• BOS 1
    ATL 7
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY 3
    LAA 1
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • TB 8
    BAL 3
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • DET 3
    CWS 2
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • CLE 10
    HOU 9
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIA 2
    WSH 5
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • PIT 4
    STL 6
    Final
    1:35 PM ET
  • PHI 3
    TOR 5
    Final
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL 8
    NYM 7
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • TEX 3
    KC 5
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • COL 8
    CIN 2
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
  • OAK 2
    ARI 1
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA 3
    MIN 1
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAD 6
    SD 1
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • CHC 3
    SF 3
    In Progress
    Top 3rd
Page 179 of 180 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180 LastLast
Results 2,849 to 2,864 of 2877

Thread: General 2017 Blue Jays Discussion Thread

  1. #2849
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 349 Times in 166 Posts

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to jerb For This Useful Post:

    Spanky99 (12-05-2017)

  3. #2850
    MVP
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,286
    Thanks
    852
    Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerb View Post
    I think I read before that they were considering selling it to an affiliated entity or something, which would take it off Rogers books while allowing them to invest more in the team. I hope it's not sold to an outside interest though, because Rogers offers us really great ownership stability.

  4. #2851
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    44,861
    Thanks
    45,930
    Thanked 8,842 Times in 6,783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I think I read before that they were considering selling it to an affiliated entity or something, which would take it off Rogers books while allowing them to invest more in the team. I hope it's not sold to an outside interest though, because Rogers offers us really great ownership stability.
    Wasn't it MLSE? That was quite a while back, though.

  5. #2852
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,980
    Thanks
    722
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,553 Posts
    There would be some big benefits to selling the team from the Blue Jays perspective. They could put the TV rights on the open market and get a pretty big chunk of $. Plus they could sell the naming rights to the stadium.

    I hope the new owner is hands off though and lets management do their job. Last thing we need is a Eugene Melnyk or Peter Angelos.

  6. #2853
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    568
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 101 Times in 57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    There would be some big benefits to selling the team from the Blue Jays perspective. They could put the TV rights on the open market and get a pretty big chunk of $. Plus they could sell the naming rights to the stadium.

    I hope the new owner is hands off though and lets management do their job. Last thing we need is a Eugene Melnyk or Peter Angelos.
    Who can you sell the rights to? American advertisers don't give a shit about Canadian viewers. Leaving Bell and Rodgers to probably cheap out and split a TV package.

  7. #2854
    DONOR BigCecil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    7,109
    Thanks
    2,140
    Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,918 Posts
    Just read morrow got a 2/21mm deal. Amazing that guy came back like he has. Really happy for him. Always had the stuff. Injuries and command issues. He looked great last year. Good for him. Will always remember that ball bouncing just past Hill to lose his no hit bid. What a game he threw.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

    Deadpool (12-11-2017),Spanky99 (12-11-2017),Terminator (12-15-2017)

  9. #2855
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 349 Times in 166 Posts

  10. #2856
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    BAM...what is it?

  11. #2857
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 349 Times in 166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shart View Post
    BAM...what is it?
    It's the streaming media unit created by Major League Baseball. Disney bought a large share of it:

    http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/08/09/...ee-none-of-it/

  12. #2858
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,287
    Thanks
    2,044
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerb View Post
    It's the streaming media unit created by Major League Baseball. Disney bought a large share of it:

    http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/08/09/...ee-none-of-it/
    Time out. Is this jerb's first actual written post? I thought he was some fingerless mutant who could only communicate via twitter feeds.

    Last edited by Brownie19; 12-15-2017 at 03:10 PM.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    P2F (12-15-2017),Spanky99 (12-15-2017)

  14. #2859
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 349 Times in 166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Time out. Is this jerb's first actual written post? I thought he some finger less mutant who could only communicate via twitter feeds.
    I just grew some fingers.


  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jerb For This Useful Post:

    Orgfiller (12-15-2017),P2F (12-20-2017),Spanky99 (12-15-2017)

  16. #2860
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    101
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerb View Post
    I just grew some fingers.

    Toes too?

  17. #2861
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    12,779
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Tim Raines has left the Jays for an Ambassador position with the White Sox.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  18. #2862
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,287
    Thanks
    2,044
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    Tim Raines has left the Jays for an Ambassador position with the White Sox.
    Well now who's gonna supply the boys with cocaine?

  19. #2863
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    852
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 350 Times in 198 Posts
    Did Raines talk to Marcus Stroman first? #communication

  20. #2864
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Boxcar trigger warning: It looks like the Blue Jays are hiring a woman as their head athletic trainer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •