• PIT
    BAL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • DET
    HOU
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • BOS
    MIN
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • PHI
    NYY
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TB
    PIT
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • MIA
    STL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • ATL
    TOR
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYM
    WSH
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • SF
    CHC
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • LAD
    CWS
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • CLE
    CIN
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • TEX
    KC
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • CHC
    OAK
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • ARI
    COL
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • LAA
    MIL
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • SD
    SEA
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast
Results 1,089 to 1,104 of 1121

Thread: The Jose Bautista Thread

  1. #1089
    Blue Chip Prospect Rusty_Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    817
    Thanks
    316
    Thanked 165 Times in 127 Posts
    If they do sign him I hope it's more then a one year deal. A one year deal with a team option or something would be nice.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty_Savage For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-11-2017)

  3. #1090
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,557
    Thanks
    1,736
    Thanked 684 Times in 478 Posts
    Love the avatar

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P2F For This Useful Post:

    Pinkfloid (01-14-2017),Rusty_Savage (01-11-2017)

  5. #1091
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,036
    Thanks
    1,333
    Thanked 991 Times in 668 Posts
    Apparently the Indians are checking in on Jose. Could you imagine?

  6. #1092
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    912
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 432 Times in 239 Posts
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

  7. #1093
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,628
    Thanks
    681
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Indians OF sucks outside of Brantley and who knows how healthy he is. Since Cleveland already lost their 1st round pick Bautista at $17 Million makes a ton of sense, even more so when you consider the name value.

    Bautista signing probably sells a lot more tickets there.

    That being said if Cleveland signs him for $17 Million Shapiro/Atkins are in store for a shitstorm of epic proportions. Losing Edwin/Bautista to a low market team (where they came from) for peanuts while having Zeke and Upton on the roster would piss the fan base off to no end. Meanwhile if you sign Bautista back you probably get a nice boost of ticket sales

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to burlingtonbandit For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-14-2017)

  9. #1094
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,036
    Thanks
    1,333
    Thanked 991 Times in 668 Posts
    There would be torches...actual torches with casuals trying to light the dome on fire.
    Last edited by Brownie19; 01-15-2017 at 09:29 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-15-2017)

  11. #1095
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    2,267
    Thanks
    1,198
    Thanked 436 Times in 317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    There would be torches...actual torches with casual trying to light the dome on fire.
    If Bats signs with the Tribe, droves of conspiracy theorists will claim Shapiro is secretly helping his old team.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maahfaace For This Useful Post:

    Frenchsoup (01-15-2017),Spanky99 (01-15-2017)

  13. #1096
    MVP eastcoastjaysfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,139
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 1,792 Times in 1,128 Posts
    We are the red headed step child of Cleveland. Basketball, baseball. Jesus.
    "My name is Munenori Kawasaki, and I am from Japan"

  14. #1097
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,302
    Thanks
    34,192
    Thanked 6,564 Times in 5,075 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastjaysfan View Post
    We are the red headed step child of Cleveland. Basketball, baseball. Jesus.
    Jesus' from Cleveland?

  15. #1098
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,019
    Thanks
    1,722
    Thanked 5,282 Times in 3,176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Indians OF sucks outside of Brantley and who knows how healthy he is. Since Cleveland already lost their 1st round pick Bautista at $17 Million makes a ton of sense, even more so when you consider the name value.

    Bautista signing probably sells a lot more tickets there.

    That being said if Cleveland signs him for $17 Million Shapiro/Atkins are in store for a shitstorm of epic proportions. Losing Edwin/Bautista to a low market team (where they came from) for peanuts while having Zeke and Upton on the roster would piss the fan base off to no end. Meanwhile if you sign Bautista back you probably get a nice boost of ticket sales
    Losing Jose and Edwin?

    Jays aren't losing they both, Jays just want to move forward without they both. This team is old, and need young and good assets ASAP

  16. #1099
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    485
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 234 Times in 103 Posts
    Jays are losing both, no matter the semantics. If the new regime that allows a team that was twice a step away from the world series to drift off into irrelevance again because they want to get younger, they should be in a shitstorm. I know this board loves them and what they are doing, but the goal for any team is to make the playoffs, then the world series and hopefully win one. And so far their moves are less than impressive towards that goal.

  17. #1100
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,706
    Thanks
    591
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Bautista in Cleveland after the 'shaking in his boots' comments will be interesting.

    If Bautista can't get along with anyone on this team, imagine him and Bauer..
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  18. #1101
    All Star Frenchsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,013
    Thanks
    1,080
    Thanked 263 Times in 213 Posts
    Keep waiting Jose..make them come to you..

  19. #1102
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,628
    Thanks
    681
    Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Losing Jose and Edwin?

    Jays aren't losing they both, Jays just want to move forward without they both. This team is old, and need young and good assets ASAP
    Outside of Gurriel they haven't gotten any young assets this offseason. Bautista would be on a short term contract and is a big upgrade over whats out there in the market.

  20. #1103
    MVP intentional wok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,357
    Thanks
    2,047
    Thanked 2,825 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Outside of Gurriel they haven't gotten any young assets this offseason. Bautista would be on a short term contract and is a big upgrade over whats out there in the market.
    In fairness, they'd be turning EE and JB into first rounders for the June draft.

  21. #1104
    MVP Stangstag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,135
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leaffie View Post
    Jays are losing both, no matter the semantics. If the new regime that allows a team that was twice a step away from the world series to drift off into irrelevance again because they want to get younger, they should be in a shitstorm. I know this board loves them and what they are doing, but the goal for any team is to make the playoffs, then the world series and hopefully win one. And so far their moves are less than impressive towards that goal.
    Ugh. Please go post on the jays subreddit instead

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •