Page 520 of 523 FirstFirst ... 20420470510518519520521522 ... LastLast
Results 8,305 to 8,320 of 8354

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

  1. #8305
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,439
    Thanks
    3,556
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,950 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I know Wade Davis is awesome, but the Rockies are paying him 17.3M per year AND forfeit their 2nd round pick in the draft. This does not seem wise.
    I hadn't even considered the qualifying offer that Davis had attached to him. Makes the deal even more egregious.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  2. #8306
    Hall of Famer Orgfiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,439
    Thanks
    3,556
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,950 Posts
    Meanwhile the Cubs will be paying Brandon Morrow 2/21, and he's probably way better than Wade Davis is at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

  3. #8307
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,906
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 995 Times in 755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Meanwhile the Cubs will be paying Brandon Morrow 2/21, and he's probably way better than Wade Davis is at this point.
    Yes, by far, if healthy. Big IF. One of the reasons i just moved him in BORED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  4. #8308
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,906
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 995 Times in 755 Posts
    ZIPS just threw down a Roberto Clemente comp on Avi Garcia.

    And Delino DeShields on Yoan Moncada, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  5. #8309
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    40,083
    Thanks
    41,770
    Thanked 8,066 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I know Wade Davis is awesome, but the Rockies are paying him 17.3M per year AND forfeit their 2nd round pick in the draft. This does not seem wise.
    2nd/4th and 1 million against the IFA budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    Boxcar
    Bitch on xanax causing ass rashes

  6. #8310
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,030
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 442 Times in 306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    2nd/4th and 1 million against the IFA budget.
    I'm pretty sure they lose their third highest selection in the draft and no dollars against the IFA budget. Colorado wasn't a luxury tax team last year. I could be wrong about this.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to saskjayfan For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-30-2017)

  8. #8311
    Hall of Famer Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    14,404
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,303 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Duda could beast in Colorado for a couple years.
    You can say the same about every player who hits deep fly balls in Colorado lol.

  9. #8312
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,979
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked 2,714 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjayfan View Post
    I'm pretty sure they lose their third highest selection in the draft and no dollars against the IFA budget. Colorado wasn't a luxury tax team last year. I could be wrong about this.
    Their 3rd highest selection is their 2nd round pick.

  10. #8313
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,030
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 442 Times in 306 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Their 3rd highest selection is their 2nd round pick.
    yes, having looked it up I know it is their 2nd round pick. Off memory I wasn't sure if they were a competitive balance A or B team so I said 3rd highest pick. The point was they don't lose 2 picks and money against the IFA market.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to saskjayfan For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-30-2017)

  12. #8314
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,008
    Thanks
    250
    Thanked 185 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Yes, by far, if healthy. Big IF. One of the reasons i just moved him in BORED.
    No doubt. Dodgers used and abused that arm in the playoffs.

  13. #8315
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,906
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 995 Times in 755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballsss View Post
    No doubt. Dodgers used and abused that arm in the playoffs.
    The guy is a No. 1 or 2 starter if healthy, let alone a high leverage reliever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  14. #8316
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,636
    Thanks
    1,823
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    The guy is a No. 1 or 2 starter if healthy, let alone a high leverage reliever.


    is it still too late to vote?

  15. #8317
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,636
    Thanks
    1,823
    Thanked 1,509 Times in 989 Posts
    re: potential Machado trade....."The Cubs purportedly offered a package of Addison Russell, Albert Almora and Mike Montgomery but were rebuffed."

    That seems like a pretty good offer for an expiring contract.

  16. #8318
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    4,798
    Thanks
    678
    Thanked 1,613 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    The guy is a No. 1 or 2 starter if healthy, let alone a high leverage reliever.
    Wat? Jimbo you've had one too many this Christmas season.

  17. #8319
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,906
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 995 Times in 755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    Wat? Jimbo you've had one too many this Christmas season.
    Nah. A stretched out Morrow is a no. 1 or 2 starter on many teams. He'd be back on the DL by mid season or earlier though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

  18. #8320
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,979
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked 2,714 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    re: potential Machado trade....."The Cubs purportedly offered a package of Addison Russell, Albert Almora and Mike Montgomery but were rebuffed."

    That seems like a pretty good offer for an expiring contract.
    It wouldn't matter. As soon as they made the trade, their doctors would find some phantom injury somewhere and cancel it anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •