• MIN
    BOS
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • WSH
    HOU
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • STL
    MIA
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • PHI
    PIT
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY
    TB
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • DET
    TOR
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    BAL
    Preview
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM
    ATL
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • CHC
    CIN
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • TEX
    LAD
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • MIL
    OAK
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CHC
    SD
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CWS
    SF
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CIN
    SEA
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • ARI
    CLE
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • SD
    COL
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAA
    KC
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 113 to 128 of 203

Thread: Outfield Options

  1. #113
    All Star Sammy225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,551
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Can't help but wonder how much Puig would cost. Would absolutely love to land him.
    I don't think there is anyway that he is a dodger come Spring is there? TBH i am still a little surprised he is still with them.

  2. #114
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,814
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Can't help but wonder how much Puig would cost. Would absolutely love to land him.
    Puig for Osuna and Smoak (who they can cut if they like). Who says no?

  3. #115
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,112
    Thanks
    3,135
    Thanked 11,259 Times in 6,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Puig for Osuna and Smoak (who they can cut if they like). Who says no?
    Probably Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  4. #116
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,098
    Thanks
    525
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Puig for Osuna and Smoak (who they can cut if they like). Who says no?
    Jays. Hard pass.

  5. #117
    All Star Sammy225's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,551
    Thanks
    300
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Puig for Osuna and Smoak (who they can cut if they like). Who says no?
    A lot of people in and around the Blue Jays and the organization

  6. #118
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,951
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 834 Times in 556 Posts
    Great fit and great salary over the next two years (Puig). No clue what the Dodgers would want though.

  7. #119
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,814
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Probably Toronto
    I think it would be an interesting trade. Puig has 3 years of control left, and is projected at 3 WAR next year (and the projection looks reasonable to me). The cost (after factoring in Smoak) would be ~4M / year plus the arbitration year. Whether Puig is a clubhouse cancer/distraction or not, I don't know. Add Moss and we'd be looking at about 12M left to add a few relievers and a backup catcher.

  8. #120
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,741
    Thanks
    1,669
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 932 Posts
    What about Biagini and prospects instead of Osuna?

  9. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    85
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    You mean the Jose Baustisa who posted 1.4 WAR in 517 PA's last year and the Luis Valbuena who posted 2.0 WAR in 342 PA's?
    All this WAR talk is making me sick. It's a bullshit new age stat that means nothing.

  10. #122
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,805
    Thanks
    1,840
    Thanked 761 Times in 535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveof85 View Post
    all this war talk is making me sick. It's a bullshit new age stat that means nothing.
    Lol!

    It's all-encompassing. It actually means everything.
    It's not perfect, but it's the best stat available to us to measure a player's contributions in all facets of the game.

    It's not the be-all/end-all, but, like any stat, it should be used with other stats to best gauge a player's value and output.

  11. #123
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    922
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 189 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I think it would be an interesting trade. Puig has 3 years of control left, and is projected at 3 WAR next year (and the projection looks reasonable to me). The cost (after factoring in Smoak) would be ~4M / year plus the arbitration year. Whether Puig is a clubhouse cancer/distraction or not, I don't know. Add Moss and we'd be looking at about 12M left to add a few relievers and a backup catcher.
    Puig is risky but has a lot of upside. I think we'd be crazy to give up Osuna (young, good, cheap, a position we need more not less of) for him, but if there was another way to trade for him then I'd be all for it.

  12. #124
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,814
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Lol!

    It's all-encompassing. It actually means everything.
    It's not perfect, but it's the best stat available to us to measure a player's contributions in all facets of the game.

    It's not the be-all/end-all, but, like any stat, it should be used with other stats to best gauge a player's value and output.
    Dude, come on. He's not even TRYING to disguise the trolling attempt.

  13. #125
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,805
    Thanks
    1,840
    Thanked 761 Times in 535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Dude, come on. He's not even TRYING to disguise the trolling attempt.
    I didn't think he was trolling. I assumed he was an old-school guy, based on previous posts. Meh...maybe I'm wrong.

  14. #126
    Blue Chip Prospect Rusty_Savage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    823
    Thanks
    320
    Thanked 165 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Driveof85 View Post
    All this WAR talk is making me sick. It's a bullshit new age stat that means nothing.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty_Savage For This Useful Post:

    Boxcar (12-13-2016)

  16. #127
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19,588
    Thanks
    1,832
    Thanked 7,048 Times in 4,381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Agreed. He'd be a great fit for what we need.
    I wonder if Sanchez would get it done. Think I'd do that fairly easily.

    E: oops, I forgot that Puig isn't super cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    STD is on fire tonight.

  17. #128
    All Star Frenchsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,025
    Thanks
    1,093
    Thanked 263 Times in 213 Posts
    Is Ben Revere free right now? I know the org has had a big swing and hates him apparently. But to me, he's still got some juice in those legs and contact and quality ab's are real. Plus the defense is really solid in LF/CF, route running be damned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •