• NYY
    BAL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • WSH
    NYM
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    TB
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • BOS
    CHC
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • DET
    CWS
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • MIA
    PIT
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    SEA
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • TEX
    LAA
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • MIL
    ATL
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • HOU
    OAK
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • STL
    CIN
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • KC
    MIN
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • ARI
    COL
    Preview
    9:40 PM ET
  • LAD
    PHI
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • SF
    SD
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 1 of 71 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 1121

Thread: The Jose Bautista Thread

  1. #1
    All Star TwistedLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,728
    Thanks
    1,135
    Thanked 2,874 Times in 1,391 Posts

    The Jose Bautista Thread


    Gonna be honest, I really don't like this after the Pearce/Morales signings. Kinda smells like another full-time outfield gig for Jose. The only way I'd feel good about this is if Bautista somehow agreed to becoming the primary first baseman.


  2. #2
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,423
    Thanks
    1,849
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    Gonna be honest, I really don't like this after the Pearce/Morales signings. Kinda smells like another full-time outfield gig for Jose. The only way I'd feel good about this is if Bautista somehow agreed to becoming the primary first baseman.
    Why? Pearce is good at 1B, less so in the OF. Just take the good defense at 1B IMO by leaving Pearce there and throw Bautista in LF where his defense sucks but his bat will make up for it.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    spats (12-29-2016)

  4. #3
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,713
    Thanks
    3,219
    Thanked 11,563 Times in 6,895 Posts
    Would very much prefer Fowler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    Abomination (12-06-2016),THANOS (12-07-2016),TwistedLogic (12-06-2016)

  6. #4
    Moderator Governator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    10,272
    Thanks
    2,739
    Thanked 4,630 Times in 2,146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Would very much prefer Fowler.
    So would the Jays
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

  7. #5
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,423
    Thanks
    1,849
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Would very much prefer Fowler.
    What if Bautista signed a 2 year deal for similar AAV to Fowler at a 4 year deal?

  8. #6
    Big Leaguer bronson44's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    872
    Thanked 739 Times in 371 Posts
    lol

  9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bronson44 For This Useful Post:

    BlueJayWay (12-06-2016),Boxcar (12-07-2016),closetjaysfan (12-06-2016),G-Snarls (12-06-2016),GD (12-07-2016),Governator (12-06-2016),intentional wok (12-06-2016),Krylian (12-06-2016),Maahfaace (12-06-2016),Pinkfloid (12-06-2016),Spanky99 (12-06-2016),SweetSmellingChacin (12-07-2016),vdartanian (12-06-2016)

  10. #7
    All Star TwistedLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,728
    Thanks
    1,135
    Thanked 2,874 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Why? Pearce is good at 1B, less so in the OF. Just take the good defense at 1B IMO by leaving Pearce there and throw Bautista in LF where his defense sucks but his bat will make up for it.
    I agree on Pearce, which is why I'm perfectly content with Bautista walking for a draft pick. At this point, the team would have to be going out of their way to find Bautista a spot on the field, and with an aging team with several question marks still to fill, I don't think Jose is the answer.

    I'm still holding out hope that Shatkins pull out a miracle and somehow grab Fowler and one of Eaton/McCutchen.

  11. #8
    Moderator Governator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    10,272
    Thanks
    2,739
    Thanked 4,630 Times in 2,146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson44 View Post
    lol
    That's amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

  12. #9
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,423
    Thanks
    1,849
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    I agree on Pearce, which is why I'm perfectly content with Bautista walking for a draft pick. At this point, the team would have to be going out of their way to find Bautista a spot on the field, and with an aging team with several question marks still to fill, I don't think Jose is the answer.

    I'm still holding out hope that Shatkins pull out a miracle and somehow grab Fowler and one of Eaton/McCutchen.
    I get that part of your original post. I just didn't understand why you'd prefer to have Bautista make a position switch while Pearce plays his lesser position. I'd put Bautista in LF and Pearce at 1B.

  13. #10
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,713
    Thanks
    3,219
    Thanked 11,563 Times in 6,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    What if Bautista signed a 2 year deal for similar AAV to Fowler at a 4 year deal?
    I'd still prefer Fowler at 4/68 than Bautista at 2/34. I buy into Fowler's skill set, and think he'll be a good player for 3-4 years barring serious injury, and his particular skill set fits this team perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  14. #11
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,178
    Thanks
    536
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 759 Posts
    Jays have all the leverage. Bautista won't get any good offers due to compensation, his ego, and fans hatred.

    Offer him 2/30.

  15. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    If we re sign JB i assume we won't sign Fowler right?

  16. #13
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,713
    Thanks
    3,219
    Thanked 11,563 Times in 6,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson44 View Post
    lol
    holy fuck lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  17. #14
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,423
    Thanks
    1,849
    Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I'd still prefer Fowler at 4/68 than Bautista at 2/34. I buy into Fowler's skill set, and think he'll be a good player for 3-4 years barring serious injury, and his particular skill set fits this team perfectly.
    I hear ya. It's really close to me though. I think the projections would probably say it's close as well. I wouldn't be upset with either deal.

  18. #15
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shambles, Ontario
    Posts
    14,815
    Thanks
    5,718
    Thanked 9,884 Times in 5,851 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson44 View Post
    lol
    Orioles Hangout running the ship now

  19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (12-07-2016),fatcowxlive (12-07-2016),GD (12-07-2016),Gen.Disarray (12-07-2016),Governator (12-06-2016),Maahfaace (12-06-2016),Pinkfloid (12-06-2016),Spanky99 (12-06-2016),Terminator (12-06-2016),vdartanian (12-06-2016)

  20. #16
    All Star TwistedLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,728
    Thanks
    1,135
    Thanked 2,874 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I get that part of your original post. I just didn't understand why you'd prefer to have Bautista make a position switch while Pearce plays his lesser position. I'd put Bautista in LF and Pearce at 1B.
    I just wouldn't sign Jose Bautista, lol. If I was stuck with Bautista, I wouldn't put him in the outfield. If I absolutely had to play him in the outfield, it wouldn't be in right field, which is where he'll probably be playing if they sign him. That's what makes it such a non-ideal move for me. It's too much of a compromise defensively. None of this would be an issue if they hadn't signed Morales but they did and so now it's an issue.

    In the event that they do sign Bautista and they do decide to give him the majority of his reps in the outfield, they almost have to grab a Cutch/Eaton/Fowler to make up for it on the other side of the field. You can't roll with another Bautista/Saunders-like clown fiesta for another year. Please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •