• SEA 4
    PHI 5
    Final
    3:40 PM ET
  • SF 5
    COL 3
    Final
    3:45 PM ET
  • WSH 6
    CHC 2
    In Progress
    Bottom 4th
  • PIT 4
    TB 2
    In Progress
    Bottom 3rd
  • TOR 4
    BAL 0
    In Progress
    End 4th
  • DET 0
    KC 5
    In Progress
    Top 4th
  • CIN 3
    MIL 2
    In Progress
    Top 4th
  • BOS 0
    MIN 2
    In Progress
    Top 4th
  • MIA 0
    NYM 3
    In Progress
    Bottom 4th
  • CLE 3
    TEX 0
    In Progress
    End 4th
  • CWS 0
    NYY 0
    In Progress
    Top 1st
  • HOU 0
    OAK 0
    In Progress
    Bottom 1st
  • ARI
    STL
    Preview
    9:40 PM ET
  • LAA 0
    LAD 0
    Pre-Game
    10:07 PM ET
  • SD
    ATL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 11 of 297 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 176 of 4750

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

  1. #161
    All Star jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,828
    Thanks
    1,408
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 984 Posts
    Moss probably gets 1/5 or 1/6. Doubt he gets $8-10 million.

  2. #162
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,977
    Thanks
    1,040
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 600 Posts
    The Rays were named as a potential landing spot for Bautista (hometown team), maybe this kills whatever chance there was of that happening.

  3. #163
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,822
    Thanks
    37,462
    Thanked 7,238 Times in 5,550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    He was really good in that year time forgot.
    lol

  4. #164
    All Star jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,828
    Thanks
    1,408
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    The Rays were named as a potential landing spot for Bautista (hometown team), maybe this kills whatever chance there was of that happening.
    Rasmus and Bautista both in Rays uniforms could still be possible. Would mean that they'd have to platoon Souza & Rasmus and rotate some players around, though could still work.

    CF Kiermaier
    2B Forsythe
    3B Longoria
    DH/1B/LF Bautista
    1B/SS Miller
    LF Dickerson
    SS Duffy
    C Ramos
    RF Souza/Rasmus

    Ok not the exact setup, though that isn't that bad of a lineup. Factor in the Rays pitching as well, they could be sleepers.

  5. #165
    DONOR guylaroche5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,443
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 619 Times in 349 Posts
    If we can't outbid the fucking Rays of all teams for Joey then just end my life now fam

  6. #166
    All Star jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,828
    Thanks
    1,408
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 984 Posts
    If the Rays actually signed Bautista and he returns to his 2015 level, they could have a dangerous lineup. Evan Longoria found his power stroke last season, Brad Miller could build off his strong 2016 breakout year, Duffy is very underrated, Dickerson could rebound, Kiermaier has his amazing looks, Rasmus could hit between 20-25 HR's easily, Ramos was having an All-Star year in 2016 before getting hurt, etc. I could go on. I wouldn't count out the Rays.

  7. #167
    All Star jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,828
    Thanks
    1,408
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 984 Posts
    I'm making a bold prediction. If the Rays sign Bautista, they win one of the wild card spots.

  8. #168
    DONOR guylaroche5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,443
    Thanks
    161
    Thanked 619 Times in 349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    I'm making a bold prediction. If the Rays sign Bautista, they win one of the wild card spots.
    I mean that lineup + Archer/Odorizzi/Smyly/Cobb would be pretty nasty, I wouldn't say it's that bold. I have no idea who the hell is returning to their bullpen but it's the Rays so I'd imagine it'll be at least average.

  9. #169
    All Star jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,828
    Thanks
    1,408
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guylaroche5 View Post
    I mean that lineup + Archer/Odorizzi/Smyly/Cobb would be pretty nasty, I wouldn't say it's that bold. I have no idea who the hell is returning to their bullpen but it's the Rays so I'd imagine it'll be at least average.
    Don't forget Blake Snell as well in that rotation. Plus they have a lot of depth as well - Whitley, Andreise and Ramirez.

    Plus their bullpen is pretty decent with Colome, Boxberger, Cedano etc. Rays could be dangerous.

  10. #170
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,161
    Thanks
    695
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    If the Rays actually signed Bautista and he returns to his 2015 level, they could have a dangerous lineup. Evan Longoria found his power stroke last season, Brad Miller could build off his strong 2016 breakout year, Duffy is very underrated, Dickerson could rebound, Kiermaier has his amazing looks, Rasmus could hit between 20-25 HR's easily, Ramos was having an All-Star year in 2016 before getting hurt, etc. I could go on. I wouldn't count out the Rays.
    Thats a lot of could/ifs though. A lot of teams would be really good if they got 2015 Bautista, the Jays included. (MAKE IT HAPPEN)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to burlingtonbandit For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-10-2017)

  12. #171
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,822
    Thanks
    37,462
    Thanked 7,238 Times in 5,550 Posts
    Stop trolling Sil.

  13. #172
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 464 Times in 254 Posts
    Do we have a shot at this Luis Robert kid from Cuba or does the Gurriel signing take us out of that?

    19 year old CF/OF prospect from Cuba. Scouts saying he's a top 5 Cuban prospect. Seems like a good way to spend some of our dough instead of using it on retreads.

  14. #173
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    34,822
    Thanks
    37,462
    Thanked 7,238 Times in 5,550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Do we have a shot at this Luis Robert kid from Cuba or does the Gurriel signing take us out of that?

    19 year old CF/OF prospect from Cuba. Scouts saying he's a top 5 Cuban prospect. Seems like a good way to spend some of our dough instead of using it on retreads.
    It would go against our MILB/INL cap... so no it won't happen, they didn't go over earlier, they won't now. They'd have signed Fernandez and him if that were the case.

  15. #174
    MVP Stangstag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,332
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 976 Posts
    Totally would have liked to sign Rasmus for that kind of money, but there is no way he would've come back here after the way he was treated at the end of 2014.

  16. #175
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,026
    Thanks
    1,180
    Thanked 449 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    It would go against our MILB/INL cap... so no it won't happen, they didn't go over earlier, they won't now. They'd have signed Fernandez and him if that were the case.
    They can't sign anybody over $300,000 until July 2nd anyway. I'm really hoping this signing period or next we go full San Diego with an International haul.

  17. #176
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,026
    Thanks
    1,180
    Thanked 449 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    Totally would have liked to sign Rasmus for that kind of money, but there is no way he would've come back here after the way he was treated at the end of 2014.
    I'm guessing if we offered him $8 Million, today he's in Regina at a Pats game with Zeke.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •