Final
    3:10 PM ET
Page 240 of 306 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290 ... LastLast
Results 3,825 to 3,840 of 4894

Thread: Offseason Roster Thread 2016-17

Thanks
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehjays View Post
    I think they will wait it out until the draft pick is off the table for Bautista. I think they want that pick more than him
    Why the hell would they offer EE $80 Million and not get a pick vs Jose $17 Million for players who project to be pretty similar. Add in the fact Jose fill a position of need.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Until he inevitably gets injured Floyd is prob the 6th starter and could also take away the longman role from Bolsinger.
    He's probably the 4th maybe 5th best reliever too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Why the hell would they offer EE $80 Million and not get a pick vs Jose $17 Million for players who project to be pretty similar. Add in the fact Jose fill a position of need.
    He doesn't fill a position of need very well though. His bat is good but his defence and arm are below average now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 911 Posts
    He doesn't fill a position of need very well though. His bat is good but his defence and arm are below average now.
    A 3-WAR Outfielder is a 3-WAR Outfielder IMO, regardless of how much value comes from his bat versus defense. Would a good defensive player but a shitty hitter who projects for 3 WAR somehow fill our needs better? I don't think so. Frankly I think our run prevention is better than our offense right now anyway so if we want to break it down by fit an offensive player would probably be better.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

burlingtonbandit (01-05-2017),Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    He's not good defensively but his bat makes up for it. He's a worthy upgrade over the crap currently in the corner OF on the team.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    A 3-WAR Outfielder is a 3-WAR Outfielder IMO, regardless of how much value comes from his bat versus defense. Would a good defensive player but a shitty hitter who projects for 3 WAR somehow fill our needs better? I don't think so. Frankly I think our run prevention is better than our offense right now anyway so if we want to break it down by fit an offensive player would probably be better.
    Agree 100%. Moss seems like a good fit to platoon with Upton but they still need another OF. Bautista is a huge upgrade over the rest of the OF on the market.

MVP
    Thanks
    Probably just me but I think Jose's offensive value is greater thann EE going forward for their career, Bautista will probably put up an obp north of .350 for quite some time

Makes me think that there is more to this

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    to sign Jose for pretty big money for 1 year and give up a draft pick seems like poor management to me.

If in May Jose is still looking for a team and it becomes clear the jays will not get a draft pick then you can sign him.

With that being said their isn't many good OF free agents left.

Teams need starting pitching so the Jays should sign a starter and trade one of Happ, Liriano or Estrada for an outfielder. Keep Sanchez and Stroman.

MVP
    Thanks
    If Jose Bautista chooses to wait out till June he will definitely not be signing on with the Jays. I think many contending teams will be willing to give up a nice sum of money. Morales ended up with 8M and he wasn't even that sought after.

Bautista can easily wait till June take a couple months off and sign on with a team in June for say 12M

There will be no draft pick. I would consider that a major failure on Shapiro's Jays part, the second of this offseason ( EE Debacle)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RealAccountant View Post
    If Jose Bautista chooses to wait out till June he will definitely not be signing on with the Jays. I think many contending teams will be willing to give up a nice sum of money. Morales ended up with 8M and he wasn't even that sought after.

Bautista can easily wait till June take a couple months off and sign on with a team in June for say 12M

There will be no draft pick. I would consider that a major failure on Shapiro's Jays part, the second of this offseason ( EE Debacle)
    If he was really sought after a team would just give up a pick to sign him now. Not every team has to give up a 1st round pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    Kole Calhoun + for Stoman

who says no
    I'd offer JA Happ + in a deal for Calhoun.

Happ becomes a FA in 2019, Calhoun in 2020. Happ's value right now is probably at an all-time high. Plus 2 years/$26 million is a bargain for him. Obviously would have to add another piece along with Happ.

MVP
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    If he was really sought after a team would just give up a pick to sign him now. Not every team has to give up a 1st round pick.
    Fait enough

The two teams that can use him the most their fan bases hate him
    Goodbye AA.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I'd offer JA Happ + in a deal for Calhoun.

Happ becomes a FA in 2019, Calhoun in 2020. Happ's value right now is probably at an all-time high. Plus 2 years/$26 million is a bargain for him. Obviously would have to add another piece along with Happ.
    Estrada is the SP that should be involved in a trade, especially before ST begins. Problem is that most GMs would probably be skeptical because of his back issues. I'd still dangle him out there just to feel the waters.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,363 Times in 788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Estrada is the SP that should be involved in a trade, especially before ST begins. Problem is that most GMs would probably be skeptical because of his back issues. I'd still dangle him out there just to feel the waters.
    If you're not looking to get anything back by dealing Estrada, then you can try go for it. He's a free agent after this season and as you pointed out, he's got some injury issues. At least with Happ there's an extra year of control and no health issues. By adding stuff with him as the main piece you can probably get something useful for him by selling high.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,042 Times in 3,809 Posts
    We are in no position to trade a SP. I think some of you are forgetting how insanely lucky we got with SP health last year. It's very atypical, and you can probably expect to lose at least one of our SP to some serious injury time this season. God forbid it's Stro or Sanchez. We need to address OF, but trading a SP is not an option.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

BigCecil (01-06-2017),BTS (01-06-2017),Chappy (01-06-2017),Ehjays (01-06-2017),Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    We are in no position to trade a SP. I think some of you are forgetting how insanely lucky we got with SP health last year. It's very atypical, and you can probably expect to lose at least one of our SP to some serious injury time this season. God forbid it's Stro or Sanchez. We need to address OF, but trading a SP is not an option.
    Why should we expect that? It's a possibility sure, but which pitcher's do you think are particularly vulnerable to something really serious?