• BAL
    MIN
    Preview
    12:35 PM ET
  • MIL
    TOR
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • OAK
    MIA
    Preview
    3:35 PM ET
  • ARI
    CWS
    Preview
    3:40 PM ET
  • CLE
    CIN
    Preview
    6:10 PM ET
  • PHI
    COL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • NYY
    KC
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • WSH
    SEA
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TB
    LAA
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • NYM
    SD
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • BOS
    TEX
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ATL
    PIT
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • CHC
    SF
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • HOU
    DET
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    STL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 126

Thread: Trade for Andrew McCutchen (NJH #7)

  1. #33
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,981
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Can I propose a deal?

    To Jays: Andrew McCutchen

    To Pirates: Jose Quintana (who they apparently want)

    To ChiSox: Anthony Alford, Sean Reid-Foley, Tyler Glasnow
    I don't even think the Jays FO does that.

  2. #34
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,574
    Thanks
    1,500
    Thanked 1,146 Times in 767 Posts
    There's a story on the Score app "6 bold trades we want to see this offseason"

    It suggests McCutchen to Toronto - noting they may have to give up major-league, long-term controllable pieces like Dalton Pompey and Joe Biagini. Where the F do we sign up for that?

    It also suggests Profar for Puig....which actually makes a lot of sense. Odd article.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-21-2016)

  4. #35
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Can I propose a deal?

    To Jays: Andrew McCutchen

    To Pirates: Jose Quintana (who they apparently want)

    To ChiSox: Anthony Alford, Sean Reid-Foley, Tyler Glasnow
    I know you used to argue that Travis Snider was 100% going to be perennial all-star even though it was clear he didn't quite have it, but how do the Jays end up with McCutchen for two midpack prospects? No way does Pittsburgh make this deal.

  5. #36
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,404
    Thanks
    3,093
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Can I propose a deal?

    To Jays: Andrew McCutchen

    To Pirates: Jose Quintana (who they apparently want)

    To ChiSox: Anthony Alford, Sean Reid-Foley, Tyler Glasnow
    I'd say the Pirates do a hard pass on that. McCutchen AND Glasnow for Quintana? No thanks. I'd say the Jays only paying Alford and SRF for Cutch is a steal, and the White Sox do really well here as well. Quintana is excellent and very cheap, but I don't think there's any way the Pirates accept this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  6. #37
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,344
    Thanks
    2,293
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 3,960 Posts
    Quintana is much better than Cutch, not to mention cheaper, younger and under contract longer.

  7. #38
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,054
    Thanks
    3,264
    Thanked 11,697 Times in 6,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crmr View Post
    I know you used to argue that Travis Snider was 100% going to be perennial all-star even though it was clear he didn't quite have it, but how do the Jays end up with McCutchen for two midpack prospects? No way does Pittsburgh make this deal.
    Didn't we just have an exchange where you were complaining that the dialogue on this site is generally bad and tends to be unnecessarily confrontational? Why respond to something intended as a conversation starter with what amounts to "lol you were so wrong 8 years ago"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  8. #39
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    1,299
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 265 Times in 181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Didn't we just have an exchange where you were complaining that the dialogue on this site is generally bad and tends to be unnecessarily confrontational? Why respond to something intended as a conversation starter with what amounts to "lol you were so wrong 8 years ago"?
    A bit random wasn't it!

  9. #40
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Didn't we just have an exchange where you were complaining that the dialogue on this site is generally bad and tends to be unnecessarily confrontational? Why respond to something intended as a conversation starter with what amounts to "lol you were so wrong 8 years ago"?
    This particular one I can't resist. Largely because he couldn't even entertain the idea that Snider may not be good. And, if it were 8 years ago I'd let it slide, but I'm pretty sure it was 4-5 years ago.

    I also gave my point later in the post to be fair, so I kept it going.

  10. #41
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,344
    Thanks
    2,293
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 3,960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crmr View Post
    I know you used to argue that Travis Snider was 100% going to be perennial all-star even though it was clear he didn't quite have it, but how do the Jays end up with McCutchen for two midpack prospects? No way does Pittsburgh make this deal.
    Alford and SRF are Top 100 prospects. The Pirates won't deal Meadows to get Quintana.

  11. #42
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,344
    Thanks
    2,293
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 3,960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crmr View Post
    This particular one I can't resist. Largely because he couldn't even entertain the idea that Snider may not be good. And, if it were 8 years ago I'd let it slide, but I'm pretty sure it was 4-5 years ago.

    I also gave my point later in the post to be fair, so I kept it going.
    I dont know you, but thanks for obsessing over and paraphrasing something I wrote on the internet a decade ago.

  12. #43
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I dont know you, but thanks for obsessing over something I wrote on the internet a decade ago.
    You were so sure entering 2011 (I'm pretty sure), that Snider was going to be a perennial all-star, even saying someone would be dumb for not seeing it. It's hard to forget something like that!

    Good try saying it was a decade ago though, my poitn was you took a while to update your information, not that your information was initially wrong (which would have been reasonable)

  13. #44
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,404
    Thanks
    3,093
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Quintana is much better than Cutch, not to mention cheaper, younger and under contract longer.
    Quintana has only had one season where he was more valuable than McCutchen, that was last season, obviously the reason why Cutch's value isn't at his usual superstar value, Quintana is by no stretch "much better" unless you think the former will stick around as a sub 1 win player going forward. The latter also happens to be a pitcher, those guys are much bigger risks than a hitter like McCutchen who's never been injury prone throughout his career and still projects to be an above-average player next season with potential for much higher. If this was Quintana for McCutchen + minor prospect(s)/average MLB regular then it might be fair, but Tyler Glasnow is a top 10 prospect in baseball with big upside, and is under control for a long time. No way I would add him to that deal, and I don't think the Pirates would either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

    crmr (12-21-2016)

  15. #45
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,344
    Thanks
    2,293
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 3,960 Posts
    I'm struggling to see the relevance of your point, if you have one.

  16. #46
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    I'm struggling to see the relevance of your point, if you have one.
    My point is when you make posts that come across with certainty, such as "Quintana is much better than Cutch" one should read it more as "I think Quintana is much better than Cutch, but like you I really have no idea, and have a history of being wrong"

  17. #47
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,344
    Thanks
    2,293
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 3,960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Quintana has only had one season where he was more valuable than McCutchen, that was last season, obviously the reason why Cutch's value isn't at his usual superstar value, Quintana is by no stretch "much better" unless you think the former will stick around as a sub 1 win player going forward. The latter also happens to be a pitcher, those guys are much bigger risks than a hitter like McCutchen who's never been injury prone throughout his career and still projects to be an above-average player next season with potential for much higher. If this was Quintana for McCutchen + minor prospect(s)/average MLB regular then it might be fair, but Tyler Glasnow is a top 10 prospect in baseball with big upside, and is under control for a long time. No way I would add him to that deal, and I don't think the Pirates would either.
    Quintana is under control for twice as long, likely to produce more WAR, and allows them to save payroll while also handing the reins to Meadows, who at this point is probably as good as McCutchen. A lot of people also think Glasnow is a reliever.

  18. #48
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,344
    Thanks
    2,293
    Thanked 6,274 Times in 3,960 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crmr View Post
    My point is when you make posts that come across with certainty, such as "Quintana is much better than Cutch" one should read it more as "I think Quintana is much better than Cutch, but like you I really have no idea, and have a history of being wrong"
    Quintana had 5x as much WAR this year and is 3 years younger. You are wildly overrating Cutch's present trade value. It's considerably less than Adam Eaton.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •