Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 97 to 112 of 119

Thread: How could the Jays fit in EE?

  1. #97
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,242
    Thanks
    34,101
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 5,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Well Morales and Smoak are going to make 15M next year and the year after. For a little bit more we could have had Encarnacion. So yes, it's a bit of a blunder.
    Who are you replying that, too?

  2. #98
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    911
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 429 Times in 238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Who are you replying that, too?
    Basically replying to Eddie lol. I can see why he's upset tbh. It's not like we replaced him with Rizzo or something.

  3. #99
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,242
    Thanks
    34,101
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 5,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Basically replying to Eddie lol. I can see why he's upset tbh. It's not like we replaced him with Rizzo or something.
    I see, you had me baffled there.

  4. #100
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,722
    Thanks
    643
    Thanked 5,108 Times in 2,929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Oakland would be stupid to sign him considering they would also have to give up the 33rd overall pick. Their top 10 pick is protected.
    33rd pick is not that big of a deal. They have very little on the payroll and if their pitching works out the way they hope, they might compete. If it doesn't you deal EE for more pitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    KingKat (12-16-2016),Spanky99 (12-16-2016)

  6. #101
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,624
    Thanks
    681
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,371 Posts
    If you could choose to take over as GM for any franchise right now is Oakland your last pick? Everything about them just seems so meh.

  7. #102
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,242
    Thanks
    34,101
    Thanked 6,558 Times in 5,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    If you could choose to take over as GM for any franchise right now is Oakland your last pick? Everything about them just seems so meh.
    Houston.

  8. #103
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    850
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 58 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Well Morales and Smoak are going to make 15M next year and the year after. For a little bit more we could have had Encarnacion. So yes, it's a bit of a blunder.
    Yep, that's a good point, although they would still need roster players. That's probably why the Jays won't make it far next year, they wanted to just move on before waiting it out and they ended up with Plan B.

  9. #104
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,027
    Thanks
    1,328
    Thanked 983 Times in 664 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Houston.
    I think this joke went over my head.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-16-2016)

  11. #105
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,011
    Thanks
    13,255
    Thanked 5,445 Times in 3,489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    If you could choose to take over as GM for any franchise right now is Oakland your last pick? Everything about them just seems so meh.
    Tampa is a really bad situation. Weak market compounded by a horrible stadium situation. It's to that franchise's credit that they are not a perpetual doormat but they have the worst setup and no obvious path to improvement.
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

  12. #106
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,005
    Thanks
    1,760
    Thanked 6,839 Times in 4,253 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Tampa is a really bad situation. Weak market compounded by a horrible stadium situation. It's to that franchise's credit that they are not a perpetual doormat but they have the worst setup and no obvious path to improvement.
    They really need to move that franchise. Portland, Montreal, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Raleigh, whatever. Astros can be moved to the central and Tigers to the East if they need to accomodate a Western team.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

  13. #107
    MVP intentional wok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,324
    Thanks
    2,042
    Thanked 2,807 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    They really need to move that franchise. Portland, Montreal, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Raleigh, whatever. Astros can be moved to the central and Tigers to the East if they need to accomodate a Western team.
    Wasn't a big selling point for the new AL West the rivalry between the two Texas teams.

    Man, the three division thing is such a bummer for me. Let's just go back to AL and NL Easts and Wests. I'm tired of there being ~50% chance that a game I'm free to go to is going to be against an East team. Add a few more rivals into the mix! This was only the first year in half a decade when I didn't run into the Orioles live.

  14. #108
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,722
    Thanks
    643
    Thanked 5,108 Times in 2,929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    If you could choose to take over as GM for any franchise right now is Oakland your last pick? Everything about them just seems so meh.
    Philly because I hate the city....but also Atlanta as there is recent success history and the fan base has new stadium expectations. It's also one of the least saber friendly fanbases.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  15. #109
    All Star Sammy225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,452
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Philly because I hate the city....but also Atlanta as there is recent success history and the fan base has new stadium expectations. It's also one of the least saber friendly fanbases.
    I like Philly a lot more now because Amero is no longer their. He single handily crippled the franchise.

  16. #110
    Top 100 Prospect intrigid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 77 Times in 52 Posts
    Isn't the main justification of the unbalanced schedule to reduce travel?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to intrigid For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-17-2016)

  18. #111
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,624
    Thanks
    681
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Philly because I hate the city....but also Atlanta as there is recent success history and the fan base has new stadium expectations. It's also one of the least saber friendly fanbases.
    A lot of Oakland fans are really fuckin weird. Remember watching the game a few years ago and whenever they panned to the crowd they were doing some crazy shit.

  19. #112
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    828
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 166 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    Wasn't a big selling point for the new AL West the rivalry between the two Texas teams.

    Man, the three division thing is such a bummer for me. Let's just go back to AL and NL Easts and Wests. I'm tired of there being ~50% chance that a game I'm free to go to is going to be against an East team. Add a few more rivals into the mix! This was only the first year in half a decade when I didn't run into the Orioles live.
    This is a great idea, it's boring that nearly 50% of the 162 games are against the same 4 teams. More variety would surely help with selling tickets for most teams too.

    Travel in this day and age shouldn't be a major issue anymore, you could always have the schedule worked so that a team played a few series in a row against similar region based teams, North Eastern, California etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •