• DET
    ATL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY
    PHI
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • WSH
    STL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    TB
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    BOS
    Preview
    1:07 PM ET
  • NYM
    HOU
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    ARI
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • OAK
    CWS
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CHC
    CLE
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • CIN
    MIL
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • TEX
    SD
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA
    KC
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • COL
    SF
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • MIN
    BAL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • MIA
    WSH
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • LAA
    SEA
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 504

Thread: General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Big Leaguer reedjohnsonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,531
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 292 Times in 219 Posts

    General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

    For non-gameday, non-threadworthy general Blue Jays 2017 discussion.

    Go

  2. #2
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    662
    Thanked 666 Times in 375 Posts
    I predict that you're going to be asked to pick a number in the near future, choose wisely.

  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (01-06-2017),BTS (01-06-2017),Deadpool (01-09-2017),fatcowxlive (01-06-2017),jays4life19 (01-06-2017),P2F (01-06-2017),Sorrow (01-06-2017),Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

  4. #3
    Big Leaguer reedjohnsonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,531
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 292 Times in 219 Posts
    lol I put the wrong year in. Fixed!

  5. #4
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,797
    Thanks
    607
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,117 Posts
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  6. #5
    Big Leaguer reedjohnsonfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,531
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 292 Times in 219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    It sounds like that might be the case, based on their conservative offseason.

  7. #6
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,091
    Thanks
    524
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 751 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    I fear that they'll hang around in in-between land, where they don't really commit to a complete sell-off and rebuild, but on the other hand, aren't really willing to commit to "go for it".

  8. #7
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,336
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 642 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel unfortunately, because I have no confidence in Shapiro's ability to put together a winning ball club. Others may disagree, and its one persons opinion. Shapiro isn't half the baseball mind his predecessor was.

    In a few years time we will recognise what a great man AA was.

    drafted Synder and Sanchez in same year
    Stole Prime Donaldson for a bag of balls from Oakland.
    Stole Travis from Detroit for a bag of balls from Tigers.
    Signed Martin
    Brought back playoffs to Toronto,
    Revived the franchise
    Goodbye AA.

  9. #8
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,146
    Thanks
    248
    Thanked 811 Times in 617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealAccountant View Post
    I dont see the light at the end of the tunnel unfortunately, because I have no confidence in Shapiro's ability to put together a winning ball club. Others may disagree, and its one persons opinion. Shapiro isn't half the baseball mind his predecessor was.
    lol, yes I think it's one person's opinion

  10. #9
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,875
    Thanks
    657
    Thanked 5,166 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendleton View Post
    I predict that you're going to be asked to pick a number in the near future, choose wisely.
    Nope, I think 2017 is the year that archaic baseball views return to this board. An RJF endorsement is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  11. #10
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    428
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 55 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    I predict an average team at the deadline.

    If it ends up true, I hope Shatkins are smart and realize that we are better off with a huge prospect haul.
    They should have sold this offseason if they weren't willing to spend. But they backed themselves into a corner with the whole September season ticket renewal. If they did that and then sold it would be a PR nightmare. So now they'll put out a decent team that is likely far enough out at the deadline to sell. Then they can justify in public trading Donaldson, Tulo, Martin and get a fraction of the return if they had done so in the offseason. Rogers is literally the scum of the earth.

  12. #11
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,128
    Thanks
    1,371
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 695 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamLindsMom View Post
    They should have sold this offseason if they weren't willing to spend. But they backed themselves into a corner with the whole September season ticket renewal. If they did that and then sold it would be a PR nightmare. So now they'll put out a decent team that is likely far enough out at the deadline to sell. Then they can justify in public trading Donaldson, Tulo, Martin and get a fraction of the return if they had done so in the offseason. Rogers is literally the scum of the earth.
    Did you miss the fact they offered EE $80M and Fowler $60M? There's been absolutely no indication that the money isn't available.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (01-06-2017)

  14. #12
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 188 Times in 91 Posts

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerb For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (01-06-2017),reedjohnsonfan (01-06-2017),TholesWeirdEye (01-06-2017)

  16. #13
    MVP
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    10,336
    Thanks
    215
    Thanked 642 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Did you miss the fact they offered EE $80M and Fowler $60M? There's been absolutely no indication that the money isn't available.
    That could have very well been the same money. EE didn't sign so they offered it to Fowler. Technically they haven't spend that budget yet,
    Goodbye AA.

  17. #14
    Big Leaguer Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,987
    Thanks
    662
    Thanked 666 Times in 375 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Nope, I think 2017 is the year that archaic baseball views return to this board. An RJF endorsement is perfect.
    I don't know, then we will all have to stress out over replacing Edwin's RBI's, and that's just unhealthy.

  18. #15
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,797
    Thanks
    607
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Regina is the last place I'd expect Carrera to be in
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  19. #16
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,673
    Thanks
    682
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 1,378 Posts
    Lol thats so random.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •