• HOU 8
    MIN 4
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • PHI 3
    NYY 7
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • STL 6
    WSH 1
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR 5
    DET 4
    Final
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM 9
    MIA 15
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • CWS 3
    OAK 5
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • KC 6
    SD 2
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • MIL 4
    SF 6
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • COL 10
    CLE 2
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • SEA 8
    LAA 9
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAA 4
    TEX 7
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • BAL 4
    TB 4
    In Progress
    Bottom 7th
  • CIN 0
    CHC 0
    Pre-Game
    9:05 PM ET
Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,969 to 1,982 of 1982

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

  1. #1969
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    16,721
    Thanks
    2,224
    Thanked 6,111 Times in 3,850 Posts
    Carter can cruise on over to KBO! The Bird is the word.

  2. #1970
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,126
    Thanks
    1,371
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 695 Posts
    I hate to say this, but the Yanks future looks super promising.

  3. #1971
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,986
    Thanks
    34,776
    Thanked 6,679 Times in 5,144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    I hate to say this, but the Yanks future looks super promising.
    You just figure this out now...

  4. #1972
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    14,489
    Thanks
    1,068
    Thanked 7,686 Times in 4,321 Posts
    Prospects will break your heart, Yankee fans.

  5. #1973
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    934
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 436 Times in 242 Posts
    SS Torres
    RF Harper
    3B Machado
    1B Bird
    C Sanchez
    DH Judge
    LF Frazier
    CF Rutherford
    2B Gregorius

    We're screwed!

  6. #1974
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,129
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 810 Times in 616 Posts
    Trust in Shatkins, folks

    In a year or so we will have the No 1. farm system

  7. #1975
    Blue Chip Prospect TBJ12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    SS Torres
    RF Harper
    3B Machado
    1B Bird
    C Sanchez
    DH Judge
    LF Frazier
    CF Rutherford
    2B Gregorius

    We're screwed!
    Tthe Yankees aren't spending $600M+ in a single offseason. Even if they could who cares? I've got every bit of confidence in this FO building a perennial contender for under $200M. I am the only who believes we won't be seeing a rebuild in TO anytime soon?

  8. #1976
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,986
    Thanks
    34,776
    Thanked 6,679 Times in 5,144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBJ12 View Post
    Tthe Yankees aren't spending $600M+ in a single offseason. Even if they could who cares? I've got every bit of confidence in this FO building a perennial contender for under $200M. I am the only who believes we won't be seeing a rebuild in TO anytime soon?
    If the Yankees can get both Machado and Harper and stay under budget they will. A re-tool on the fly is more likely than a re-build for us.

  9. #1977
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,738
    Thanks
    1,669
    Thanked 1,520 Times in 931 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBJ12 View Post
    Tthe Yankees aren't spending $600M+ in a single offseason. Even if they could who cares? I've got every bit of confidence in this FO building a perennial contender for under $200M. I am the only who believes we won't be seeing a rebuild in TO anytime soon?
    I could see re-tooling, i.e. selling some stuff off for a season or two and putting the team in a position to win 78-81 games or so. I don't know that we will see an intentional firesale where we plan on losing 90-100 games though.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (Today)

  11. #1978
    Blue Chip Prospect TBJ12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    If the Yankees can get both Machado and Harper and stay under budget they will. A re-tool on the fly is more likely than a re-build for us.
    How can you possibly stay under payroll while spending $60M on two players? Their going to need $ if any of that traded/home grown talent makes anything of themselves. You know better than this Spanky!

  12. #1979
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    934
    Thanks
    86
    Thanked 436 Times in 242 Posts
    Just kidding with that lineup. They won't get Machado and Harper, just one of them

  13. #1980
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,986
    Thanks
    34,776
    Thanked 6,679 Times in 5,144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBJ12 View Post
    How can you possibly stay under payroll while spending $60M on two players? Their going to need $ if any of that traded/home grown talent makes anything of themselves. You know better than this Spanky!
    I can see it when the 6 of the other starting bats are making league-minimum or near it, depends on what their staff takes up though, I believe it might be doable. Especially if they integrate their(Harper/Machado) salaries between years or something. Just spit-balling.

  14. #1981
    Blue Chip Prospect TBJ12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Cashman isn't Steinbrenner. I think your shit balling here Spanky! Yankees just haven't been the same free spending team under Cashman IMO.

  15. #1982
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    30,986
    Thanks
    34,776
    Thanked 6,679 Times in 5,144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TBJ12 View Post
    Cashman isn't Steinbrenner. I think your shit balling here Spanky! Yankees just haven't been the same free spending team under Cashman IMO.
    lol... well the Tax threshold is supposed to be just North of 200 million in 2020, right? Plus it's Dumbrowski, this shit can happen, bro, lol. It's a lofty "IF" but legit possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •