Page 152 of 179 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 2,417 to 2,432 of 2863

Thread: General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,367 Posts
    The cop who arrested Winfield sounds like a Howdy Doody dumb fuck.

Hartery: I still have the baseball stuck here in my cabinet . . . The only thing I kind of regret is not getting him to sign the baseball.
    Hartery: When he came back to the Blue Jays, again I was working a game and I was in that same hallway. I said, “Hi,” I told him who I was, and he didn’t want to talk. I said, “OK, no problem,” and I just walked, gave him his privacy
    Why the hell would he sign the ball and why would he want to chit chat with you? lol

https://www.thestar.com/news/insight...l_history.html

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdyment View Post
    Is there any chance Borucki has earned himself a September start (or sooner) with last nights outing? Dude is crushing AA.
    Not sure about a start, but could very well come up for some pen work. He threw 135 innings last year so I'm guessing they'd want him up around 170 after this season and he's just 119 so far after losing that time to injury. New Hampshire has no shot at the playoffs so he probably will come up as soon as their season is over and September callup happen.

May even see him in the Arizona Fall League
    ****FREE SPANKY****

3. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

sdyment (08-05-2017)

Thanks
    Biagini sent to AAA to "strengthen his arm" according to Gibby - looks like when he comes back he'll be starting again.

Makes sense to use the remainder of the season as a testing ground - get Alford up too please.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Just bring Borucki up now, we wasted so many starts on scrubs like Valdez, Bolsinger and Liriano.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slade For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (08-05-2017)

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Biagini sent to AAA to "strengthen his arm" according to Gibby - looks like when he comes back he'll be starting again.

Makes sense to use the remainder of the season as a testing ground - get Alford up too please.
    Weird he needs to build up in AAA when he didn't need to earlier in the season, they just had him throw 45 pitches one start, then 60 the next, and 80.... and so on.

Wonder why they're sending him down to do that same thing now?
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Thanked 7,960 Times in 6,112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Weird he needs to build up in AAA when he didn't need to earlier in the season, they just had him throw 45 pitches one start, then 60 the next, and 80.... and so on.

To work on his full wind-up, that's it. He hasn't done it properly in ages, just to clean up mechanics. 2 starts and he's back in our rotation.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...ong-term-mind/
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,915 Times in 1,175 Posts
    taylor cole played during the montreal exhibitions a few years ago right?
    Fuck Taylor Swift

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 811 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    To work on his full wind-up, that's it. He hasn't done it properly in ages, just to clean up mechanics. 2 starts and he's back in our rotation.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...ong-term-mind/
    That's probably a smart move and I understand why they are doing it. Earlier in the year he was considered a spot starter. He's probably a permanent fixture in the rotation for the rest of this year and maybe in 2018. The Jays pen can't afford another couple of starts of guaranteed 3-4 innings so get him 100% right in the minors.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (08-05-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,960 Times in 6,112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    That's probably a smart move and I understand why they are doing it. Earlier in the year he was considered a spot starter. He's probably a permanent fixture in the rotation for the rest of this year and maybe in 2018. The Jays pen can't afford another couple of starts of guaranteed 3-4 innings so get him 100% right in the minors.
    Yeah, I believe that's the plan. They pretty much said that's the idea, in other interviews with Walker and Gibbons. Doing it right this time without taxing the pen.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,403 Times in 991 Posts
    this little gem popped up in my player news in fantasy

Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said Aaron Sanchez (blister) continues to make "slow progress."
    Advice: "That's all I can tell you," said Gibbons. "Hopefully he makes it back. We'll see."
    uuuuuuuugh

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    If the Royals lose we are only 4 games back. It's crazy how smashed together ever is in the AL.

If Estrada is rebounding and we can find one more reliable starter (Biagini/Borucki) maybe we can make the rest of the season at least interesting.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Slade For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (08-08-2017)

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    If the Royals lose we are only 4 games back. It's crazy how smashed together ever is in the AL.

If Estrada is rebounding and we can find one more reliable starter (Biagini/Borucki) maybe we can make the rest of the season at least interesting.
    The Jays also have a bunch of games left against the teams they are chasing.

It is a huge long shot especially since they'll be throwing scrubs out there in place of actual big league starters without Sanchez and Liriano, but if they can at least make September mean something it would be better than waiting for the season to end in August so the off season can start.

Damn if Osuna doesn't blow 4 saves in 3 weeks.....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to glory For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (08-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post

Damn if Osuna doesn't blow 4 saves in 3 weeks.....
    Yeah if he only blows 2 we'd only be 2 games back right now. Kind of crazy. What really fucked us though was that 6-17 start. We've been pretty decent but for that shit start.

Blue Chip Prospect MunenoriKawasakiMVP's Avatar
    Thanks
    The 3 games vs the Royals, 7 against the Rays and 8 against the Yanks are gonna be massive. The season is far from over.

Blue Chip Prospect MunenoriKawasakiMVP's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oakland-Seattle game now tied 6-6. We really need the A's to take this one to squeeze the AL even more.