TOR 10
    Final
    6:35 PM ET
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: How could the Jays fit in EE?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,706 Times in 5,164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Well Morales and Smoak are going to make 15M next year and the year after. For a little bit more we could have had Encarnacion. So yes, it's a bit of a blunder.
    Who are you replying that, too?

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Who are you replying that, too?
    Basically replying to Eddie lol. I can see why he's upset tbh. It's not like we replaced him with Rizzo or something.

Thanks
    Basically replying to Eddie lol. I can see why he's upset tbh. It's not like we replaced him with Rizzo or something.
    I see, you had me baffled there.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,176 Times in 2,981 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Oakland would be stupid to sign him considering they would also have to give up the 33rd overall pick. Their top 10 pick is protected.
    33rd pick is not that big of a deal. They have very little on the payroll and if their pitching works out the way they hope, they might compete. If it doesn't you deal EE for more pitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

KingKat (12-16-2016),Spanky99 (12-16-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,384 Posts
    If you could choose to take over as GM for any franchise right now is Oakland your last pick? Everything about them just seems so meh.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    If you could choose to take over as GM for any franchise right now is Oakland your last pick? Everything about them just seems so meh.
    Houston.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Well Morales and Smoak are going to make 15M next year and the year after. For a little bit more we could have had Encarnacion. So yes, it's a bit of a blunder.
    Yep, that's a good point, although they would still need roster players. That's probably why the Jays won't make it far next year, they wanted to just move on before waiting it out and they ended up with Plan B.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,039 Times in 697 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Houston.
    I think this joke went over my head.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-16-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 Times in 3,565 Posts
    Tampa is a really bad situation. Weak market compounded by a horrible stadium situation. It's to that franchise's credit that they are not a perpetual doormat but they have the worst setup and no obvious path to improvement.
    "We don't have to plan for a rebuild. But all 30 teams have to stay agile, and have to understand that we're dealing with human beings, and these assets to organizations are human and change and evolve. I think what we've tried to do is become more flexible and agile, and to sustain championships is to build from within."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,059 Times in 4,391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    Tampa is a really bad situation. Weak market compounded by a horrible stadium situation. It's to that franchise's credit that they are not a perpetual doormat but they have the worst setup and no obvious path to improvement.
    They really need to move that franchise. Portland, Montreal, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Raleigh, whatever. Astros can be moved to the central and Tigers to the East if they need to accomodate a Western team.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    They really need to move that franchise. Portland, Montreal, Las Vegas, New Orleans, Raleigh, whatever. Astros can be moved to the central and Tigers to the East if they need to accomodate a Western team.
    Wasn't a big selling point for the new AL West the rivalry between the two Texas teams.

Man, the three division thing is such a bummer for me. Let's just go back to AL and NL Easts and Wests. I'm tired of there being ~50% chance that a game I'm free to go to is going to be against an East team. Add a few more rivals into the mix! This was only the first year in half a decade when I didn't run into the Orioles live.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,176 Times in 2,981 Posts
    Philly because I hate the city....but also Atlanta as there is recent success history and the fan base has new stadium expectations. It's also one of the least saber friendly fanbases.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,462 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Philly because I hate the city....but also Atlanta as there is recent success history and the fan base has new stadium expectations. It's also one of the least saber friendly fanbases.
    I like Philly a lot more now because Amero is no longer their. He single handily crippled the franchise.

Thanks
    Isn't the main justification of the unbalanced schedule to reduce travel?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to intrigid For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-17-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,384 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    A lot of Oakland fans are really fuckin weird. Remember watching the game a few years ago and whenever they panned to the crowd they were doing some crazy shit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    Wasn't a big selling point for the new AL West the rivalry between the two Texas teams.

Man, the three division thing is such a bummer for me. Let's just go back to AL and NL Easts and Wests. I'm tired of there being ~50% chance that a game I'm free to go to is going to be against an East team. Add a few more rivals into the mix! This was only the first year in half a decade when I didn't run into the Orioles live.
    This is a great idea, it's boring that nearly 50% of the 162 games are against the same 4 teams. More variety would surely help with selling tickets for most teams too.

Travel in this day and age shouldn't be a major issue anymore, you could always have the schedule worked so that a team played a few series in a row against similar region based teams, North Eastern, California etc.