• CHC
    MIL
    Preview
    2:20 PM ET
  • WSH
    ARI
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • PHI
    ATL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    DET
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    STL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    TEX
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • MIA
    COL
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    SEA
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • BOS
    TB
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • MIN
    CIN
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • HOU
    OAK
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • KC
    CWS
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • LAA
    NYY
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • SD
    NYM
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • SF
    LAD
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 518 of 523 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520 ... LastLast
Results 8,273 to 8,288 of 8354

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

  1. #8273
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,420
    Thanks
    3,925
    Thanked 13,644 Times in 8,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    When you can give Aroldis Chapman money to a guy who's half as good and entering the decline phase of his career with known arm problems you do that and ask questions later. This also seems to be the Rockies' motto for every free agent signing of theirs.
    They've committed 106M to Davis, Shaw, and McGee over the next three seasons. 35M a year to three relievers who aren't even elite. What a terrible org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  2. #8274
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,134
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 747 Posts
    Wow the Rockies are dumb as shit.

  3. #8275
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    916
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 63 Times in 53 Posts
    2018

    Wade Davis 16.0
    Bryan Shaw 7.5
    Michael Dunn 7.0
    Jake McGee 7.0
    Adam Ottavino 7.0

    44.5 million to 5 relievers.

    Crazy. Let's trade them Stroman for a massive haul as soon as possible.

  4. #8276
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,837
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 764 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    They've committed 106M to Davis, Shaw, and McGee over the next three seasons. 35M a year to three relievers who aren't even elite. What a terrible org.
    TBF they had lots of payroll budget to use and they've identified they want a strengthened bullpen so have paid what they needed to in the current market. If they were using money that otherwise would have been spent on other players then sure, but overpaying in free agency in areas of need (as long as it doesn't handicap you payroll wise) isn't a unique thing.

    They made the playoffs last year and wanted to improve. Yes they've overpaid, but that's what free agency is designed for, to compensate players for their initial years of being underpaid.

  5. #8277
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,134
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyy108 View Post
    2018

    Wade Davis 16.0
    Bryan Shaw 7.5
    Michael Dunn 7.0
    Jake McGee 7.0
    Adam Ottavino 7.0

    44.5 million to 5 relievers.

    Crazy. Let's trade them Osuna for a massive haul as soon as possible.
    Fixed.

  6. #8278
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,837
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 764 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyy108 View Post
    2018

    Wade Davis 16.0
    Bryan Shaw 7.5
    Michael Dunn 7.0
    Jake McGee 7.0
    Adam Ottavino 7.0

    44.5 million to 5 relievers.

    Crazy. Let's trade them Stroman for a massive haul as soon as possible.
    That doesn't really follow, as they'd have to give up assets for Stroman. They've shown they are willing to overpay in dollars, but not in prospects.

  7. #8279
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,134
    Thanks
    394
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 747 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    TBF they had lots of payroll budget to use and they've identified they want a strengthened bullpen so have paid what they needed to in the current market. If they were using money that otherwise would have been spent on other players then sure, but overpaying in free agency in areas of need (as long as it doesn't handicap you payroll wise) isn't a unique thing.

    They made the playoffs last year and wanted to improve. Yes they've overpaid, but that's what free agency is designed for, to compensate players for their initial years of being underpaid.
    The bullpen is the last place a team should be allocating so much money. If you can sign a Chapman or Jansen or Miller type, then that's understandable, but there's a chance that half of those guys they signed turn into shit next season and it wouldn't be a surprise. That's how volatile the pen is.

  8. #8280
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,549
    Thanks
    979
    Thanked 6,146 Times in 3,509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    They've committed 106M to Davis, Shaw, and McGee over the next three seasons. 35M a year to three relievers who aren't even elite. What a terrible org.
    They also have a 2 year competition window and zero ability to attract a FA pitcher who isn't in their last contract though. I don't think they are as much stupid as handcuffed and not smart enough to figure it all out. They have zero depth IMO unless Rodgers is ready. I take it back though...the Desmond move was just flat out stupid. If he returns to above replacement level I like their team without injuries...but relying on injury free seasons is too AA
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  9. #8281
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,837
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 764 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    The bullpen is the last place a team should be allocating so much money. If you can sign a Chapman or Jansen or Miller type, then that's understandable, but there's a chance that half of those guys they signed turn into shit next season and it wouldn't be a surprise. That's how volatile the pen is.
    Ideally yes, but if that's your area of need and you don't want to give up assets, and you have the payroll room then why not go for it? They've decided it gives them the best chance of improving. Can't really blame them for that.

  10. #8282
    Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 67 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Yeah I think 5/10 is a tad low but I agree with the sentiment.

    Holy fuck, if you're going to be this helpless and delicate, maybe being involved in a heavily male dominated sport/field isn't for you? Is this not common sense?

    I'm tired of seeing these stories where the woman never utters an objection and the men involved are supposed to read their minds. I really have a hard time believing that he squeezed her wrist so hard that it hurt the next day, lol, fuck off.

    No doubt super hero Rob Manfred will swoop in to save all the women, though. I bet Sano gets 20 games and no legal action against him whatsoever.

    Also, apparently, teams and affiliates need to stop hiring women.
    Never utters an objection? She clearly states she said no multiple times maybe you can't read.

    Or maybe you just assume all sexual assault accusations are lies?

    Pretty stupid to say she didn't utter an objection when she says she did, unless of course you were there.

    Just because some women make false accusations doesn't mean this shit doesn't happen, regularly. Your want to dismiss every claim because of a few gold digging whores?

  11. #8283
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,837
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 764 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    They also have a 2 year competition window and zero ability to attract a FA pitcher who isn't in their last contract though. I don't think they are as much stupid as handcuffed and not smart enough to figure it all out. They have zero depth IMO unless Rodgers is ready. I take it back though...the Desmond move was just flat out stupid. If he returns to above replacement level I like their team without injuries...but relying on injury free seasons is too AA
    The Desmond move was way over criticised at the time IMO - they didn't give him a 5 year contract to play 1B for 5 years, and $70m isn't that much when compared with some other deals (by the way although I seem to be defending them a lot ITT I'm not a secret Rockies fan haha)

  12. #8284
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,420
    Thanks
    3,925
    Thanked 13,644 Times in 8,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    They also have a 2 year competition window and zero ability to attract a FA pitcher who isn't in their last contract though. I don't think they are as much stupid as handcuffed and not smart enough to figure it all out. They have zero depth IMO unless Rodgers is ready. I take it back though...the Desmond move was just flat out stupid. If he returns to above replacement level I like their team without injuries...but relying on injury free seasons is too AA
    I would have liked to see them spend the money on more bats. As you say, they lack depth - Rodgers is projected as their 6th best position player. They have no 1B. They're thin in the OF after Blackmon and maybe Dahl. Signing one of Santana/Alonso/LoMo and one of Cain/Dyson would have made a lot more sense to me than blowing their wad on relievers. Hell, if they had money to burn, Dahl + for Yelich and Chen would have been a good fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  13. #8285
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    2,837
    Thanks
    391
    Thanked 764 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I would have liked to see them spend the money on more bats. As you say, they lack depth - Rodgers is projected as their 6th best position player. They have no 1B. They're thin in the OF after Blackmon and maybe Dahl. Signing one of Santana/Alonso/LoMo and one of Cain/Dyson would have made a lot more sense to me than blowing their wad on relievers. Hell, if they had money to burn, Dahl + for Yelich and Chen would have been a good fit.
    Even if they have spent all of their money, there are still numerous 1Bs on the market that will likely be available on cheap deals.

  14. #8286
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,420
    Thanks
    3,925
    Thanked 13,644 Times in 8,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Even if they have spent all of their money, there are still numerous 1Bs on the market that will likely be available on cheap deals.
    I don't think that's really true. I see Hosmer, Morrison, and Duda left. Morrison probably costs close to 10M a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  15. #8287
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,888
    Thanks
    2,333
    Thanked 8,677 Times in 5,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jb22 View Post
    Never utters an objection? She clearly states she said no multiple times maybe you can't read.

    Or maybe you just assume all sexual assault accusations are lies?

    Pretty stupid to say she didn't utter an objection when she says she did, unless of course you were there.

    Just because some women make false accusations doesn't mean this shit doesn't happen, regularly. Your want to dismiss every claim because of a few gold digging whores?
    I don't assume anything, and I don't automatically believe the victim because I believe in something called due process. I have a real issue with women who go on twitter or Instagram to air out their stories, though. The police exist.

    I won't be so dismissive once they start using the proper channels, because when they do it this way it sure looks awfully fishy.

    Also, with the objection thing I was referring to her being dragged to the Apple store and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Frag are you alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    I know King isn't... little prick.

  16. #8288
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    6,805
    Thanks
    4,053
    Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I don't think that's really true. I see Hosmer, Morrison, and Duda left. Morrison probably costs close to 10M a year.
    Duda could beast in Colorado for a couple years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •