• CWS
    MIN
    Preview
    5:10 PM ET
  • CWS
    MIN
    Preview
    3:33 AM ET
  • PIT
    LAD
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    OAK
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • NYM
    ARI
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    BOS
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ATL
    SEA
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • LAA
    TEX
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • SF
    MIL
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 240 of 309 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,825 to 3,840 of 4929

Thread: Offseason Roster Thread 2016-17

  1. #3825
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,424
    Thanks
    707
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehjays View Post
    I think they will wait it out until the draft pick is off the table for Bautista. I think they want that pick more than him
    Why the hell would they offer EE $80 Million and not get a pick vs Jose $17 Million for players who project to be pretty similar. Add in the fact Jose fill a position of need.

  2. #3826
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,424
    Thanks
    707
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Until he inevitably gets injured Floyd is prob the 6th starter and could also take away the longman role from Bolsinger.
    He's probably the 4th maybe 5th best reliever too.

  3. #3827
    Blue Chip Prospect Ehjays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked 158 Times in 116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Why the hell would they offer EE $80 Million and not get a pick vs Jose $17 Million for players who project to be pretty similar. Add in the fact Jose fill a position of need.
    He doesn't fill a position of need very well though. His bat is good but his defence and arm are below average now.

  4. #3828
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,370
    Thanks
    2,075
    Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,261 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehjays View Post
    He doesn't fill a position of need very well though. His bat is good but his defence and arm are below average now.
    A 3-WAR Outfielder is a 3-WAR Outfielder IMO, regardless of how much value comes from his bat versus defense. Would a good defensive player but a shitty hitter who projects for 3 WAR somehow fill our needs better? I don't think so. Frankly I think our run prevention is better than our offense right now anyway so if we want to break it down by fit an offensive player would probably be better.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    burlingtonbandit (01-05-2017),Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

  6. #3829
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,424
    Thanks
    707
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehjays View Post
    He doesn't fill a position of need very well though. His bat is good but his defence and arm are below average now.
    He's not good defensively but his bat makes up for it. He's a worthy upgrade over the crap currently in the corner OF on the team.

  7. #3830
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,424
    Thanks
    707
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    A 3-WAR Outfielder is a 3-WAR Outfielder IMO, regardless of how much value comes from his bat versus defense. Would a good defensive player but a shitty hitter who projects for 3 WAR somehow fill our needs better? I don't think so. Frankly I think our run prevention is better than our offense right now anyway so if we want to break it down by fit an offensive player would probably be better.
    Agree 100%. Moss seems like a good fit to platoon with Upton but they still need another OF. Bautista is a huge upgrade over the rest of the OF on the market.

  8. #3831
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,498
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 644 Times in 513 Posts
    Probably just me but I think Jose's offensive value is greater thann EE going forward for their career, Bautista will probably put up an obp north of .350 for quite some time

    Makes me think that there is more to this

  9. #3832
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    to sign Jose for pretty big money for 1 year and give up a draft pick seems like poor management to me.

    If in May Jose is still looking for a team and it becomes clear the jays will not get a draft pick then you can sign him.

    With that being said their isn't many good OF free agents left.

    Teams need starting pitching so the Jays should sign a starter and trade one of Happ, Liriano or Estrada for an outfielder. Keep Sanchez and Stroman.

  10. #3833
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,498
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 644 Times in 513 Posts
    If Jose Bautista chooses to wait out till June he will definitely not be signing on with the Jays. I think many contending teams will be willing to give up a nice sum of money. Morales ended up with 8M and he wasn't even that sought after.

    Bautista can easily wait till June take a couple months off and sign on with a team in June for say 12M

    There will be no draft pick. I would consider that a major failure on Shapiro's Jays part, the second of this offseason ( EE Debacle)

  11. #3834
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,424
    Thanks
    707
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealAccountant View Post
    If Jose Bautista chooses to wait out till June he will definitely not be signing on with the Jays. I think many contending teams will be willing to give up a nice sum of money. Morales ended up with 8M and he wasn't even that sought after.

    Bautista can easily wait till June take a couple months off and sign on with a team in June for say 12M

    There will be no draft pick. I would consider that a major failure on Shapiro's Jays part, the second of this offseason ( EE Debacle)
    If he was really sought after a team would just give up a pick to sign him now. Not every team has to give up a 1st round pick.

  12. #3835
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,155
    Thanks
    1,526
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    Kole Calhoun + for Stoman

    who says no
    I'd offer JA Happ + in a deal for Calhoun.

    Happ becomes a FA in 2019, Calhoun in 2020. Happ's value right now is probably at an all-time high. Plus 2 years/$26 million is a bargain for him. Obviously would have to add another piece along with Happ.

  13. #3836
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,498
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 644 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    If he was really sought after a team would just give up a pick to sign him now. Not every team has to give up a 1st round pick.
    Fait enough

    The two teams that can use him the most their fan bases hate him

  14. #3837
    MVP gruber92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,132
    Thanks
    793
    Thanked 1,303 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I'd offer JA Happ + in a deal for Calhoun.

    Happ becomes a FA in 2019, Calhoun in 2020. Happ's value right now is probably at an all-time high. Plus 2 years/$26 million is a bargain for him. Obviously would have to add another piece along with Happ.
    Estrada is the SP that should be involved in a trade, especially before ST begins. Problem is that most GMs would probably be skeptical because of his back issues. I'd still dangle him out there just to feel the waters.

  15. #3838
    Big Leaguer SirBJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Maple
    Posts
    3,230
    Thanks
    2,459
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 889 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Estrada is the SP that should be involved in a trade, especially before ST begins. Problem is that most GMs would probably be skeptical because of his back issues. I'd still dangle him out there just to feel the waters.
    If you're not looking to get anything back by dealing Estrada, then you can try go for it. He's a free agent after this season and as you pointed out, he's got some injury issues. At least with Happ there's an extra year of control and no health issues. By adding stuff with him as the main piece you can probably get something useful for him by selling high.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

  16. #3839
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,136
    Thanks
    2,393
    Thanked 6,527 Times in 4,106 Posts
    We are in no position to trade a SP. I think some of you are forgetting how insanely lucky we got with SP health last year. It's very atypical, and you can probably expect to lose at least one of our SP to some serious injury time this season. God forbid it's Stro or Sanchez. We need to address OF, but trading a SP is not an option.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    BigCecil (01-06-2017),BTS (01-06-2017),Chappy (01-06-2017),Ehjays (01-06-2017),Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

  18. #3840
    Big Leaguer reedjohnsonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked 294 Times in 221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    We are in no position to trade a SP. I think some of you are forgetting how insanely lucky we got with SP health last year. It's very atypical, and you can probably expect to lose at least one of our SP to some serious injury time this season. God forbid it's Stro or Sanchez. We need to address OF, but trading a SP is not an option.
    Why should we expect that? It's a possibility sure, but which pitcher's do you think are particularly vulnerable to something really serious?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •