• NYY
    OAK
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    TEX
    Preview
    1:07 PM ET
  • CLE
    KC
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIA
    LAA
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • PHI
    CIN
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • WSH
    SD
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • BOS
    SEA
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL
    ARI
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • HOU
    BAL
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • CWS
    DET
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • MIN
    TB
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • COL
    STL
    Preview
    3:10 PM ET
  • SF
    ATL
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • LAD
    CHC
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • PIT
    NYM
    Preview
    8:00 PM ET
Page 178 of 240 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,833 to 2,848 of 3826

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

  1. #2833
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,546
    Thanks
    3,119
    Thanked 3,997 Times in 2,542 Posts
    Holy shit, this is a perfectly executed relay. Simply fantastic.

    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1293254983/n...d=clubMEGAMENU
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

    Pinkfloid (04-16-2017)

  3. #2834
    MVP jaysfan2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,663
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 401 Times in 323 Posts
    Watching the Cardinals/Yanks game, it's like watching the Blue Jays.. Cards are as inept offensively as Toronto, and it's worse as it's combined with awful pitching...

  4. #2835
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,592
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 774 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Holy shit, this is a perfectly executed relay. Simply fantastic.

    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1293254983/n...d=clubMEGAMENU
    If you wanna see a brutal review - check out the Aaron Judge HR they just blew

  5. #2836
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,455
    Thanks
    1,912
    Thanked 7,319 Times in 4,561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    If you wanna see a brutal review - check out the Aaron Judge HR they just blew
    That was ridiculous. The guy just tried to catch a ball hit right at him, didn't reach over. It was CLEARLY a home run. I'm the first guy to criticise stupid fans chasing balls like magpies but I don't feel like that guy did anything wrong. Those umps have to be fucking blind.

    But it's all good because Greg Bird saved the day. He absolutely destroyed that ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (04-16-2017)

  7. #2837
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,592
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 774 Posts
    Good God. Feels like Yadi cock is being shoved down my throat right now. Gag

  8. #2838
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,455
    Thanks
    1,912
    Thanked 7,319 Times in 4,561 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Good God. Feels like Yadi cock is being shoved down my throat right now. Gag
    This is every Cardinals game ever. According to these people, Yadier Molina is some kind of deity rather than an average catcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  9. #2839
    MVP jaysfan2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,663
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 401 Times in 323 Posts
    It's scary to think the Yankees could once again be the dominant team in the AL East in 2018 and beyond with all their prospects and money coming off the books, as the O's, Blue Jays and Red Sox will begin to decline (O's because Machado leaves after 2018, likely headed to the Yankees possibly or somewhere else, Red Sox because Dombrowski mortgaged the team's future and have few prospects above A/AA ball plus pitching questions right now after Sale, and the Jays you're seeing firsthand now.)

    However, the Yanks need to replenish that pitching staff.. especially considering Pineda, Tanaka and Sabathia all leave after this season.

  10. #2840
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,592
    Thanks
    1,507
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 774 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan2014 View Post
    It's scary to think the Yankees could once again be the dominant team in the AL East in 2018 and beyond with all their prospects and money coming off the books, as the O's, Blue Jays and Red Sox will begin to decline (O's because Machado leaves after 2018, likely headed to the Yankees possibly or somewhere else, Red Sox because Dombrowski mortgaged the team's future and have few prospects above A/AA ball plus pitching questions right now after Sale, and the Jays you're seeing firsthand now.)

    However, the Yanks need to replenish that pitching staff.. especially considering Pineda, Tanaka and Sabathia all leave after this season.
    I agree. The yanks are going to be really good again really soon. Who's to say they won't resign pineda and/or tanaka?

  11. #2841
    MVP jaysfan2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,663
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 401 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    I agree. The yanks are going to be really good again really soon. Who's to say they won't resign pineda and/or tanaka?
    Pineda has the best chance at the moment.. Tanaka will depend on whether his elbow holds up, as his current numbers aren't impressive. Sabathia will likely retire unless he has a big season in NY with lesser stuff...not convinced on his 1st 3 starts so far.

  12. #2842
    Blue Chip Prospect BlueJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    893
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 79 Times in 49 Posts
    Damn. Yankees still doing well even though they have a mediocre team

  13. #2843
    MVP jaysfan2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,663
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 401 Times in 323 Posts
    Should also mention that the reason I didn't mention Tampa is due to money concerns--otherwise, they'd be on the same upswing as the Yankees, as they have some good prospects with Casey Gillaspie, Willy Adames, Daniel Robertson (who's already in the majors), and a lot of pitching prospects.

    The concern is that they will not be able to afford to keep the current pitching staff together.. with Odorizzi likely to be dealt next, as his salary escalates, and Cobb's a free agent after this season. Only Archer is likely to stay a few more years (he's on a very team friendly deal.) And of course, if the team's not in contention, Longoria is going to be dealt sooner or later--likely next offseason, as his 10/5 rights approach, which would make it impossible for Tampa to trade him.

  14. #2844
    MVP jaysfan2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,663
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 401 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJays View Post
    Damn. Yankees still doing well even though they have a mediocre team
    That and the Cardinals are as inept as the Jays right now--possibly even worse than Toronto. Mike Matheny's seat must be heating up as we speak.. he's a high risk to be one of the first managers fired this year.

    Next to Matheny, the next most likely ones include

    Jeff Banister (Rangers)
    Kevin Cash (Rays)--if they don't contend this year
    Brook Jacoby (Jays hitting coach)--Gibbons is not going anywhere for 2 years.. but I don't see the hitting coach making it through the month.
    Brad Ausmus (Tigers)--despite being 8-4, the bullpen is ghastly awful..
    Ned Yost (Royals)
    Mike Sciosia (Angels)--it's time for change in LA. 17 years and only 1 playoff appearance since 2009 shows new leadership is needed.
    Bryan Price (Reds)

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to jaysfan2014 For This Useful Post:

    Pinkfloid (04-16-2017)

  16. #2845
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    358
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 82 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan2014 View Post
    He'll have to wait for an injury.. or when the Dodgers dangle him for pitching that won't break down frequently--Rich Hill just went down today with a blister. Not helping is that Maeda and Ryu are struggling...
    Wonder if we can convince the Dodgers to give us Bellinger for Estrada. That would be nice.

  17. #2846
    ECJF Level GD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,331
    Thanks
    12,054
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 3,438 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Wonder if we can convince the Dodgers to give us Bellinger for Estrada. That would be nice.
    Lol, no
    Quote Originally Posted by o2cui2i View Post
    climate change (lol)

  18. #2847
    All Star jays_fever's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,402
    Thanks
    230
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GD View Post
    Lol, no
    Estrada would be perfect for them.

    Diaz or Callhoun and a C+ prospect seems pretty fair
    #FireCasey

  19. #2848
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    3,319
    Thanks
    2,160
    Thanked 925 Times in 649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jays_fever View Post
    Estrada would be perfect for them.

    Diaz or Callhoun and a C+ prospect seems pretty fair
    Ew.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •