Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade for Andrew McCutchen (NJH #7)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Can I propose a deal?

To Jays: Andrew McCutchen

To Pirates: Jose Quintana (who they apparently want)

To ChiSox: Anthony Alford, Sean Reid-Foley, Tyler Glasnow
    I don't even think the Jays FO does that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 976 Posts
    There's a story on the Score app "6 bold trades we want to see this offseason"

It suggests McCutchen to Toronto - noting they may have to give up major-league, long-term controllable pieces like Dalton Pompey and Joe Biagini. Where the F do we sign up for that?

It also suggests Profar for Puig....which actually makes a lot of sense. Odd article.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-21-2016)

Prospect
    Thanks
    Can I propose a deal?

I know you used to argue that Travis Snider was 100% going to be perennial all-star even though it was clear he didn't quite have it, but how do the Jays end up with McCutchen for two midpack prospects? No way does Pittsburgh make this deal.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,546 Times in 2,887 Posts
    Can I propose a deal?

I'd say the Pirates do a hard pass on that. McCutchen AND Glasnow for Quintana? No thanks. I'd say the Jays only paying Alford and SRF for Cutch is a steal, and the White Sox do really well here as well. Quintana is excellent and very cheap, but I don't think there's any way the Pirates accept this.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Quintana is much better than Cutch, not to mention cheaper, younger and under contract longer.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,650 Times in 7,558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crmr View Post
    I know you used to argue that Travis Snider was 100% going to be perennial all-star even though it was clear he didn't quite have it, but how do the Jays end up with McCutchen for two midpack prospects? No way does Pittsburgh make this deal.
    Didn't we just have an exchange where you were complaining that the dialogue on this site is generally bad and tends to be unnecessarily confrontational? Why respond to something intended as a conversation starter with what amounts to "lol you were so wrong 8 years ago"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Didn't we just have an exchange where you were complaining that the dialogue on this site is generally bad and tends to be unnecessarily confrontational? Why respond to something intended as a conversation starter with what amounts to "lol you were so wrong 8 years ago"?
    A bit random wasn't it!

Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    This particular one I can't resist. Largely because he couldn't even entertain the idea that Snider may not be good. And, if it were 8 years ago I'd let it slide, but I'm pretty sure it was 4-5 years ago.

I also gave my point later in the post to be fair, so I kept it going.

Thanks
    Alford and SRF are Top 100 prospects. The Pirates won't deal Meadows to get Quintana.

Thanks
    This particular one I can't resist. Largely because he couldn't even entertain the idea that Snider may not be good. And, if it were 8 years ago I'd let it slide, but I'm pretty sure it was 4-5 years ago.

I also gave my point later in the post to be fair, so I kept it going.
    I dont know you, but thanks for obsessing over and paraphrasing something I wrote on the internet a decade ago.

Prospect
    Thanks
    I dont know you, but thanks for obsessing over something I wrote on the internet a decade ago.
    You were so sure entering 2011 (I'm pretty sure), that Snider was going to be a perennial all-star, even saying someone would be dumb for not seeing it. It's hard to forget something like that!

Good try saying it was a decade ago though, my poitn was you took a while to update your information, not that your information was initially wrong (which would have been reasonable)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,546 Times in 2,887 Posts
    Quintana is much better than Cutch, not to mention cheaper, younger and under contract longer.
    Quintana has only had one season where he was more valuable than McCutchen, that was last season, obviously the reason why Cutch's value isn't at his usual superstar value, Quintana is by no stretch "much better" unless you think the former will stick around as a sub 1 win player going forward. The latter also happens to be a pitcher, those guys are much bigger risks than a hitter like McCutchen who's never been injury prone throughout his career and still projects to be an above-average player next season with potential for much higher. If this was Quintana for McCutchen + minor prospect(s)/average MLB regular then it might be fair, but Tyler Glasnow is a top 10 prospect in baseball with big upside, and is under control for a long time. No way I would add him to that deal, and I don't think the Pirates would either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

crmr (12-21-2016)

Thanks
    I'm struggling to see the relevance of your point, if you have one.

Prospect
    Thanks
    I'm struggling to see the relevance of your point, if you have one.
    My point is when you make posts that come across with certainty, such as "Quintana is much better than Cutch" one should read it more as "I think Quintana is much better than Cutch, but like you I really have no idea, and have a history of being wrong"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Quintana has only had one season where he was more valuable than McCutchen, that was last season, obviously the reason why Cutch's value isn't at his usual superstar value, Quintana is by no stretch "much better" unless you think the former will stick around as a sub 1 win player going forward. The latter also happens to be a pitcher, those guys are much bigger risks than a hitter like McCutchen who's never been injury prone throughout his career and still projects to be an above-average player next season with potential for much higher. If this was Quintana for McCutchen + minor prospect(s)/average MLB regular then it might be fair, but Tyler Glasnow is a top 10 prospect in baseball with big upside, and is under control for a long time. No way I would add him to that deal, and I don't think the Pirates would either.
    Quintana is under control for twice as long, likely to produce more WAR, and allows them to save payroll while also handing the reins to Meadows, who at this point is probably as good as McCutchen. A lot of people also think Glasnow is a reliever.

Thanks
    My point is when you make posts that come across with certainty, such as "Quintana is much better than Cutch" one should read it more as "I think Quintana is much better than Cutch, but like you I really have no idea, and have a history of being wrong"
    Quintana had 5x as much WAR this year and is 3 years younger. You are wildly overrating Cutch's present trade value. It's considerably less than Adam Eaton.