Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jerb For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-05-2017)

MVP
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,592 Times in 1,929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jerb View Post
    I think I read before that they were considering selling it to an affiliated entity or something, which would take it off Rogers books while allowing them to invest more in the team. I hope it's not sold to an outside interest though, because Rogers offers us really great ownership stability.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,933 Times in 6,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    I think I read before that they were considering selling it to an affiliated entity or something, which would take it off Rogers books while allowing them to invest more in the team. I hope it's not sold to an outside interest though, because Rogers offers us really great ownership stability.
    Wasn't it MLSE? That was quite a while back, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,508 Posts
    There would be some big benefits to selling the team from the Blue Jays perspective. They could put the TV rights on the open market and get a pretty big chunk of $. Plus they could sell the naming rights to the stadium.

I hope the new owner is hands off though and lets management do their job. Last thing we need is a Eugene Melnyk or Peter Angelos.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    There would be some big benefits to selling the team from the Blue Jays perspective. They could put the TV rights on the open market and get a pretty big chunk of $. Plus they could sell the naming rights to the stadium.

I hope the new owner is hands off though and lets management do their job. Last thing we need is a Eugene Melnyk or Peter Angelos.
    Who can you sell the rights to? American advertisers don't give a shit about Canadian viewers. Leaving Bell and Rodgers to probably cheap out and split a TV package.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,009 Times in 1,904 Posts
    Just read morrow got a 2/21mm deal. Amazing that guy came back like he has. Really happy for him. Always had the stuff. Injuries and command issues. He looked great last year. Good for him. Will always remember that ball bouncing just past Hill to lose his no hit bid. What a game he threw.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigCecil For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (Today),Spanky99 (Today)