Page 186 of 464 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,976 of 7418

Thread: Around Baseball 2017

  1. #2961
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,108
    Thanks
    3,556
    Thanked 12,468 Times in 7,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Cody Bellinger is almost enough to make me regret quitting LOD. Almost.
    Nats are sitting on a future offensive core of Stanton, Judge, Bellinger, and Vlad. Jr. Also Buxton, but meh. Not bad for a 30-team league.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  2. #2962
    Hall of Famer Dr. Dinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    18,770
    Thanks
    2,450
    Thanked 6,722 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Nats are sitting on a future offensive core of Stanton, Judge, Bellinger, and Vlad. Jr. Also Buxton, but meh. Not bad for a 30-team league.
    Did he end up trading Matt Harvey and Kenley?

  3. #2963
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,108
    Thanks
    3,556
    Thanked 12,468 Times in 7,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    Did he end up trading Matt Harvey and Kenley?
    Harvey for pretty much nothing (Sheffield and McKinney) and Kenley for Judge and Beede.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  4. #2964
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,119
    Thanks
    2,991
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Hey P2F, how about the updated Cody Bellinger stat line: 360/439/740 with 5 dingers and 4/4 stealing bases for a 212 wRC+ in 57 PA. He's 21 in AAA.
    It's ludicrous. I'd love to see that K rate come down a little, but I have no doubt that he'll always make the necessary adjustments if his current approach doesn't pan out in the bigs. He's a student of the game.

    I'm pretty excited about his arrival.

  5. #2965
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,820
    Thanks
    2,184
    Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,343 Posts
    Just saw on the Score app that the Cubs pitching coach is all sorts of salty regarding Eric Thames lighting up the league right now.

  6. #2966
    DONOR Angrioter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    D_R
    Posts
    24,455
    Thanks
    1,759
    Thanked 5,421 Times in 3,258 Posts
    Cubsí John Lackey and Chris Bosio imply Eric Thames is using*PEDs https://t.co/9mwEK7CqrX

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Angrioter For This Useful Post:

    Terminator (04-20-2017)

  8. #2967
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,820
    Thanks
    2,184
    Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,343 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Cubs’ John Lackey and Chris Bosio imply Eric Thames is using*PEDs https://t.co/9mwEK7CqrX
    Sour grapes. Just let people enjoy Thames' story. Baseball loves throwing cold water on anything that deviates from the norm.

  9. #2968
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,858
    Thanks
    753
    Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Cubs’ John Lackey and Chris Bosio imply Eric Thames is using*PEDs https://t.co/9mwEK7CqrX
    John Lackey being a piece of shit is just so surprising to me.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to vdubmvp For This Useful Post:

    jays4life19 (04-20-2017)

  11. #2969
    Hall of Famer Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    14,480
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,831 Times in 1,284 Posts
    Thames was always jacked lol. Trying to act like he went to Korea and became the incredible hulk.

  12. #2970
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,221
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubmvp View Post
    John Lackey being a piece of shit is just so surprising to me.
    Props to the first comment in the comments section

    "Oh eff off Lackey. Don’t you have another cancer-stricken wife to divorce or something?"

    Mic dropped.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  13. #2971
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,119
    Thanks
    2,991
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Props to the first comment in the comments section

    "Oh eff off Lackey. Don’t you have another cancer-stricken wife to divorce or something?"

    Mic dropped.
    Yes, I personally gave that one a thumbs up.

    D-stroid.

  14. #2972
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,377
    Thanks
    1,757
    Thanked 1,423 Times in 939 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrioter View Post
    Cubs’ John Lackey and Chris Bosio imply Eric Thames is using*PEDs https://t.co/9mwEK7CqrX
    What a POS Lackey is. Thames saw a TON of offspeed pitches in the KBO over the last couple of years. He mashes offspeed. This asshole flips a shitty spinner 3-2 and then runs his mouth? Read a scouting report you fuck.

  15. #2973
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,119
    Thanks
    2,991
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 1,161 Posts
    Luis Robert officially declared a free agent; can sign with team as soon as May 20

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/to...hite-sox-ties/

  16. #2974
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,221
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,952 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Luis Robert officially declared a free agent; can sign with team as soon as May 20

    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/to...hite-sox-ties/
    Would be a perfect target to go after. Drop him in Lansing to come up with Vladdy and Bo. All it costs is money.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  17. #2975
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    875
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 490 Times in 273 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Would be a perfect target to go after. Drop him in Lansing to come up with Vladdy and Bo. All it costs is money.
    We can't. He's been cleared to sign as a 2016/2017 IFA. We are still under penalty for that period and can't sign anyone for more than $300K.

  18. #2976
    DONOR P2F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,119
    Thanks
    2,991
    Thanked 1,809 Times in 1,161 Posts
    So Eric Thames homered again tonight. NBD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •