• NYY 3
    OAK 2
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR 3
    TEX 1
    Final
    1:07 PM ET
  • CWS 3
    DET 0
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • CWS 3
    DET 4
    Final
    3:33 AM ET
  • MIN 5
    TB 3
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • PHI 4
    CIN 3
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • WSH 3
    SD 0
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • BOS 6
    SEA 0
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • MIL 6
    ARI 1
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • CLE 2
    KC 5
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • MIA 2
    LAA 5
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • HOU 5
    BAL 2
    Final
    7:15 PM ET
  • LAD 5
    CHC 0
    Final
    7:15 PM ET
  • PIT 4
    NYM 4
    In Progress
    Bottom 10th
  • COL 0
    STL 3
    In Progress
    Middle 5th
  • SF 2
    ATL 0
    In Progress
    Top 3rd
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 64 of 123

Thread: Aaron Sanchez is now being represented by Scott Boras

  1. #49
    Big Leaguer Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,091
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Saved me the time of looking up 24 old Stroman/Sanchez tweets by myself.
    Or you could have just let things lie, because you know Jimcanuck is just going to twist things until its his interpretation of him being "right". So your effort was futile.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

    King (01-04-2017)

  3. #50
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,286
    Thanks
    737
    Thanked 5,384 Times in 3,080 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Or you could have just let things lie, because you know Jimcanuck is just going to twist things until its his interpretation of him being "right". So your effort was futile.
    Futile tasks will make King stronger...and put some hair on his balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  4. #51
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33,518
    Thanks
    36,430
    Thanked 7,029 Times in 5,405 Posts
    Phillips on the Sanchize reunion with Boras...

    http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/video

  5. #52
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,286
    Thanks
    737
    Thanked 5,384 Times in 3,080 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Phillips on the Sanchize reunion with Boras...

    http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/video
    Steve Phillips talking out of his ass. If Sanchez pitched the way he did last year for 4 more years, he'd be getting a huge contract no matter who he has as an agent. I'd rather TSN have Burlington Bandit investigate why he left his previous agent in a non arbitration/non contract year, than have Steve Phillips speculate about value 4 years in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHurl For This Useful Post:

    L54 (01-05-2017)

  7. #53
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33,518
    Thanks
    36,430
    Thanked 7,029 Times in 5,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Steve Phillips talking out of his ass. If Sanchez pitched the way he did last year for 4 more years, he'd be getting a huge contract no matter who he has as an agent. I'd rather TSN have Burlington Bandit investigate why he left his previous agent in a non arbitration/non contract year, than have Steve Phillips speculate about value 4 years in the future.
    Yup, plenty of assumptions. As for the rest, lol.

  8. #54
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shambles, Ontario
    Posts
    15,047
    Thanks
    5,736
    Thanked 10,081 Times in 5,931 Posts

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to King For This Useful Post:

    HERPDERP (01-05-2017)

  10. #55
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,119
    Thanks
    640
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 1,141 Posts
    it is pretty suspect, no?

    Why unfollow him?

    Why the sudden drastic drop in posts about the two?

    Why the veiled twitter hashtags?

    Stroman be jelly
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  11. #56
    Blue Chip Prospect TBJ12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 161 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    it is pretty suspect, no?

    Why unfollow him?

    Why the sudden drastic drop in posts about the two?

    Why the veiled twitter hashtags?

    Stroman be jelly
    It's the offseason. Seems perfectly reasonable to take a break from the guys you spend 200 days a year with to me.

    Edit: Didn't notice he unfollowed him, that seems a bit odd.

  12. #57
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shambles, Ontario
    Posts
    15,047
    Thanks
    5,736
    Thanked 10,081 Times in 5,931 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBJ12 View Post
    It's the offseason. Seems perfectly reasonable to take a break from the guys you spend 200 days a year with to me.

    Edit: Didn't notice he unfollowed him, that seems a bit odd.
    Here's what someone said in that reddit thread

    It is really strange, I had a look at Stroman's Twitter mentions and it's a drastic change.

