Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 186

Thread: General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Big Leaguer reedjohnsonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,515
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 289 Times in 216 Posts

    General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

    For non-gameday, non-threadworthy general Blue Jays 2017 discussion.

    Go

  2. #2
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,869
    Thanks
    609
    Thanked 623 Times in 347 Posts
    I predict that you're going to be asked to pick a number in the near future, choose wisely.

  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (01-06-2017),BTS (01-06-2017),Deadpool (01-09-2017),fatcowxlive (01-06-2017),jays4life19 (01-06-2017),P2F (01-06-2017),Sorrow (01-06-2017),Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

  4. #3
    Big Leaguer reedjohnsonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,515
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 289 Times in 216 Posts
    lol I put the wrong year in. Fixed!

  5. #4
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,645
    Thanks
    586
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,100 Posts
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  6. #5
    Big Leaguer reedjohnsonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,515
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 289 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    It sounds like that might be the case, based on their conservative offseason.

  7. #6
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,980
    Thanks
    513
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    I fear that they'll hang around in in-between land, where they don't really commit to a complete sell-off and rebuild, but on the other hand, aren't really willing to commit to "go for it".

  8. #7
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,186
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 637 Times in 506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel unfortunately, because I have no confidence in Shapiro's ability to put together a winning ball club. Others may disagree, and its one persons opinion. Shapiro isn't half the baseball mind his predecessor was.

    In a few years time we will recognise what a great man AA was.

    drafted Synder and Sanchez in same year
    Stole Prime Donaldson for a bag of balls from Oakland.
    Stole Travis from Detroit for a bag of balls from Tigers.
    Signed Martin
    Brought back playoffs to Toronto,
    Revived the franchise
    Goodbye AA.

  9. #8
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,793
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 777 Times in 589 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealAccountant View Post
    I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel unfortunately, because I have no confidence in Shapiro's ability to put together a winning ball club. Others may disagree, and its one persons opinion. Shapiro isn't half the baseball mind his predecessor was.
    lol, yes I think it's one person's opinion

  10. #9
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,523
    Thanks
    617
    Thanked 5,010 Times in 2,882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    I predict that you're going to be asked to pick a number in the near future, choose wisely.
    Nope, I think 2017 is the year that archaic baseball views return to this board. An RJF endorsement is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  11. #10
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 55 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    They should have sold this offseason if they weren't willing to spend. But they backed themselves into a corner with the whole September season ticket renewal. If they did that and then sold it would be a PR nightmare. So now they'll put out a decent team that is likely far enough out at the deadline to sell. Then they can justify in public trading Donaldson, Tulo, Martin and get a fraction of the return if they had done so in the offseason. Rogers is literally the scum of the earth.

  12. #11
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    3,880
    Thanks
    1,274
    Thanked 939 Times in 629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamLindsMom View Post
    They should have sold this offseason if they weren't willing to spend. But they backed themselves into a corner with the whole September season ticket renewal. If they did that and then sold it would be a PR nightmare. So now they'll put out a decent team that is likely far enough out at the deadline to sell. Then they can justify in public trading Donaldson, Tulo, Martin and get a fraction of the return if they had done so in the offseason. Rogers is literally the scum of the earth.
    Did you miss the fact they offered EE $80M and Fowler $60M? There's been absolutely no indication that the money isn't available.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

  14. #12
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 181 Times in 85 Posts

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerb For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (01-06-2017),reedjohnsonfan (01-06-2017),TholesWeirdEye (01-06-2017)

  16. #13
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,186
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 637 Times in 506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Did you miss the fact they offered EE $80M and Fowler $60M? There's been absolutely no indication that the money isn't available.
    That could have very well been the same money. EE didn't sign so they offered it to Fowler. Technically they haven't spend that budget yet,
    Goodbye AA.

  17. #14
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,869
    Thanks
    609
    Thanked 623 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Nope, I think 2017 is the year that archaic baseball views return to this board. An RJF endorsement is perfect.
    I don't know, then we will all have to stress out over replacing Edwin's RBI's, and that's just unhealthy.

  18. #15
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,645
    Thanks
    586
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Regina is the last place I'd expect Carrera to be in
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  19. #16
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,462
    Thanks
    670
    Thanked 1,838 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Lol thats so random.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •