Page 464 of 464 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464
Results 7,409 to 7,418 of 7418

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

Thanks
    Thanked 4,514 Times in 2,872 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    That's not what I said. Let's recap:
    - I said that Healy for Pagan was the only significant move, and that it's rare to have so few significant moves at this point.
    - You took issue with that, and asked for 10+ significant moves made last year at this point in time.
    - I provided 14 moves that were either trades of established full-time MLB players, or free agent signings for guaranteed MLB deals (and two more on the 23rd). There has, I believe, been one such transaction this offseason.
    - You refuse to concede that this year has, in fact, been significantly slower than last year to this point, despite the fact that it has quite clearly been slower than last year (and 2015, and probably 2014 etc...).
    I thought my Grant troll was an obvious giveaway. I agree nothing major has happened up to this moment, and certainly more moves had been made at this stage a year ago, but my point is that the offseason is still very young so there's not much to get anxious about. Having been confirmed that Ohtani will be posted, along with the Braves/Coppolella scandal seem like pretty significant events even if they aren't a team acquiring someone, neither of those are things that happen every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 985 Posts
    It was, BTS got troooollled

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 678 Posts
    Ohtani and Stanton are holding everything up. Might have to wait a few weeks before anything major happens. The free agent market being absolute dog shit is likely a factor as well.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    He'd be a lot more expensive then the guys being suggested.
    You're probably right. He really is the perfect fit though. Switch hitter, lead-off, can play infield + outfield.

We're probably not gonna get one of these utility types that are already established since they're so hard to come by. Gonna have to take a gamble and trade for someone unproven like the Dodgers did with Chris Taylor.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,468 Times in 7,471 Posts
    So, has anyone noticed that the offseason is off to a slow start this year? I think Stanton and Ohtani might be holding things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

P2F (Today),Spanky99 (Today)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,877 Times in 6,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    So, has anyone noticed that the offseason is off to a slow start this year? I think Stanton and Ohtani might be holding things up.
    Hahaha...
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 678 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    You're probably right. He really is the perfect fit though. Switch hitter, lead-off, can play infield + outfield.

We're probably not gonna get one of these utility types that are already established since they're so hard to come by. Gonna have to take a gamble and trade for someone unproven like the Dodgers did with Chris Taylor.
    That would be the smart route. There are two players I always bring up that I won’t mention by name to avoid Brownie being triggered, but those two plus others who are blocked on other teams or coming off down seasons should be explored. There has to be a middle ground between overpaying for Nunez and counting on Ryan Goins again.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,877 Times in 6,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post

Lourdes Gurriel?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Most boring offseason in recent memory. Looks like we have another 30 days of this shit to look forward to!

Prospect
    Thanks
    MLB should have new rules forcing teams to trade/Sign players every week!! This is just too quiet, not to say a dead offseason.