Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trade for Andrew McCutchen (NJH #7)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    You bring this type of thing up often when people throw guesses on the long-term value of a contract. I think you understand that there's no way of knowing how individual teams will account for their current spot on the win curve, or how they'll value 2020 wins relative to 2017 wins. Everyone else in the conversation understands that it's all back of napkin math: estimates with known unknowns that facilitate conversation. You pop in from time to time and snarkily point out what everyone knows: that this is all rough math for discussion purposes. You're very much the annoying pedant in a lecture that won't shut the fuck up about minutiae.
    Wow you've wasted a lot of time trying to tell me off.

Anyways I disagree. I asked a basic question... if he didn't take discounting into account it's fine, I was legitimately curious FFS.

If you were a little more accepting about different points of view and different interests, the forum might actually grow and attract new members. I'm interested in how some people come up with their ideas, so I ask (and sometimes play devil's advocate). I often laugh in your face because in general I think you're clueless, but normally I'm cordial to (most, not all) other posters.

Anyways that's my opinion. Maybe you should put me on ignore!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,872 Times in 4,905 Posts
    He's making the point that we're estimating that teams will be willing to pay $10.5M per 2020 win in 2019, but might not be willing to invest $10.5M per 2020 win in 2017. Given that everyone but RJF seems to understand that these discussions are based on rough models that represent our best guesses at how much value the team places on a win, and thus have very big error bars, it's not an interesting point to make. Yet another example of RJF trying to sound smart while actually coming across as an idiot and adding nothing relevant to the conversation. He'll complete the cycle next time he whines about the level of discourse on the forum while adding nothing but shit posts himself.
    Ok, thanks. I was just confused because I had no idea why that was even brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,872 Times in 4,905 Posts
    He's making the point that we're estimating that teams will be willing to pay $10.5M per 2020 win in 2019, but might not be willing to invest $10.5M per 2020 win in 2017. Given that everyone but RJF seems to understand that these discussions are based on rough models that represent our best guesses at how much value the team places on a win, and thus have very big error bars, it's not an interesting point to make. Yet another example of RJF trying to sound smart while actually coming across as an idiot and adding nothing relevant to the conversation. He'll complete the cycle next time he whines about the level of discourse on the forum while adding nothing but shit posts himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by reedjohnsonfan View Post
    Wow you've wasted a lot of time trying to tell me off.

Anyways I disagree. I asked a basic question... if he didn't take discounting into account it's fine, I was legitimately curious FFS.

If you were a little more accepting about different points of view and different interests, the forum might actually grow and attract new members. I'm interested in how some people come up with their ideas, so I ask (and sometimes play devil's advocate). I often laugh in your face because in general I think you're clueless, but normally I'm cordial to (most, not all) other posters.

Anyways that's my opinion. Maybe you should put me on ignore!
    lewl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,426 Times in 7,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy225 View Post
    From Ottawa obviously it is BTS.
    Nope. Not a Pompey kind of guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    All over the Internet I see sources that Jays are interested in Andy Mc but I do not see any source that says Jays is actually actively going after Andy Mc

The asking price for Andy Mc will be sky high.

No I do not want Jays to make Thor trade Version 2

Just because there is an expensive skilled player that does not mean that team is obligated to trade him to Jays or Jays must acquire that guy

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/812681164712509440?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw^

GM Neal Huntington recently said it was likely #Pirates would keep McCutchen. But #BlueJays are among several clubs with interest.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,447 Times in 2,288 Posts
    Read the first few lines and was trying to figure out who the fuck is Andy Mc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    Really? Seems pretty obvious to me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TBJ12 For This Useful Post:

L54 (12-26-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 3,444 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays4life19 View Post
    took me a second until i looked up and saw the thread URL
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

Banned
    Thanks
    Andrew McCutch

2014 OPS - .952
    2015 OPS - .889
    2016 OPS - .776
    2017 OPS - .670

Well Pirates might give McCutchen to Blue Jays away for free at the moment and then also offer a couple of top prospects in return for Blue Jays agreeing to take over McCutchen.

I will not be opposed to see Blue Jays acquiring McCutchen if Pirates agree to the following

- Jays will receive one prospect from the top 5 prospects of Pirates organization
    - Jays will receive one more prospect from the top 10 prospects of Pirates organization

( Kinda like Liriano trade ) Will Liriano be happy to see his old teammate?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyEvening19 View Post
    Andrew McCutch

2014 OPS - .952
    2015 OPS - .889
    2016 OPS - .776
    2017 OPS - .670

Well Pirates might give McCutchen to Blue Jays away for free at the moment and then also offer a couple of top prospects in return for Blue Jays agreeing to take over McCutchen.

I will not be opposed to see Blue Jays acquiring McCutchen if Pirates agree to the following

- Jays will receive one prospect from the top 5 prospects of Pirates organization
    - Jays will receive one more prospect from the top 10 prospects of Pirates organization

That's not going to happen.

Thanks
    Andrew McCutch

2014 OPS - .952
    2015 OPS - .889
    2016 OPS - .776
    2017 OPS - .670

They might want to dump his salary, but i don't see them also giving up top prospects. It's an interesting scenario, because he is a former MVP and I assume still popular with their fans. I wonder if they would rather trade him this season than have the potential bad PR from declining his 2018 team option. Because the way he is playing, very likely they would take a pass (assuming he doesn't turn it around).

Thanks
    Cutch following the V-Dub career path

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wk680 View Post
    They might want to dump his salary, but i don't see them also giving up top prospects. It's an interesting scenario, because he is a former MVP and I assume still popular with their fans. I wonder if they would rather trade him this season than have the potential bad PR from declining his 2018 team option. Because the way he is playing, very likely they would take a pass (assuming he doesn't turn it around).
    Thanks a lot for your reasonable response. Jays is the kind of a team which specialize in giving talented players a fresh start in a new environment. ( Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion, Marco Estrada )

If Pirates will give Jays 1 from their top 5 and 1 from their top 10, then Jays should seriously look into acquiring him.

Thanks
    Thanks a lot for your reasonable response. Jays is the kind of a team which specialize in giving talented players a fresh start in a new environment. ( Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion, Marco Estrada )

If Pirates will give Jays 1 from their top 5 and 1 from their top 10, then Jays should seriously look into acquiring him.
    I'd deal them Pillar easy if it meant Cutch, a Pirates top 5 and a Pirates top 10.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,566 Times in 4,783 Posts
    Cutch is elite again.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJH For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (07-05-2017),TheHurl (07-04-2017)