• SD 1
    SEA 3
    In Progress
    Top 8th
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Tech Support

Thanks
    Thanked 6,001 Times in 3,832 Posts
    Don't know if anyone here has been experiencing an issue with the home button on their Android device (seems fairly widespread from what I'v read on the Internet). Anyways all you have to is uninstall Google updates.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,185 Times in 5,110 Posts
    Anyone wanna recommend a good keyboard for under 80 bucks or so? I don't need super fast actuation but I want something that is comfortable to type on and isn't obnoxiously loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,854 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Anyone wanna recommend a good keyboard for under 80 bucks or so? I don't need super fast actuation but I want something that is comfortable to type on and isn't obnoxiously loud.
    I think my best advice would be to go somewhere like Bestbuy or Staples and check out a bunch of them. They usually have at least some of the models on display so you can get a feel for them. Keyboards are so personal that it's very hard to make recommendations. Personally, I'm still using my old Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia keyboard from a long time ago (they don't make them anymore). I have a backup of the Logitech K350, but it's still in the box. A lot of people don't like the split keyboard or the more ergonomic options though.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,185 Times in 5,110 Posts
    Yeah, I guess I could just go to NCIX and take a look. I like the Corsair ones but they are just so expensive.
    Frag are you alive?
    I know King isn't... little prick.

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    This is the one I have:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/cooler-ma...-45-128421.htm

It's also available in green and blue. I've been using it for about 7-8 months and I'm pleased with it, I play a lot of BF4/BF1 on it and so far so good. It's usually available everywhere so you can probably give it a try. Can't comment on the mouse though, I'm using a Corsair one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,331 Posts
    I've never mucked around with displayport, but if I'm understanding correctly it's a superior tech to HDMI, just less widely used?

My question is if you get an adapter or displayport to HDMI cord the results should still approximate HDMI, yea?

MVP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    I've never mucked around with displayport, but if I'm understanding correctly it's a superior tech to HDMI, just less widely used?

My question is if you get an adapter or displayport to HDMI cord the results should still approximate HDMI, yea?
    Displayport 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 are pretty similar (I think the proposed Displayport 1.3 can support 8k video, Displayport 1.2 can support daisy chaining depending on resolution, and HDMI 2.0 can support a return audio channel and ethernet). Both should support 4k video at 60Hz as long as you're at those version numbers and have a cable that supports it as well. Displayport is usually used more for computers, and HDMI for TVs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abomination For This Useful Post:

silvergun (03-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,109 Times in 1,331 Posts
    Is there a way to have a browser windowed, maximize a video, and have it only take up that entire browser, not your entire screen? I'm using Chrome but if it'll work in another I'm game.

I've typed about 50 variations of this question into google, tried 4-5 different plugins/programs and still can't get it to work.

Anyone know, or am I missing something really obvious?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silvergun View Post
    Is there a way to have a browser windowed, maximize a video, and have it only take up that entire browser, not your entire screen? I'm using Chrome but if it'll work in another I'm game.

I've typed about 50 variations of this question into google, tried 4-5 different plugins/programs and still can't get it to work.

Anyone know, or am I missing something really obvious?
    You could just resize the window to the size you want, then adjust the zoom until the video fills the window. Otherwise there's prob a plugin that does it, check the chrome plugin store.

Thanks
    Piece of shit Windows 10 creators update doesn't work. Black screen, restart, freeze at 87%, restart, auto restore to previous version of Windows.

2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Top 100 Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Piece of shit Windows 10 creators update doesn't work. Black screen, restart, freeze at 87%, restart, auto restore to previous version of Windows.

There was an article Microsoft put out saying that you should hold off on that update for now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TholesWeirdEye View Post
    There was an article Microsoft put out saying that you should hold off on that update for now.
    Unfortunately didn't see that, and Windows 10 defaults to auto updates!

Top 100 Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    Unfortunately didn't see that, and Windows 10 defaults to auto updates!
    I know, it's stupid. Both of my computers did it and it was fine but I heard a lot of people having issues.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TholesWeirdEye For This Useful Post:

Bobthe4th (05-05-2017)

MVP
    Thanks

At least it auto restored

Try updating your drivers, etc first (video drivers in particular if possible).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    At least it auto restored

Try updating your drivers, etc first (video drivers in particular if possible).
    All drivers up to date, everything works fine. Have dismissed any notifications to update for nearly a year.

Now the fucking thing starts downloading the update in the background with no option to cancel or stop it. Then when it's finished, restarting tries to install the update. Same issue, takes ages then either goes to a blank screen with no cursor or just freezes part way through. Have to force turn off a few times until it realises it's not going to work and reverts to previous Windows build (1607). If I turn it on, it goes through the whole process all over again. There's nothing wrong with my PC, it works perfectly - I don't need or want the stupid fucking creators update.

How the fuck do I stop the update from trying to autoinstall?

MVP
    Thanks
    All drivers up to date, everything works fine. Have dismissed any notifications to update for nearly a year.

Now the fucking thing starts downloading the update in the background with no option to cancel or stop it. Then when it's finished, restarting tries to install the update. Same issue, takes ages then either goes to a blank screen with no cursor or just freezes part way through. Have to force turn off a few times until it realises it's not going to work and reverts to previous Windows build (1607). If I turn it on, it goes through the whole process all over again. There's nothing wrong with my PC, it works perfectly - I don't need or want the stupid fucking creators update.

How the fuck do I stop the update from trying to autoinstall?
    I'm not sure you can. The installation can take a long time sometimes, so even if it looks like it's freezing, it may not be. Maybe set it to update before bed and see what happens by the morning. Otherwise, you may simply have to do a fresh install with the latest version.