    From the time the Jays were eliminated by the Royals in 2015, to this date a year ago, Stroman tagged Sanchez exactly 50 times times, a lot of them being photos of various events that they attended together. This year? Stroman hasn't tagged Sanchez a single time since October 3rd, the end of the regular season.

    Edit: Furthermore, Stroman and Sanchez used to post a ton of pictures of them together, I can't find a single one of them together this offseason. And it's not like Stroman has stopped posting pictures. Instead Ive found pictures of Stroman with Machado, Betances, Fowler and Betts, Stroman with Russell Westbrook, Stroman with Donaldson, Stroman with Ortiz, Stroman with Fowler and Sabbathia, Stroman with Donaldson again, Stroman with Goins, and Stroman with Bautista, as well as a whole bunch more of Srroman with his friends.
    Additionally towards the end of the season, Stroman posted pictures of Donaldson wearing HDMH apparel, as well as Pillar and Travis, but again nothing with Sanchez.

    For two guys who were supposedly "best friends" they do seem pretty distant.

  13. #58
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,286
    Thanks
    737
    Thanked 5,384 Times in 3,080 Posts
    So what you are all saying is that Sanchez brought on Boras to be the bad guy for when he requests a trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  14. #59
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,331
    Thanks
    12,054
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 3,438 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    it is pretty suspect, no?

    Why unfollow him?

    Why the sudden drastic drop in posts about the two?

    Why the veiled twitter hashtags?

    Stroman be jelly
    Like to an extent sure but also, important point?

    Whoooooooooo

    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefsssssssss

    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    Fawwwwwwwwwwwwwk?
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GD For This Useful Post:

    BlueJayWay (01-05-2017),jays4life19 (01-05-2017),SirBJay (01-05-2017),Spanky99 (01-05-2017),TBJ12 (01-05-2017)

  16. #60
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    4,364
    Thanks
    599
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 906 Posts
    Oh the drama!!

    We need some real baseball news ffs.

  17. #61
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,327
    Thanks
    1,131
    Thanked 8,161 Times in 4,561 Posts
    wowwwwwwww this Stroman Sanchez stuff is a real story

    write about it on facebook guys

    the world needs to know

    *extremely fart face*

  18. #62
    MVP Stangstag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,327
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Here's what someone said in that reddit thread

    It is really strange, I had a look at Stroman's Twitter mentions and it's a drastic change.

    From the time the Jays were eliminated by the Royals in 2015, to this date a year ago, Stroman tagged Sanchez exactly 50 times times, a lot of them being photos of various events that they attended together. This year? Stroman hasn't tagged Sanchez a single time since October 3rd, the end of the regular season.

    Edit: Furthermore, Stroman and Sanchez used to post a ton of pictures of them together, I can't find a single one of them together this offseason. And it's not like Stroman has stopped posting pictures. Instead Ive found pictures of Stroman with Machado, Betances, Fowler and Betts, Stroman with Russell Westbrook, Stroman with Donaldson, Stroman with Ortiz, Stroman with Fowler and Sabbathia, Stroman with Donaldson again, Stroman with Goins, and Stroman with Bautista, as well as a whole bunch more of Srroman with his friends.
    Additionally towards the end of the season, Stroman posted pictures of Donaldson wearing HDMH apparel, as well as Pillar and Travis, but again nothing with Sanchez.

    For two guys who were supposedly "best friends" they do seem pretty distant.
    Obviously just speculation on my part, but that Oct. 3rd date is VERY suspicious. Could it be that there was some sort of argument about who would start the wildcard game? Did Stroman throw a hissy fit and demand to start the game?

  19. #63
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shambles, Ontario
    Posts
    15,047
    Thanks
    5,736
    Thanked 10,081 Times in 5,931 Posts
    Wow!

  20. #64
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,599
    Thanks
    876
    Thanked 870 Times in 494 Posts
    I can't believe it took all that time for Sanchez to finally make his first short joke.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    BlueJayWay (01-05-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •