Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 45

Thread: Jays turned down Stroman + for Blackmon

  1. #1
    MVP King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    13,928
    Thanks
    5,657
    Thanked 9,368 Times in 5,644 Posts

    Jays turned down Stroman + for Blackmon

    From yesterday, but didn't see discussed


    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/1...ng-lowrie.html
    The Blue Jays reportedly turned down the Rockies’ ask of Marcus Stroman as part of a deal for Charlie Blackmon earlier this winter, and that seems to have ended the Jays’ chance of landing the outfielder, MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm writes. “Talks quickly died” between the two clubs once Stroman wasn’t made available, and Chisholm doesn’t think Toronto has enough other trade chips to get Colorado’s interest.

  2. #2
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,204
    Thanks
    2,093
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,683 Posts
    lol good.

  3. #3
    MVP King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    North Korea
    Posts
    13,928
    Thanks
    5,657
    Thanked 9,368 Times in 5,644 Posts
    RotoWire News: Blackmon was part of an unsuccessful trade attempt when the Rockies tried to acquire right-handed pitcher Marcus Stroman from the Blue Jays, Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports. (12/8/2016)

    old news lol

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,612
    Thanks
    681
    Thanked 1,895 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Rockies are stupid to even ask for a trade like that..

  5. #5
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    823
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 161 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    From yesterday, but didn't see discussed


    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/1...ng-lowrie.html
    The Blue Jays reportedly turned down the Rockies’ ask of Marcus Stroman as part of a deal for Charlie Blackmon earlier this winter, and that seems to have ended the Jays’ chance of landing the outfielder, MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm writes. “Talks quickly died” between the two clubs once Stroman wasn’t made available, and Chisholm doesn’t think Toronto has enough other trade chips to get Colorado’s interest.
    This is old news man, it's referring to a tweet Terminator posted in the offseason roster thread from Jon Morosi and there was a 2 page discussion on whether it would be a good deal or not.


  6. #6
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    823
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 161 Times in 113 Posts
    Anyone would think you've been busy with family at some sort of annual celebration!

  7. #7
    All Star JFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,303
    Thanks
    823
    Thanked 343 Times in 271 Posts
    Rockies should be the ones adding.

  8. #8
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,023
    Thanks
    1,326
    Thanked 981 Times in 662 Posts
    The Rockies FO appears to be incredibly stupid.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,715
    Thanks
    642
    Thanked 5,101 Times in 2,926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    The Rockies FO appears to be incredibly stupid.
    For asking for a player which appears to be a clear win on their side???
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  10. #10
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,898
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 815 Times in 544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    For asking for a player which appears to be a clear win on their side???
    Well, they gave up the 11th pick in the 1st round so they could pay $70m to first baseman Ian Desmond.

    Incredibly stupid seems pretty accurate regardless.

  11. #11
    Big Leaguer baubau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,823
    Thanks
    1,513
    Thanked 950 Times in 554 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Well, they gave up the 11th pick in the 1st round so they could pay $70m to first baseman Ian Desmond.

    Incredibly stupid seems pretty accurate regardless.
    He's got you there Hurl. He. Got. YOU. THERE!!

    I don't know if its just dumb luck or if the Rockies are actually targeting Stroman/pitchers with high GB%.

  12. #12
    MVP Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Shambles
    Posts
    11,876
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baubau View Post
    He's got you there Hurl. He. Got. YOU. THERE!!

    I don't know if its just dumb luck or if the Rockies are actually targeting Stroman/pitchers with high GB%.
    Well they just signed Mike Dunn so I think they just like Stroman's swagger.

  13. #13
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,255
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 640 Times in 508 Posts
    Funny thing is that his away numbers are significantly better than home which rules out Coors Field Effect unlike Tulo

  14. #14
    Top 100 Prospect ChrisS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    573
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 87 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealAccountant View Post
    Funny thing is that his away numbers are significantly better than home which rules out Coors Field Effect unlike Tulo
    Only this past year were his numbers sig better away.

    I think Tulo takes too much criticism. Yes he is past his prime and will likely never be as good as before but he still provides good defense, leadership and bat.
    If you look at the exit speed and launch angle from balls he put in play in 2016 (fangraphs) his adjusted WRC+ is 124, up from 102. His BABIP was a career low last year. It looks like he had a bit of bad luck in 2016.

  15. #15
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,315
    Thanks
    2,177
    Thanked 6,030 Times in 3,800 Posts
    Rightly so

  16. #16
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,764
    Thanks
    3,076
    Thanked 11,116 Times in 6,671 Posts
    lmao @ Stroman + for Blackmon
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.



  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    NJH (12-27-2016),Orgfiller (12-27-2016)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •