• DET 0
    MIN 3
    In Progress
    Bottom 4th
  • TOR 1
    NYY 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 1st
  • CIN 0
    BOS 0
    In Progress
    Middle 1st
  • NYM 0
    WSH 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 1st
  • ATL 0
    PHI 0
    Pre-Game
    1:35 PM ET
  • PIT 0
    STL 0
    Warmup
    1:35 PM ET
  • BAL 0
    TB 0
    Pre-Game
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL 0
    CHC 0
    Pre-Game
    2:10 PM ET
  • CWS 0
    KC 0
    Pre-Game
    2:10 PM ET
  • OAK
    TEX
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA
    CLE
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • ARI
    MIA
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    SF
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • SD
    COL
    Preview
    4:40 PM ET
  • HOU
    LAA
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 855

Thread: The Big League - Gauging interest in a new keeper

  1. #17
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,506
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 7,714 Times in 4,810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    interest seems tepid at best
    relegation is a dumb idea especially in a keeper league. Dunno why you have to overcomplicate this, we know you're sad you decided to not join BORED, just make it a simple league, decide who would be good fits, and make it happen. A lot of people probably want to co-own anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  2. #18
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,416
    Thanks
    289
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Without relegation, this pretty much seems just like BORED. Now, if we really made it the best of the best, and expanded it to other Blue Jay communities, that would be super cool.

  3. #19
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,427
    Thanks
    1,643
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    relegation is a dumb idea especially in a keeper league. Dunno why you have to overcomplicate this, we know you're sad you decided to not join BORED, just make it a simple league, decide who would be good fits, and make it happen. A lot of people probably want to co-own anyway.
    If he's sad he couldn't join BORED I'd be willing to bring him on board as a special adviser.
    RIP North49

  4. #20
    MVP The Cats Ass's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sable Island
    Posts
    7,427
    Thanks
    1,643
    Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGreenwood View Post
    Without relegation, this pretty much seems just like BORED. Now, if we really made it the best of the best, and expanded it to other Blue Jay communities, that would be super cool.
    The 4 team relegation makes it interesting. But would the 4 teams coming in have their own little mini draft from the teams departing? Or would they just get the first some many picks of the start of the year draft?
    RIP North49

  5. #21
    All Star Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,105
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 961 Posts
    I can just give NJH my BORED team so he's not bored anymore.

  6. #22
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,951
    Thanks
    1,172
    Thanked 8,546 Times in 4,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    relegation is a dumb idea especially in a keeper league. Dunno why you have to overcomplicate this, we know you're sad you decided to not join BORED, just make it a simple league, decide who would be good fits, and make it happen. A lot of people probably want to co-own anyway.
    It's supposed to be a gauntlet of the board dynasty leagues' best talent. Relegation has to be there or else it's just an auction keeper. Promotion from the dynasty leagues would also be a pretty cool prize for winning them.

    There would be so few keepers that any team could easily go from worst to first after taking over a bad team. 80% of the roster would come from the yearly auction. It can even be as few as 4 or 2 keepers if that works better.

  7. #23
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,295
    Thanks
    2,792
    Thanked 3,276 Times in 2,174 Posts
    Wasn't BORED suppose to be the "elite" board league. You know, the league where David Jacob was a top MILB pick.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-04-2017)

  9. #24
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,506
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 7,714 Times in 4,810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    It's supposed to be a gauntlet of the board dynasty leagues' best talent. Relegation has to be there or else it's just an auction keeper. Promotion from the dynasty leagues would also be a pretty cool prize for winning them.

    There would be so few keepers that any team could easily go from worst to first after taking over a bad team. 80% of the roster would come from the yearly auction. It can even be as few as 4 or 2 keepers if that works better.
    as long as there's a clear way of selecting people to take over, that's fine. not sure how you do that, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  10. #25
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,951
    Thanks
    1,172
    Thanked 8,546 Times in 4,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    as long as there's a clear way of selecting people to take over, that's fine. not sure how you do that, though.
    Relegated teams would be replaced by the most successful team from their respective representative dynasty league in the previous season not already in the Big League.

  11. #26
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,506
    Thanks
    2,030
    Thanked 7,714 Times in 4,810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Relegated teams would be replaced by the most successful team from their respective representative dynasty league in the previous season not already in the Big League.
    What if that person is in multiple leagues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  12. #27
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,951
    Thanks
    1,172
    Thanked 8,546 Times in 4,766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    What if that person is in multiple leagues?
    Owners can only represent one dynasty league at a time in the Big League. If someone is already in the Big League, the nomination would move to the next most successful guy in the prior season.

    In the initial phase of putting the best-of-the-best in the league, if someone is nominated by multiple leagues they have to choose to represent only one of them.

  13. #28
    DONOR JG34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Stratford, ON
    Posts
    915
    Thanks
    244
    Thanked 254 Times in 200 Posts
    Put me down as interested. I wouldn't be heartbroken if I don't make the cut, though.

  14. #29
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,951
    Thanks
    1,172
    Thanked 8,546 Times in 4,766 Posts
    The way the initial league would be set up is - each dynasty (DDL, LoD, BBDL, BORED) would nominate their best and strongest owners, and I would ask those owners to participate. If any of them decline, the spot gets offered to the next-best as nominated by that league. 4 owners get in per league.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to NJH For This Useful Post:

    P2F (01-04-2017)

  16. #30
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    4,675
    Thanks
    2,772
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,023 Posts
    In theory, at least, it's a great idea. I would like to see this thing happen.

  17. #31
    DONOR vdartanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,037
    Thanks
    588
    Thanked 446 Times in 283 Posts
    Currently don't have a redraft league which I do miss a bit, seems like this could be a happy medium, I'd have an interest, but if you have 16 other owners that are more passionate than me, I'm happy to defer.

  18. #32
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,467
    Thanks
    2,421
    Thanked 6,604 Times in 4,156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    The way the initial league would be set up is - each dynasty (DDL, LoD, BBDL, BORED) would nominate their best and strongest owners, and I would ask those owners to participate. If any of them decline, the spot gets offered to the next-best as nominated by that league. 4 owners get in per league.
    So Connorp gets 2 teams?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •