• CLE
    OAK
    Preview
    6:10 PM ET
  • PIT
    ARI
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • STL
    LAD
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    NYY
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    CIN
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • NYM
    MIL
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • MIA
    PHI
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • COL
    SEA
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • TEX
    TB
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • CWS
    BOS
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • MIN
    HOU
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • KC
    DET
    Preview
    8:15 PM ET
  • LAA
    ATL
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • SD
    CHC
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • SF
    WSH
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,265 to 1,280 of 1565

Thread: General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

  1. #1265
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    36,491
    Thanked 7,036 Times in 5,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Snarls View Post
    Siemens MRI free scan giveaway day
    In all seriousness, that's a good question... they have Cecilliani/Ramirez and Alford on the 40 man, I'd imagine one of them would get called up. If need be for Morales.

  2. #1266
    MVP Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Shambles
    Posts
    13,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    In all seriousness, that's a good question... they have Cecilliani/Ramirez and Alford on the 40 man, I'd imagine one of them would get called up. If need be for Morales.
    I doubt it. Cecilliani is lucky to still be on the 40. He should have DFA'd and punted to the moon a long time ago. Alford is year away and Harold Ramirez has struggled immensely.

    Smith Jr and Leblebijian are the likely options right now.

  3. #1267
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    I doubt it. Cecilliani is lucky to still be on the 40. He should have DFA'd and punted to the moon a long time ago. Alford is year away and Harold Ramirez has struggled immensely.

    Smith Jr and Leblebijian are the likely options right now.
    I would move Morales to the DL, DFA Cecilliani and promote Smith Jr (adding him to the 40 man roster). I would also seriously consider promoting Leblebijian and have him to play everyday at 3rd base; His promotion would be less clear in terms of who comes off the roster and the 40 man.

    Having just noticed that he is leading the International League in RBIs, I would promote Leblebijian too; I would remove Harold Ramirez from the 40 man (he has been useless as pointed out above).
    Last edited by Traded_prospect; 05-10-2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Like to add one more point

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Traded_prospect For This Useful Post:

    LetTheBallFly (05-10-2017)

  5. #1268
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    36,491
    Thanked 7,036 Times in 5,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    I doubt it. Cecilliani is lucky to still be on the 40. He should have DFA'd and punted to the moon a long time ago. Alford is year away and Harold Ramirez has struggled immensely.

    Smith Jr and Leblebijian are the likely options right now.
    Yeah, I was stating that strictly on the 40.

  6. #1269
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,597
    Thanks
    1,508
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 774 Posts
    This season would be a good opportunity to see if Smith Jr. and/or Leblebijian can play in the majors. Dump Cecilliani and another JAG reliever and see what you've got.

  7. #1270
    MVP Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Shambles
    Posts
    13,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,189 Posts
    Plenty of excellent DFA options

    Campos
    Dermody
    Valdez
    Ceciliani

  8. #1271
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    36,491
    Thanked 7,036 Times in 5,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    This season would be a good opportunity to see if Smith Jr. and/or Leblebijian can play in the majors. Dump Cecilliani and another JAG reliever and see what you've got.
    Acronym of the day?

  9. #1272
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,673
    Thanks
    13,737
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 3,672 Posts
    It's a shame that Lourdes has basically zero playing time under his belt because he would be a super fun guy to promote given all the positions he plays. It's also a crying shame that Pompey is on the DL. There's really not much interesting on the 40 right now. As bad as Cecilliani is, I think promoting him as strictly a pinch runner or emergency defensive replacement would be sensible and fairly probable.
    "When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, dinosaurs they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me. Then I bust out." - Mookie Wilson

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKat For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (05-10-2017)

  11. #1273
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    33,607
    Thanks
    36,491
    Thanked 7,036 Times in 5,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    It's a shame that Lourdes has basically zero playing time under his belt because he would be a super fun guy to promote given all the positions he plays. It's also a crying shame that Pompey is on the DL. There's really not much interesting on the 40 right now. As bad as Cecilliani is, I think promoting him as strictly a pinch runner or emergency defensive replacement would be sensible and fairly probable.
    This is what I was thinking with the guys on the 40. Pompey's conky is really costing him right now, it's too bad.

  12. #1274
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,869
    Thanks
    1,977
    Thanked 1,862 Times in 1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    It's a shame that Lourdes has basically zero playing time under his belt because he would be a super fun guy to promote given all the positions he plays. It's also a crying shame that Pompey is on the DL. There's really not much interesting on the 40 right now. As bad as Cecilliani is, I think promoting him as strictly a pinch runner or emergency defensive replacement would be sensible and fairly probable.
    Yeah it really sucks that Pompey got hurt. This was the perfect opportunity for him.

  13. #1275
    Moderator Governator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    10,596
    Thanks
    2,811
    Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,219 Posts
    Forgot about Pompey. Pretty sure we're past our max DL slots. haha ha h... sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

  14. #1276
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,185
    Thanks
    270
    Thanked 884 Times in 593 Posts
    Smith Jr. should play everyday when the team gives up eventually. Maybe they have something there. If not, at least he was given a real shot.

  15. #1277
    Big Leaguer bones10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,571
    Thanks
    243
    Thanked 221 Times in 174 Posts
    Why were sources saying Donaldson and Tulo would be back on Monday, if they are both not close.

  16. #1278
    MVP Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Shambles
    Posts
    13,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    As bad as Cecilliani is, I think promoting him as strictly a pinch runner or emergency defensive replacement would be sensible and fairly probable.
    He doesn't deserve to be on a roster. He has done nothing to warrant major league service time. And doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant a limited role either.

    Give the 40-man spot to Smith Jr. Former first round pick and might actually be a decent long term option. He could play regularly. And Zeke can go back to filling the role you want Cecilliani to fill. Or with Morales out they can just put Bautista at DH or whatever.

  17. #1279
    MVP Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Shambles
    Posts
    13,649
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bones10 View Post
    Why were sources saying Donaldson and Tulo would be back on Monday, if they are both not close.
    It appears to be Wild speculation by Gibbons. Tulo made the trip to Toronto. I don't know if Donaldson did but I have seen Tulo for sure. Seems odd to make the trip from Florida if he's still rehabbing.

  18. #1280
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    4,597
    Thanks
    1,508
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 774 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    He doesn't deserve to be on a roster. He has done nothing to warrant major league service time. And doesn't bring enough to the table to warrant a limited role either.

    Give the 40-man spot to Smith Jr. Former first round pick and might actually be a decent long term option. He could play regularly. And Zeke can go back to filling the role you want Cecilliani to fill. Or with Morales out they can just put Bautista at DH or whatever.
    In all likelihood, if Morales is out, we'll see Pearce and Zeke starting fulltime with someone like Cecilliani on the bench (it's amazing I don't even have to mention Smoak has he's already somehow a fulltime player). The reality is the season's down the tubes and as such, I'd rather Smith Jr. play LF regularly and Leblebijian play 3rd until JD is back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •