Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big League - Gauging interest in a new keeper

Thanks
    Thanked 7,882 Times in 4,914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    interest seems tepid at best
    relegation is a dumb idea especially in a keeper league. Dunno why you have to overcomplicate this, we know you're sad you decided to not join BORED, just make it a simple league, decide who would be good fits, and make it happen. A lot of people probably want to co-own anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Without relegation, this pretty much seems just like BORED. Now, if we really made it the best of the best, and expanded it to other Blue Jay communities, that would be super cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    relegation is a dumb idea especially in a keeper league. Dunno why you have to overcomplicate this, we know you're sad you decided to not join BORED, just make it a simple league, decide who would be good fits, and make it happen. A lot of people probably want to co-own anyway.
    If he's sad he couldn't join BORED I'd be willing to bring him on board as a special adviser.
    RIP North49

Thanks
    Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Without relegation, this pretty much seems just like BORED. Now, if we really made it the best of the best, and expanded it to other Blue Jay communities, that would be super cool.
    The 4 team relegation makes it interesting. But would the 4 teams coming in have their own little mini draft from the teams departing? Or would they just get the first some many picks of the start of the year draft?
    RIP North49

Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 961 Posts
    I can just give NJH my BORED team so he's not bored anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,572 Times in 4,787 Posts
    It's supposed to be a gauntlet of the board dynasty leagues' best talent. Relegation has to be there or else it's just an auction keeper. Promotion from the dynasty leagues would also be a pretty cool prize for winning them.

There would be so few keepers that any team could easily go from worst to first after taking over a bad team. 80% of the roster would come from the yearly auction. It can even be as few as 4 or 2 keepers if that works better.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,459 Times in 2,296 Posts
    Wasn't BORED suppose to be the "elite" board league. You know, the league where David Jacob was a top MILB pick.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    It's supposed to be a gauntlet of the board dynasty leagues' best talent. Relegation has to be there or else it's just an auction keeper. Promotion from the dynasty leagues would also be a pretty cool prize for winning them.

There would be so few keepers that any team could easily go from worst to first after taking over a bad team. 80% of the roster would come from the yearly auction. It can even be as few as 4 or 2 keepers if that works better.
    as long as there's a clear way of selecting people to take over, that's fine. not sure how you do that, though.
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    as long as there's a clear way of selecting people to take over, that's fine. not sure how you do that, though.
    Relegated teams would be replaced by the most successful team from their respective representative dynasty league in the previous season not already in the Big League.

Thanks
    Relegated teams would be replaced by the most successful team from their respective representative dynasty league in the previous season not already in the Big League.
    What if that person is in multiple leagues?

Thanks
    What if that person is in multiple leagues?
    Owners can only represent one dynasty league at a time in the Big League. If someone is already in the Big League, the nomination would move to the next most successful guy in the prior season.

In the initial phase of putting the best-of-the-best in the league, if someone is nominated by multiple leagues they have to choose to represent only one of them.

Thanks
    Put me down as interested. I wouldn't be heartbroken if I don't make the cut, though.

Thanks
    The way the initial league would be set up is - each dynasty (DDL, LoD, BBDL, BORED) would nominate their best and strongest owners, and I would ask those owners to participate. If any of them decline, the spot gets offered to the next-best as nominated by that league. 4 owners get in per league.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NJH For This Useful Post:

P2F (01-04-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 1,161 Posts
    In theory, at least, it's a great idea. I would like to see this thing happen.

Thanks
    Currently don't have a redraft league which I do miss a bit, seems like this could be a happy medium, I'd have an interest, but if you have 16 other owners that are more passionate than me, I'm happy to defer.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,722 Times in 4,233 Posts
    The way the initial league would be set up is - each dynasty (DDL, LoD, BBDL, BORED) would nominate their best and strongest owners, and I would ask those owners to participate. If any of them decline, the spot gets offered to the next-best as nominated by that league. 4 owners get in per league.
    So Connorp gets 2 teams?