesty time after time. At some point we need to put our foot down. This is a good start.
    Except that it's not a good start at all. How is upending the lives of people who have been here that long "a good start"? It's not just a major burden for them and their US citizen children; it's a burden on the employers of all these people. Do any them have businesses of their own? What's the point of saying, "okay, you've been here a long time, now fuck off"? How is that helping anyone? How does that objectively make the country better?

Thanks
    I think this situation is a bit different. My understanding is that they were given refugee status, and then just stayed. They were never illegals, but they did kind of assume that if they stayed here long enough, they would be granted citizenship.
    I'm with you on the illegals though. If we assume the US will allow a fixed number of new Americans each year (under a responsible population growth plan), then each illegal that comes in, means one less spot for a legitimate applicant.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    I think this situation is a bit different. My understanding is that they were given refugee status, and then just stayed. They were never illegals, but they did kind of assume that if they stayed here long enough, they would be granted citizenship.
    I'm with you on the illegals though. If we assume the US will allow a fixed number of new Americans each year (under a responsible population growth plan), then each illegal that comes in, means one less spot for a legitimate applicant.
    Legitimate applicant here: upending people's lives for solely political purposes is reprehensible.