NYM
    Preview
    9:10 PM ET
Page 177 of 333 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,817 to 2,832 of 5313

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Holy fuck, Bryce Harper is a monster. We need one of him.
    But their BP is a mess. I wonder what the Jays could get from them for Osuna?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 886 Posts
    Cesar Hernandez is good at beisbol.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,727 Posts
    Holy fuck, Bryce Harper is a monster. We need one of him.
    We do have one of him. His name is Josh Donaldson.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 4,707 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    We do have one of him. His name is Josh Donaldson.
    Come on bruh
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Come on bruh
    Am I wrong? They both become free agents at the same time and they're about the same talent level (JD actually projects for more WAR than Harper this season while beating him in the last two years combined).
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Am I wrong? They both become free agents at the same time and they're about the same talent level (JD actually projects for more WAR than Harper this season while beating him in the last two years combined).
    Harper is way younger, so that give him the edge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wk680 View Post
    Harper is way younger, so that give him the edge.
    Sure, he has the bigger upside with him being younger and JD being in his decline years. Still, team control would be the same and like I said, they're about the same talent level with Donaldson projecting better for this season. So it's pretty much even in the end.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Sure, he has the bigger upside with him being younger and JD being in his decline years. Still, team control would be the same and like I said, they're about the same talent level with Donaldson projecting better for this season. So it's pretty much even in the end.
    How is that even in the end? You can sign Harper for 7-10 years and be pretty confident that he's going to perform at an elite level for most of those years due to his age (notwithstanding injuries). By the time Donaldson becomes a free agent his MVP days will be well behind him and he'll already be in decline, thus signing him on a long term deal will prove to be much less forgiving.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metafour View Post
    How is that even in the end? You can sign Harper for 7-10 years and be pretty confident that he's going to perform at an elite level for most of those years due to his age (notwithstanding injuries). By the time Donaldson becomes a free agent his MVP days will be well behind him and he'll already be in decline, thus signing him on a long term deal will prove to be much less forgiving.
    The age gap is huge. Donaldson turns 32 this Dec., while Harper will only turn 25 this Oct. Yes Harper can possibly get an 8-10 year mega-contract similar to Stanton.

So the question is what do you do with Donaldson if you are Jays FO? Do you make a push to sign him for 4-5 years at $25-30M per before start of 2018 season? This would be for his age 32-35/36 seasons. Maybe he sees what happened to EE (and JB) and decides to take this generous offer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metafour View Post
    You can sign Harper for 7-10 years at a price tag of $400 million, which I'm pretty sure the Blue Jays would not offer. So in the end, you'll likely end up losing either player since Donaldson won't be come cheap either. So, as far as having a monster in the level of Bryce Harper for two seasons, the Blue Jays have him in Josh Donaldson. I think it's pretty self explanatory, I don't believe I'm way off base here.

Josh Donaldson might be the best positional player to have ever put on a Blue Jays uniform, he's still only 31 years of age. Am I saying he's probably more valuable than Bryce Harper will be over the next 10 seasons? No. Are they currently at roughly the same level of talent, and we should expect this to continue until they both reach free agency? Yes, under reasonable expectations this should be the case.

Thanks
    Oh boy, I can feel the hate coming for one of the statements I just made in the post above.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,556 Times in 4,707 Posts
    Your the most dumn evar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Your the most dumn evar
    Despite Harper's gaudy 2015, Donaldson was still more valuable in 2015-2016, by over 3 wins!

Your dumnerer

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (04-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,928 Times in 7,128 Posts
    I wonder how long the Dodgers can wait on Cody Bellinger? He had a 195 wRC+ before today and went 2 for 3 with a walk and his 3rd homer. A-Gon has to hear the footsteps.
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 886 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I wonder how long the Dodgers can wait on Cody Bellinger? He had a 195 wRC+ before today and went 2 for 3 with a walk and his 3rd homer. A-Gon has to hear the footsteps.
    Weird. I was posting about Bellinger at the same time, but it just took me a few minutes to gather and calculate all of his stats to include today's game.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    He'll have to wait for an injury.. or when the Dodgers dangle him for pitching that won't break down frequently--Rich Hill just went down today with a blister. Not helping is that Maeda and Ryu are struggling...