Page 344 of 504 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 5,489 to 5,504 of 8058

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

  1. #5489
    All Star SirBJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Maple
    Posts
    3,502
    Thanks
    2,653
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 973 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    what a difference a year makes with the deadline market. Very underwhelming returns
    Even Wilson and Avila netted pretty light returns, they at least got a top 100 prospect out of the deal though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

  2. #5490
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,530
    Thanks
    1,799
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    TBH there's not much left to pillage beyond Devers, who ain't going anywhere. You gotta figure one of Groome or Chavis is going the opposite direction, probably Chavis.
    Wouldn't Groome or Chavis be a hefty price tag on a reliever? I mean Reed's been good this year, but still.
    Last edited by Brownie19; 07-31-2017 at 11:27 AM.

  3. #5491
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,530
    Thanks
    1,799
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    This makes me smile a little.

    Somewhere the Cleveland FO must be counting their lucky stars that Lucroy blocked a trade to them (in which they were rumoured to be giving up Mejia). I also just read Cleveland is considering a Mejia for Darvish trade.

  4. #5492
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,307
    Thanks
    3,094
    Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    And I'll just assume you're a cock sucking hermaphrodite, bitch.
    Is this really necessary? Put him on ignore, ffs.

  5. #5493
    DONOR jays4life19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,977
    Thanks
    3,040
    Thanked 3,578 Times in 2,381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Is this really necessary? Put him on ignore, ffs.
    Personally, i think it was indeed necessary.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to jays4life19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (07-31-2017)

  7. #5494
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,530
    Thanks
    1,799
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    And I'll just assume you're a cock sucking hermaphrodite, bitch.

  8. #5495
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Wouldn't Groome or Chavis be a hefty price tag on a reliever? I mean Reed's been good this year, but still.
    It doesn't matter. If your the jays you need to sell, if you can only get a lottery ticket then so Be it. Our window has closed and the time is now. If shatkins is honestly contemplating going for it next year I will be shocked, I think it's all smoke and mirrors, I mean it's gotta be, any competent front office should be able to see the writing on the wall

  9. #5496
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,362
    Thanks
    662
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    This makes me smile a little.

    Somewhere the Cleveland FO must be counting their lucky stars that Lucroy blocked a trade to them (in which they were rumoured to be giving up Mejia). I also just read Cleveland is considering a Mejia for Darvish trade.
    If they're willing to give up Mejia they really should have just went to find the pieces to land Quintana before he got dealt.
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to HERPDERP For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (07-31-2017)

  11. #5497
    All Star AdamGreenwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,554
    Thanks
    302
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,094 Posts
    Jays are in a tough position. All the guys that it makes sense to sell on, are having down years.
    So, not sure if it makes sense to sell now for extra control, or wait until next year and hope they rebuild their value.

  12. #5498
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,236
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 199 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokingjays1111 View Post
    It doesn't matter. If your the jays you need to sell, if you can only get a lottery ticket then so Be it. Our window has closed and the time is now. If shatkins is honestly contemplating going for it next year I will be shocked, I think it's all smoke and mirrors, I mean it's gotta be, any competent front office should be able to see the writing on the wall
    Our window is not closed we just need to retool a bit of the roster. We are most likely going to finish the year around .500, with almost everyone having a down year and an awful showing from our starters.

    3B- Donaldson
    SS- Tulo
    2B - Travis
    1B - Smoak
    RF - Alford?
    LF - ?
    CF - Pillar
    C- Martin
    DH - Morales/Pearce

    1. Stroman 2. Sanchez 3. Happ 4. Biagini 5. Estrada?

    2018 the pipeline is re-established and we'll guys who could contribute that actually have long term potential, both position players and SP.

  13. #5499
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,940
    Thanks
    2,459
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 4,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    LF - ?
    We should have money to spend on a guy like J.D. Martinez. I'm hoping that happens.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Dinger For This Useful Post:

    Abomination (07-31-2017),jaysblue (07-31-2017)

  15. #5500
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,304
    Thanks
    1,601
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    We should have money to spend on a guy like J.D. Martinez. I'm hoping that happens.
    Would be a nice get indeed.

  16. #5501
    DONOR | Super Moderator G-Snarls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    25,818
    Thanks
    1,770
    Thanked 3,932 Times in 2,672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Our window is not closed we just need to retool a bit of the roster. We are most likely going to finish the year around .500, with almost everyone having a down year and an awful showing from our starters.

    3B- Donaldson
    SS- Tulo
    2B - Travis
    1B - Smoak
    RF - Alford?
    LF - ?
    CF - Pillar
    C- Martin
    DH - Morales/Pearce

    1. Stroman 2. Sanchez 3. Happ 4. Biagini 5. Estrada?

    2018 the pipeline is re-established and we'll guys who could contribute that actually have long term potential, both position players and SP.
    That's not a very good lineup unless multiple guys have major rebounds AND Smoak keeps this up

    Dammit putting Dexter Fowler in the leadoff spot this last off season would have changed the whole complexion

  17. #5502
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,530
    Thanks
    1,799
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    We should have money to spend on a guy like J.D. Martinez. I'm hoping that happens.
    The DH position seems pretty full already man.

  18. #5503
    MVP jaysblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,304
    Thanks
    1,601
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Sign JD Martinez to play RF. Trade for Ian Kinsler to play 2B. Trade for Robbie Grossman to play LF and to DH occasionally. Trade Morales and get rid of his ass which will open up the DH spot for Steve Pearce. Boom!

  19. #5504
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,530
    Thanks
    1,799
    Thanked 1,488 Times in 976 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysblue View Post
    Sign JD Martinez to play RF. Trade for Ian Kinsler to play 2B. Trade for Robbie Grossman to play LF and to DH occasionally. Trade Morales and get rid of his ass which will open up the DH spot for Steve Pearce. Boom!
    Just when I thought our OF defense couldn't get any worse...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •