• TB
    BOS
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • ATL
    HOU
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • STL
    MIA
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    PIT
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY
    TOR
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • MIN
    WSH
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    PHI
    Preview
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM
    DET
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • CHC
    CLE
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • CWS
    COL
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • OAK
    LAA
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • MIL
    LAD
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • CIN
    SF
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • KC
    TEX
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • COL
    ARI
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • SEA
    SD
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 113 to 120 of 120

Thread: Trade for Andrew McCutchen (NJH #7)

  1. #113
    Big Leaguer reedjohnsonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,529
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 292 Times in 219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    You bring this type of thing up often when people throw guesses on the long-term value of a contract. I think you understand that there's no way of knowing how individual teams will account for their current spot on the win curve, or how they'll value 2020 wins relative to 2017 wins. Everyone else in the conversation understands that it's all back of napkin math: estimates with known unknowns that facilitate conversation. You pop in from time to time and snarkily point out what everyone knows: that this is all rough math for discussion purposes. You're very much the annoying pedant in a lecture that won't shut the fuck up about minutiae.
    Wow you've wasted a lot of time trying to tell me off.

    Anyways I disagree. I asked a basic question... if he didn't take discounting into account it's fine, I was legitimately curious FFS.

    If you were a little more accepting about different points of view and different interests, the forum might actually grow and attract new members. I'm interested in how some people come up with their ideas, so I ask (and sometimes play devil's advocate). I often laugh in your face because in general I think you're clueless, but normally I'm cordial to (most, not all) other posters.

    Anyways that's my opinion. Maybe you should put me on ignore!

  2. #114
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,100
    Thanks
    1,771
    Thanked 6,889 Times in 4,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    He's making the point that we're estimating that teams will be willing to pay $10.5M per 2020 win in 2019, but might not be willing to invest $10.5M per 2020 win in 2017. Given that everyone but RJF seems to understand that these discussions are based on rough models that represent our best guesses at how much value the team places on a win, and thus have very big error bars, it's not an interesting point to make. Yet another example of RJF trying to sound smart while actually coming across as an idiot and adding nothing relevant to the conversation. He'll complete the cycle next time he whines about the level of discourse on the forum while adding nothing but shit posts himself.
    Ok, thanks. I was just confused because I had no idea why that was even brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

  3. #115
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,100
    Thanks
    1,771
    Thanked 6,889 Times in 4,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    He's making the point that we're estimating that teams will be willing to pay $10.5M per 2020 win in 2019, but might not be willing to invest $10.5M per 2020 win in 2017. Given that everyone but RJF seems to understand that these discussions are based on rough models that represent our best guesses at how much value the team places on a win, and thus have very big error bars, it's not an interesting point to make. Yet another example of RJF trying to sound smart while actually coming across as an idiot and adding nothing relevant to the conversation. He'll complete the cycle next time he whines about the level of discourse on the forum while adding nothing but shit posts himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by reedjohnsonfan View Post
    Wow you've wasted a lot of time trying to tell me off.

    Anyways I disagree. I asked a basic question... if he didn't take discounting into account it's fine, I was legitimately curious FFS.

    If you were a little more accepting about different points of view and different interests, the forum might actually grow and attract new members. I'm interested in how some people come up with their ideas, so I ask (and sometimes play devil's advocate). I often laugh in your face because in general I think you're clueless, but normally I'm cordial to (most, not all) other posters.

    Anyways that's my opinion. Maybe you should put me on ignore!
    lewl
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

  4. #116
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,832
    Thanks
    3,094
    Thanked 11,139 Times in 6,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    From Ottawa obviously it is BTS.
    Nope. Not a Pompey kind of guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  5. #117
    Just Drafted snowmagician19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All over the Internet I see sources that Jays are interested in Andy Mc but I do not see any source that says Jays is actually actively going after Andy Mc

    The asking price for Andy Mc will be sky high.

    No I do not want Jays to make Thor trade Version 2

    Just because there is an expensive skilled player that does not mean that team is obligated to trade him to Jays or Jays must acquire that guy

    https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/812681164712509440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw^

    GM Neal Huntington recently said it was likely #Pirates would keep McCutchen. But #BlueJays are among several clubs with interest.

  6. #118
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,245
    Thanks
    2,109
    Thanked 2,571 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Read the first few lines and was trying to figure out who the fuck is Andy Mc

  7. #119
    Blue Chip Prospect TBJ12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,015
    Thanks
    423
    Thanked 141 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Read the first few lines and was trying to figure out who the fuck is Andy Mc
    Really? Seems pretty obvious to me.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TBJ12 For This Useful Post:

    L54 (12-26-2016)

  9. #120
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,238
    Thanks
    12,079
    Thanked 4,754 Times in 3,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Read the first few lines and was trying to figure out who the fuck is Andy Mc
    took me a second until i looked up and saw the thread URL
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •