ATL
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 63 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 993 to 1,008 of 1498

Thread: General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    You guys need to back back away from the cliff. This team is still better than the Orioles and they have even less on the farm than we do.
    I'm kind of glad the team is doing this poorly. They got pieces in the farm. They just need the next two years to restock and suck.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    It's so depressing when you invest so much time as a fan and the season is essentially over already. I have absolutely no reason to tune in anymore. I mean if there were some good young players to watch develop, grow, etc. but there is nothing of that to be seen unless Tellez is called up. I'll need to find a new escape from real life.

I'm gonna have to gut this season out as my 6 year old son won't care that it's all for not and I certainly don't want to ruin it for him. It's a sad reality. Everyone is going to have to find their own way to make the best out of it.
    Yeah I think the chances of climbing out of a 2-10 start are pretty much slim and none, especially with the injuries tacked on. If everyone was healthy, then maybe, but not now. Friggin' Latos and Lawrence will probably be in the rotation for the next little while combined with no JD and a bunch of replacement level scrubs scattered all throughout the lineup. It's bad and I don't think this roster has a 40-19 run (or whatever it was) in them like the post trade deadline 2015 team did.

I think the most frustrating thing is we started with 6 games against the O's. They are 5-1 against the Jays are 3-2 against everyone else. They got to pad their win total at our expense.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Yeah it's not so much the 2-10 start, it's everything else. It's early, and if we woke up tomorrow with the 2015 Jays they'd have a ton of time to right the ship. But this team is not anywhere near that. It looks old, in decline, and now the injuries are piling up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 769 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I don't think I'd have much fun with anything if this was my attitude towards having a rough start. We had stretches like this in each of the past 2 seasons and made it to the ALCS. The season may well be over, but I prefer to be optimistic and not jump off the deep end after 2 weeks. Being emotionally unstable was never good for anyone.
    Emotionally unstable! that's it Grant. I always wondered what was wrong with me. Thanks buddy!

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    It's so depressing when you invest so much time as a fan and the season is essentially over already. I have absolutely no reason to tune in anymore. I mean if there were some good young players to watch develop, grow, etc. but there is nothing of that to be seen unless Tellez is called up. I'll need to find a new escape from real life.

I'm gonna have to gut this season out as my 6 year old son won't care that it's all for not and I certainly don't want to ruin it for him. It's a sad reality. Everyone is going to have to find their own way to make the best out of it.
    Pretty much defined yourself as a casual. We have all stuck out worse than this.... more than 20 years worth

Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 774 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by closetjaysfan View Post
    Pretty much defined yourself as a casual. We have all stuck out worse than this.... more than 20 years worth
    Not accepting garbage doesn't make you a casual.

Thanks
    If they do continue this tailspin and go the rebuild route, I'm still gonna watch when its convenient but not to the extent of what Im used to. Last year I rushed home to make sure I didnt miss first pitch and would record games I missed. I'll follow them closely obviously and watch what I can, but won't go out of my way. Im sure most people here will do the same

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LGBJ29 For This Useful Post:

Brownie19 (04-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,311 Times in 4,556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post

woof
    Holy jeeze, look at them BABIPs
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,851 Times in 1,144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LGBJ29 View Post
    If they do continue this tailspin and go the rebuild route, I'm still gonna watch when its convenient but not to the extent of what Im used to. Last year I rushed home to make sure I didnt miss first pitch and would record games I missed. I'll follow them closely obviously and watch what I can, but won't go out of my way. Im sure most people here will do the same
    I'll watch them all until the weather gets hot and vacations start happening and I get burnt out. I'll check the scores every day but will probably watch 2-3 a week.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    It shows how much these players care. How many on this forum are ready to throw this team under the bus?
    Would not throw the team under the bus, just Shapiro. Team didn't have fade this quick. Shapiro is shrewd but just did not have the creativity of AA. Not what people want to hear but at least AA had as much passion as the players.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fireballW View Post
    Would not throw the team under the bus, just Shapiro. Team didn't have fade this quick. Shapiro is shrewd but just did not have the creativity of AA. Not what people want to hear but at least AA had as much passion as the players.
    Babble
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fireballW View Post
    yeah Shapiro should have known Pearce Travis and Martin would combine for a negative wRC+ in the first 12 games. What a fuckin dumbass

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Holy jeeze, look at them BABIPs
    Martin's BABIP is pretty telling. He's striking out to much but gets absolutely zero luck on balls put in play.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,715 Times in 6,986 Posts
    It's tough to blame Shapiro when Tulo, Bautista, Martin and Travis have sucked. That's AA's core. Hell, the AA guys he's let walk either haven't played (Price) or are stinking up the joint as badly as the guys still here (Edwin and Saunders).
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Yeah I think the chances of climbing out of a 2-10 start are pretty much slim and none.
    http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx

17.8% chance according to Fangraphs. It was about as low as this mid-May last season when the team was in the dumps. Of course being this low in mid-April is a hell of a lot tougher to do than it is in mid-May.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    It's tough to blame Shapiro when Tulo, Bautista, Martin and Travis have sucked. That's AA's core. Hell, the AA guys he's let walk either haven't played (Price) or are stinking up the joint as badly as the guys still here (Edwin and Saunders).
    I generally agree with your sentiment, but this post is lame. If Shapiro was THAT convinced that Travis and Bautista would have sucked he would have traded the former for other useful players and not signed the latter. Plus all of this board's favourite whipping boys Smoak, Carrera and Goins are all fully on the shoulders of the new regime for having stuck it on this roster this long. Martin and Tulowitzki are all AA's doing, but no new front office in baseball comes into a job with a completely clean slate.

You can blame the lack of MLB-ready prospects on AA, and you can give full credit to the new regime for supplementing Sanchez and Stroman with good contracts to fill out one of the best 1-5 starting staffs in the league. But the lineup is all on Shapiro and Atkins.