10:15 PM ET
Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,265 to 1,280 of 1565

Thread: General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 7,036 Times in 5,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Siemens MRI free scan giveaway day
    In all seriousness, that's a good question... they have Cecilliani/Ramirez and Alford on the 40 man, I'd imagine one of them would get called up. If need be for Morales.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    In all seriousness, that's a good question... they have Cecilliani/Ramirez and Alford on the 40 man, I'd imagine one of them would get called up. If need be for Morales.
    I doubt it. Cecilliani is lucky to still be on the 40. He should have DFA'd and punted to the moon a long time ago. Alford is year away and Harold Ramirez has struggled immensely.

Smith Jr and Leblebijian are the likely options right now.

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    I doubt it. Cecilliani is lucky to still be on the 40. He should have DFA'd and punted to the moon a long time ago. Alford is year away and Harold Ramirez has struggled immensely.

I would move Morales to the DL, DFA Cecilliani and promote Smith Jr (adding him to the 40 man roster). I would also seriously consider promoting Leblebijian and have him to play everyday at 3rd base; His promotion would be less clear in terms of who comes off the roster and the 40 man.

Having just noticed that he is leading the International League in RBIs, I would promote Leblebijian too; I would remove Harold Ramirez from the 40 man (he has been useless as pointed out above).
    Last edited by Traded_prospect; 05-10-2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Like to add one more point

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Traded_prospect For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (05-10-2017)

Thanks

Yeah, I was stating that strictly on the 40.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 774 Posts
    This season would be a good opportunity to see if Smith Jr. and/or Leblebijian can play in the majors. Dump Cecilliani and another JAG reliever and see what you've got.

Thanks
    Plenty of excellent DFA options

Campos
    Dermody
    Valdez
    Ceciliani

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    This season would be a good opportunity to see if Smith Jr. and/or Leblebijian can play in the majors. Dump Cecilliani and another JAG reliever and see what you've got.
    Acronym of the day?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 3,672 Posts
    It's a shame that Lourdes has basically zero playing time under his belt because he would be a super fun guy to promote given all the positions he plays. It's also a crying shame that Pompey is on the DL. There's really not much interesting on the 40 right now. As bad as Cecilliani is, I think promoting him as strictly a pinch runner or emergency defensive replacement would be sensible and fairly probable.
    "When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, dinosaurs they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me. Then I bust out." - Mookie Wilson

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKat For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-10-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    It's a shame that Lourdes has basically zero playing time under his belt because he would be a super fun guy to promote given all the positions he plays. It's also a crying shame that Pompey is on the DL. There's really not much interesting on the 40 right now. As bad as Cecilliani is, I think promoting him as strictly a pinch runner or emergency defensive replacement would be sensible and fairly probable.
    This is what I was thinking with the guys on the 40. Pompey's conky is really costing him right now, it's too bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,150 Posts
    Yeah it really sucks that Pompey got hurt. This was the perfect opportunity for him.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,219 Posts
    Forgot about Pompey. Pretty sure we're past our max DL slots. haha ha h... sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

All Star
    Thanks
    Smith Jr. should play everyday when the team gives up eventually. Maybe they have something there. If not, at least he was given a real shot.

Thanks
    Why were sources saying Donaldson and Tulo would be back on Monday, if they are both not close.

Thanks
    As bad as Cecilliani is, I think promoting him as strictly a pinch runner or emergency defensive replacement would be sensible and fairly probable.
    He doesn't deserve to be on a roster. He has done nothing to warrant major league service time. And doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant a limited role either.

Give the 40-man spot to Smith Jr. Former first round pick and might actually be a decent long term option. He could play regularly. And Zeke can go back to filling the role you want Cecilliani to fill. Or with Morales out they can just put Bautista at DH or whatever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bones10 View Post
    Why were sources saying Donaldson and Tulo would be back on Monday, if they are both not close.
    It appears to be Wild speculation by Gibbons. Tulo made the trip to Toronto. I don't know if Donaldson did but I have seen Tulo for sure. Seems odd to make the trip from Florida if he's still rehabbing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 774 Posts
    He doesn't deserve to be on a roster. He has done nothing to warrant major league service time. And doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant a limited role either.

Give the 40-man spot to Smith Jr. Former first round pick and might actually be a decent long term option. He could play regularly. And Zeke can go back to filling the role you want Cecilliani to fill. Or with Morales out they can just put Bautista at DH or whatever.
    In all likelihood, if Morales is out, we'll see Pearce and Zeke starting fulltime with someone like Cecilliani on the bench (it's amazing I don't even have to mention Smoak has he's already somehow a fulltime player). The reality is the season's down the tubes and as such, I'd rather Smith Jr. play LF regularly and Leblebijian play 3rd until JD is back.