• BOS 1
    ATL 7
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • NYY 3
    LAA 1
    Final
    1:05 PM ET
  • TB 8
    BAL 3
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • DET 3
    CWS 2
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • CLE 10
    HOU 9
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIA 2
    WSH 5
    Final
    1:10 PM ET
  • PIT 4
    STL 6
    Final
    1:35 PM ET
  • PHI 3
    TOR 5
    Final
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL 8
    NYM 7
    Final
    2:10 PM ET
  • TEX 3
    KC 5
    Final
    3:05 PM ET
  • COL 8
    CIN 2
    Final
    3:10 PM ET
  • OAK 2
    ARI 1
    Final
    4:05 PM ET
  • SEA 3
    MIN 1
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAD 6
    SD 1
    Final
    4:10 PM ET
  • CHC 3
    SF 3
    In Progress
    Top 3rd
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 75

Thread: A look at the brief history of Mark Shapiro's Blue Jays, till now and moving forward

  1. #17
    Blue Chip Prospect Sorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    967
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 270 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    upvotes are addictive
    I know that I use it purely as a news source because I'm too old to learn to twitter or anything like that. It's a lot faster than going into the threads here and digging through it. I prefer to do that when I can sit down and spend a bit of time doing something instead of just wanting to see if something has happened while I'm seeing what people in Ottawa are complaining about now.

  2. #18
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sault Ste. Marie
    Posts
    4,374
    Thanks
    540
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 734 Posts
    It's worth noting that Darwin Barney was arbitration eligible. People often cite this as a good move, when it was basically a no-brainer.

  3. #19
    Big Leaguer Maahfaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kitchener, ON
    Posts
    3,371
    Thanks
    1,738
    Thanked 709 Times in 507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    How do you get upvotes when you're the only smarty pants in a sea of retards?

    E: retards who don't know that they're retards, that is
    So that's where Twisted was hanging out after his hiatus from BJMB last year. Reddit is awful reading and a waste of time.
    I donít suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

  4. #20
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    3,136
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 853 Times in 594 Posts
    If this was meant for Reddit, where's the tldr?

  5. #21
    Big Leaguer baubau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2,976
    Thanks
    1,618
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 593 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    Reddit is awful reading and a waste of time.
    I enjoyed reading the meltdowns after EE signed with the Tribe. Damn casuals!



    ..its been a slow offseason. don't judge me.

  6. #22
    Big Leaguer Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    3,136
    Thanks
    431
    Thanked 853 Times in 594 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maahfaace View Post
    So that's where Twisted was hanging out after his hiatus from BJMB last year. Reddit is awful reading and a waste of time.
    The only bit I read is askreddit which sometimes has interesting stories posted.

  7. #23
    MVP intentional wok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,018
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,873 Posts
    The Feldman thing doesn't need to be neutral; the whole day of August 1 needs a gold star. Maybe the best day of Shatkins' tenure?

    Feldman obviously didn't do a lot down the stretch but the rationale of using him to replace Chavez after flipping Chavez for Bolsinger (who was a replacement for Hutch, who himself got flipped for Liriano + two prospects) seemed reasonable to me.
    Last edited by intentional wok; 01-11-2017 at 03:14 AM.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to intentional wok For This Useful Post:

    baubau (01-11-2017),KingKat (01-11-2017),Nafro (01-11-2017)

  9. #24
    All Star TwistedLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,102
    Thanks
    1,190
    Thanked 3,332 Times in 1,565 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    I know that I use it purely as a news source because I'm too old to learn to twitter or anything like that. It's a lot faster than going into the threads here and digging through it. I prefer to do that when I can sit down and spend a bit of time doing something instead of just wanting to see if something has happened while I'm seeing what people in Ottawa are complaining about now.
    Yeah, it's pretty good for news and I find it to be a more laidback environment. I mean, the GDTs and most of the general discussion is just as shitty as it gets here but the overall atmosphere is not as hardcore and it's so big that if you say something dumb, nobody will know about it an hour later. Forums are much more unforgiving in that regard. It's a lot easier to develop a reputation and one slip up can get people coming after you for months, even years in some cases.

    The most appealing thing to me though is that there's a lot of crossover between communities. A lot more things to discuss with a lot more people to discuss them with. Posting there is what got me into NBA and NHL and it's pretty much my #1 news source now for world events and things like that.

    All that said, I definitely see why it's unappealing to a lot of people. I had a pretty bad perception of it myself, but after I left here it was the most active Jays community around so I just chose to dig in. Was a really pleasant change of pace becoming a nobody and getting a fresh start.

  10. #25
    All Star TwistedLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,102
    Thanks
    1,190
    Thanked 3,332 Times in 1,565 Posts

    I think I might actually hate this person.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Torontoblue...piros/dca1c4r/

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TwistedLogic For This Useful Post:

    KingKat (01-11-2017),Sorrow (01-11-2017)

  12. #26
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    6,287
    Thanks
    2,044
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 1,145 Posts
    I actually read some of the comments you got off reddit and they weren't nearly as bad as I expected.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Brownie19 For This Useful Post:

    TwistedLogic (01-11-2017)

  14. #27
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,397
    Thanks
    1,336
    Thanked 525 Times in 342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    I think I might actually hate this person.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Torontoblue...piros/dca1c4r/
    I am a little disappointed you hate my Reddit alter ego.....

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafro For This Useful Post:

    TwistedLogic (01-11-2017)

  16. #28
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,383
    Thanks
    662
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,177 Posts
    It's funny you put the Justin Smoak signing as a footnote. It's a pretty bad fuck up.
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  17. #29
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,221
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 765 Posts
    The Smoak extension was awful at the time, and looks about 100 times worse now. If he were a free agent right now he'd get a minor league deal at best. That's pretty bad.

  18. #30
    Mod | DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    26,853
    Thanks
    3,987
    Thanked 13,836 Times in 8,200 Posts
    Good thread.

    Idiots of the forum: remember when you ran this guy of the board for no good reason?
    jays4life19 ban counter: 3

  19. #31
    MVP intentional wok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    8,018
    Thanks
    2,201
    Thanked 3,114 Times in 1,873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    It's funny you put the Justin Smoak signing as a footnote. It's a pretty bad fuck up.
    I think it was defensible at the time since when has a slugger's market ever cratered like this? Jays easily could have ended up with no one to play 1st. I think ensuring your squad has as many actual players on it as possible before entering a weak FA market is fine.

    Whether they let Smoak become a sunk cost that blocks better acquisitions is a different story though. Probably no way to prove it since not landing another 1B could be attributed to "no one wants to come here".

    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Good thread.

    Idiots of the forum: remember when you ran this guy of the board for no good reason?
    I don't really know this Twisted feller at all or why he got pitchforked out of town but I'd absolutely vote for him as best newcomer if I took part in the board popularity votes.

  20. #32
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by intentional wok View Post
    I think it was defensible at the time since when has a slugger's market ever cratered like this? Jays easily could have ended up with no one to play 1st. I think ensuring your squad has as many actual players on it as possible before entering a weak FA market is fine.

    Whether they let Smoak become a sunk cost that blocks better acquisitions is a different story though. Probably no way to prove it since not landing another 1B could be attributed to "no one wants to come here".



    I don't really know this Twisted feller at all or why he got pitchforked out of town but I'd absolutely vote for him as best newcomer if I took part in the board popularity votes.



    It's actually pretty easy to find someone to play first and have the production smoak has

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •