Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at the brief history of Mark Shapiro's Blue Jays, till now and moving forward

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    upvotes are addictive
    I know that I use it purely as a news source because I'm too old to learn to twitter or anything like that. It's a lot faster than going into the threads here and digging through it. I prefer to do that when I can sit down and spend a bit of time doing something instead of just wanting to see if something has happened while I'm seeing what people in Ottawa are complaining about now.

DONOR
    Thanks
    It's worth noting that Darwin Barney was arbitration eligible. People often cite this as a good move, when it was basically a no-brainer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    How do you get upvotes when you're the only smarty pants in a sea of retards?

E: retards who don't know that they're retards, that is
    So that's where Twisted was hanging out after his hiatus from BJMB last year. Reddit is awful reading and a waste of time.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks
    If this was meant for Reddit, where's the tldr?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    Reddit is awful reading and a waste of time.
    I enjoyed reading the meltdowns after EE signed with the Tribe. Damn casuals!

..its been a slow offseason. don't judge me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    So that's where Twisted was hanging out after his hiatus from BJMB last year. Reddit is awful reading and a waste of time.
    The only bit I read is askreddit which sometimes has interesting stories posted.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 1,629 Posts
    The Feldman thing doesn't need to be neutral; the whole day of August 1 needs a gold star. Maybe the best day of Shatkins' tenure?

Feldman obviously didn't do a lot down the stretch but the rationale of using him to replace Chavez after flipping Chavez for Bolsinger (who was a replacement for Hutch, who himself got flipped for Liriano + two prospects) seemed reasonable to me.
    Last edited by intentional wok; 01-11-2017 at 03:14 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to intentional wok For This Useful Post:

baubau (01-11-2017),KingKat (01-11-2017),Nafro (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 1,374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    I know that I use it purely as a news source because I'm too old to learn to twitter or anything like that. It's a lot faster than going into the threads here and digging through it. I prefer to do that when I can sit down and spend a bit of time doing something instead of just wanting to see if something has happened while I'm seeing what people in Ottawa are complaining about now.
    Yeah, it's pretty good for news and I find it to be a more laidback environment. I mean, the GDTs and most of the general discussion is just as shitty as it gets here but the overall atmosphere is not as hardcore and it's so big that if you say something dumb, nobody will know about it an hour later. Forums are much more unforgiving in that regard. It's a lot easier to develop a reputation and one slip up can get people coming after you for months, even years in some cases.

The most appealing thing to me though is that there's a lot of crossover between communities. A lot more things to discuss with a lot more people to discuss them with. Posting there is what got me into NBA and NHL and it's pretty much my #1 news source now for world events and things like that.

All that said, I definitely see why it's unappealing to a lot of people. I had a pretty bad perception of it myself, but after I left here it was the most active Jays community around so I just chose to dig in. Was a really pleasant change of pace becoming a nobody and getting a fresh start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Roy Firestone makes me weak in the knees.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,829 Times in 1,374 Posts

I think I might actually hate this person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Torontoblue...piros/dca1c4r/
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Roy Firestone makes me weak in the knees.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TwistedLogic For This Useful Post:

KingKat (01-11-2017),Sorrow (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    I actually read some of the comments you got off reddit and they weren't nearly as bad as I expected.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

TwistedLogic (01-11-2017)

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    I think I might actually hate this person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Torontoblue...piros/dca1c4r/
    I am a little disappointed you hate my Reddit alter ego.....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafro For This Useful Post:

TwistedLogic (01-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,100 Posts
    It's funny you put the Justin Smoak signing as a footnote. It's a pretty bad fuck up.
    Fuck Taylor Swift

All Star
    Thanks
    The Smoak extension was awful at the time, and looks about 100 times worse now. If he were a free agent right now he'd get a minor league deal at best. That's pretty bad.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,960 Times in 6,559 Posts
    Good thread.

Idiots of the forum: remember when you ran this guy of the board for no good reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 1,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    It's funny you put the Justin Smoak signing as a footnote. It's a pretty bad fuck up.
    I think it was defensible at the time since when has a slugger's market ever cratered like this? Jays easily could have ended up with no one to play 1st. I think ensuring your squad has as many actual players on it as possible before entering a weak FA market is fine.

Whether they let Smoak become a sunk cost that blocks better acquisitions is a different story though. Probably no way to prove it since not landing another 1B could be attributed to "no one wants to come here".

Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Good thread.

Idiots of the forum: remember when you ran this guy of the board for no good reason?
    I don't really know this Twisted feller at all or why he got pitchforked out of town but I'd absolutely vote for him as best newcomer if I took part in the board popularity votes.

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    I think it was defensible at the time since when has a slugger's market ever cratered like this? Jays easily could have ended up with no one to play 1st. I think ensuring your squad has as many actual players on it as possible before entering a weak FA market is fine.

Whether they let Smoak become a sunk cost that blocks better acquisitions is a different story though. Probably no way to prove it since not landing another 1B could be attributed to "no one wants to come here".

I don't really know this Twisted feller at all or why he got pitchforked out of town but I'd absolutely vote for him as best newcomer if I took part in the board popularity votes.

It's actually pretty easy to find someone to play first and have the production smoak has