• PHI
    MIA
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYM
    ATL
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • DET
    SEA
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • STL
    TOR
    Preview
    1:45 PM ET
  • STL
    TOR
    Preview
    7:15 PM ET
  • COL
    WSH
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • SF
    LAD
    Preview
    3:45 PM ET
  • CLE
    HOU
    Preview
    6:10 PM ET
  • BOS
    NYY
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ARI
    SD
    Preview
    9:40 PM ET
  • LAA
    OAK
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 225 to 240 of 285

Thread: Dumb things that BJMB members say.

  1. #225
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,998
    Thanks
    267
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    The DR ESL teacher is a good story. Was at the resort bar, and just started talking to the girl next to me. Turns out she is from Elliott Lake and went to Nipissing U teacher's college with, get this, my next door neighbour. Small world. Anyway some more talk and dancing and she pulled me out of the bar. Friends to this day, she lives in S. Carolina now with a millionaire husband.
    That is a great story. You might want to consider entering it into the Toronto Storytelling Festival coming up in March
    http://www.torontostorytellingfestival.ca/site/

    All you need is a catchy title.
    Maybe "How I shagged another teacher" although that might cause the audience to demand to know how you shagged the first teacher as an encore.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamGreenwood For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-29-2016)

  3. #226
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,316
    Thanks
    12,042
    Thanked 4,781 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    went to Nipissing U teacher's college
    S. Carolina now with a millionaire husband.
    must have been smoking
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to GD For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-30-2016)

  5. #227
    Big Leaguer Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,979
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 654 Posts
    As a fat, ugly lesbian feminist secretly masquerading as a man on these boards, I can say that I have been VERY triggered by the story of Jimcanuck. What a disgusting chauvinistic pig. I bet he grabbed this lady by the pussy as well. I demand that the board's admins immediately disclose his IP and email addresses for immediate identification and public flogging. I bet this piece of shit voted for Donald Trump too.

  6. #228
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,137
    Thanks
    1,876
    Thanked 7,217 Times in 4,498 Posts
    What I don't understand is how a guy who is deaf has a cordial conversation with anyone who doesn't know ASL. My father in law is hearing impaired. He can hear loud bass but I can converse with my girlfriend right next to him and he doesn't hear unless I yell. Jim himself said that he went to a concert this year and hoped they cranked up the bass so he could hear it. If he has trouble hearing in a concert hall, what hope does he have with a woman speaking in an indoor voice?

    So, either Jim is full of shit about being deaf or his story is bullshit. I'd put my money on the latter but who knows. Most of Jim's stories seem like delusions to impress people and maybe he's trying to convince himself, idk.

    Maybe he's a super good lip reader or something. Every person I've ever met who was born deaf was not very good with verbal communication. How could they be? They can't hear the words they are saying.

    Do you think telling obvious bullshit impresses us, Jim? Are you craving validation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  7. #229
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,112
    Thanks
    712
    Thanked 5,298 Times in 3,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    What I don't understand is how a guy who is deaf has a cordial conversation with anyone who doesn't know ASL. My father in law is hearing impaired. He can hear loud bass but I can converse with my girlfriend right next to him and he doesn't hear unless I yell. Jim himself said that he went to a concert this year and hoped they cranked up the bass so he could hear it. If he has trouble hearing in a concert hall, what hope does he have with a woman speaking in an indoor voice?

    So, either Jim is full of shit about being deaf or his story is bullshit. I'd put my money on the latter but who knows. Most of Jim's stories seem like delusions to impress people and maybe he's trying to convince himself, idk.

    Maybe he's a super good lip reader or something. Every person I've ever met who was born deaf was not very good with verbal communication. How could they be? They can't hear the words they are saying.

    Do you think telling obvious bullshit impresses us, Jim? Are you craving validation?
    maybe he became deaf after his sexual exploits, or for a better story...during. Either that or you are thinking about this far too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  8. #230
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,137
    Thanks
    1,876
    Thanked 7,217 Times in 4,498 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    maybe he became deaf after his sexual exploits, or for a better story...during. Either that or you are thinking about this far too much.
    I mean...I didn't think about it THAT much. I just know bullshit when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  9. #231
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,697
    Thanks
    3,216
    Thanked 11,552 Times in 6,891 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    We are in no position to trade a SP. I think some of you are forgetting how insanely lucky we got with SP health last year. It's very atypical, and you can probably expect to lose at least one of our SP to some serious injury time this season. God forbid it's Stro or Sanchez. We need to address OF, but trading a SP is not an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by reedjohnsonfan View Post
    Why should we expect that? It's a possibility sure, but which pitcher's do you think are particularly vulnerable to something really serious?

    RJF is the first entry in this thread for the new year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    GD (01-06-2017),jays4life19 (01-06-2017),L54 (01-06-2017),P2F (01-06-2017),Rusty_Savage (01-20-2017),Sorrow (01-06-2017),Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

  11. #232
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    4,315
    Thanks
    586
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 898 Posts
    Well deserved recognition.

  12. #233
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,081
    Thanks
    2,258
    Thanked 6,186 Times in 3,906 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    RJF is the first entry in this thread for the new year.
    The weird thing is that guy has probably watched about 40 seasons of MLB.

  13. #234
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,697
    Thanks
    3,216
    Thanked 11,552 Times in 6,891 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    The weird thing is that guy has probably watched about 40 seasons of MLB.
    I'm pretty sure he's similar in age to the rest of us. Just very stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  14. #235
    Big Leaguer Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,979
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 654 Posts
    You guys worry too much. If one of the starting pitchers goes down Juan Guzman will magically appear and go 10-1 for the rest of the season. Happens every year.

  15. #236
    Top 100 Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Breese, Illinois
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    The weird thing is that guy has probably watched about 40 seasons of MLB.
    Jesus how old is he?

  16. #237
    Moderator Governator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    10,230
    Thanks
    2,733
    Thanked 4,614 Times in 2,138 Posts
    I love this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

  17. #238
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,112
    Thanks
    712
    Thanked 5,298 Times in 3,033 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TholesWeirdEye View Post
    Jesus how old is he?
    about 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    King (01-06-2017),TholesWeirdEye (01-06-2017)

  19. #239
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    32,065
    Thanks
    35,433
    Thanked 6,819 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    RJF is the first entry in this thread for the new year.
    lol

  20. #240
    Top 100 Prospect TholesWeirdEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Breese, Illinois
    Posts
    359
    Thanks
    377
    Thanked 86 Times in 56 Posts
    lulz

    Quote Originally Posted by RealAccountant View Post
    If I am Bautista, I would tell the jays franchise to go to hell for the way they have treated him, same with Edwin.

    We wont be seeing those two Bluejays Legend around for a very long time. Wonder what kind of precedent this sets for other Bluejays Stars with this current regime.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •