Page 828 of 938 FirstFirst ... 328728778818826827828829830838878928 ... LastLast
Results 13,233 to 13,248 of 14996

Thread: Politics Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    pretty much same old same old. we just finished 8 years of Obama praising himself
    Aren't they all masters of autofellatio?

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Yup.

And their parties are blind to opposing viewpoints.... until it serves them, then it's genius that nobody has thought of before and worthy of praise.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    every politician has a propaganda chief and a bunch of underlings who get paid to tow the party line.

no one will ever beat Baghdad Bob though

Thanks
    Thanked 7,929 Times in 4,946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Yup.

And their parties are blind to opposing viewpoints.... until it serves them, then it's genius that nobody has thought of before and worthy of praise.
    Well, that's why I didn't find what silvergun posted to be funny in any way. Of course Trump is a shitty orator and he's a pretty pathetic public figure who really needs to apply a filter to his mouth and get off Twitter, but literally every underling of every president ever is going to say what Miller said.

I did like the gotcha Miller had with one of those media drones, though, when he turned the tables regarding English speaking immigrants. That was some ownage.

E: right, Jim Acosta of who else? CNN. Kings of fake news.

E: oh man, I just can't stop watching. This is just rarely seen where a journalist just gets destroyed this badly. It's especially relevant to me because my gf just went to a wedding in Pakistan and guess what? Her entire extended family speaks English. Lololol
    Last edited by Boxcar; 08-09-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

o2cui2i (08-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Dumbass Acosta using a poem as an example of what he thinks the law of the land is/should be. To add, it's pretty remarkable you have supposed journalists getting in to heated policy arguments. You'd think that they'd ask tough questions and would leave policy discussions to a columnist. Glenn Thrush of the NYT did it a couple minutes prior to that one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Dumbass Acosta using a poem as an example of what he thinks the law of the land is/should be. To add, it's pretty remarkable you have supposed journalists getting in to heated policy arguments. You'd think that they'd ask tough questions and would leave policy discussions to a columnist. Glenn Thrush of the NYT did it a couple minutes prior to that one.
    At this point, they are activists. How Acosta feels like he was engaged in journalism at that moment would require serious mental gymnastics.
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    E: oh man, I just can't stop watching. This is just rarely seen where a journalist just gets destroyed this badly. It's especially relevant to me because my gf just went to a wedding in Pakistan and guess what? Her entire extended family speaks English. Lololol
    Ditto where my wife comes from, the African country of Mauritius. The official language of the country is English, though they all speak English, French and Creole.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

9. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Boxcar (08-10-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Ditto where my wife comes from, the African country of Mauritius. The official language of the country is English, though they all speak English, French and Creole.
    I went to school (college) with a bunch of international students. I have friends who were born and raised in: India, Algeria, UAE, Venezuela, Bangladesh, China and Korea. Every single one speaks passable English.

Jim Acosta is a fucking joke. I saw a comment on the video that said there are more English speakers in China than in America, lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

jaysblue (08-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,959 Times in 6,111 Posts
    You guys are a TV show.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

Rusty_Savage (08-09-2017)

Thanks
    pretty lame when media comes with a lengthy rehearsed diatribe. 30 seconds into the speech I'm already wondering if there is a question in the near future

Thanks
    Thanked 8,623 Times in 4,804 Posts
    In light of the podcast, what was said that makes you think JFK was a hero? Don't worry, I'm not going to try and get in to a big debate with you over him or anything just curious.
    Cuban Missile Crisis handling. Carlin talks about a lot of in depth stuff, conversations between JFK and his joint chiefs (including recordings), etc. Maybe it's just a big pro-JFK bias from Carlin but he comes across as a fucking hero. And a big part of it is how JFK handled his own people - not the Russians. A lot of that is probably in here https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...litary/309496/ but I haven't read that article.

Other interesting tidbits from the podcast - Nikita Khrushchev saw JFK as either a pushover OR easier to work with than Nixon and wanted him to get elected so bad that Khrushchev instructed the rezidentura in Washington to propose measures diplomatic, propaganda, etc. to help JFK win. Also, JFK had back channels to Russia that helped end the Crisis. Echoes of Trump!

Of course when a KGB agent reached out to JFK's campaign they were rebuked, politely. So not really the same.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NJH For This Useful Post:

Terminator (08-09-2017)

Thanks
    Obama goes out in open and makes a deal with Iran to let them keep most of their nuke system in tact just to push the deal through and then goes behind the back of the American people giving Iran millions of dollars, in untraceable cash, he's a hero to the libs.

Trump suggests not completely cutting off conversation with Russian and the left calls him a commy conspirator.

everyone knows Obama gave Iran everything they wanted to get the deal done but media doesn't care because it's Obama

Trump's company did business with Russia years before he ever decided to run and that puts him in "cahoots" with Putin.

gotta love fair news cycle. lol

Thanks
    Thanked 8,623 Times in 4,804 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    Obama goes out in open and makes a deal with Iran to let them keep most of their nuke system in tact just to push the deal through and then goes behind the back of the American people giving Iran millions of dollars, in untraceable cash, he's a hero to the libs.

Trump suggests not completely cutting off conversation with Russian and the left calls him a commy conspirator.

everyone knows Obama gave Iran everything they wanted to get the deal done but media doesn't care because it's Obama

Trump's company did business with Russia years before he ever decided to run and that puts him in "cahoots" with Putin.

gotta love fair news cycle. lol
    wahhhhhhhhhhh please like my president

you fucking baby

19. The Following User Says Thank You to NJH For This Useful Post:

Orgfiller (08-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Say this for NK, they've got Trump pegged.

---

North Korea responded to Trump's comments through a state media report, criticizing the US President for having "let out a load of nonsense about 'fire and fury,'" and accused him of "failing to grasp the on-going grave situation."

The report states that "sound dialogue is not possible with such a guy bereft of reason and only absolute force can work on him."

All Star
    Thanks
    Say this for NK, they've got Trump pegged.

---

North Korea responded to Trump's comments through a state media report, criticizing the US President for having "let out a load of nonsense about 'fire and fury,'" and accused him of "failing to grasp the on-going grave situation."

The report states that "sound dialogue is not possible with such a guy bereft of reason and only absolute force can work on him."
    Yeah, I mean it's pretty obvious with how well it was going with them before Trump took office that he's clearly the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 4,266 Posts
    I was referring to him being clueless and bereft of reason. Truth.