• LAD
    SF
    Preview
    9:10 PM ET
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Cooking Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,731 Posts
    I believe what I used was Harmony Organic Non-homogenized Whole Milk.
    "if this board died it would objectively be a good thing - NJH"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,708 Times in 4,808 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKat View Post
    I believe what I used was Harmony Organic Non-homogenized Whole Milk.
    In this video, he uses a milk that seems very similar to the one you described.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    You sound dedicated to bit. My advice to you is get your hands on the right kind of gloves. Straining hot cheese with your bear hands is not fun. An oven mitt it too unwieldy but a latex glove won't give you any insulation. You need something in between like maybe a dish washing glove. Other than that, I'd probably send you all the stuff I have for cheap. I don't think I'm going to give it another go.

Thanks
    You sound dedicated to bit. My advice to you is get your hands on the right kind of gloves. Straining hot cheese with your bear hands is not fun. An oven mitt it too unwieldy but a latex glove won't give you any insulation. You need something in between like maybe a dish washing glove. Other than that, I'd probably send you all the stuff I have for cheap. I don't think I'm going to give it another go.
    Sure, I'll take your stuff. I am just curious though: in all of the videos I've watched, he never takes the cheese above 38 degrees prior to straining because you kill the bacterial culture above that. How hot were you getting the cheese, exactly?
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

Thanks
    Sure, I'll take your stuff. I am just curious though: in all of the videos I've watched, he never takes the cheese above 38 degrees prior to straining because you kill the bacterial culture above that. How hot were you getting the cheese, exactly?
    This was like 5 years ago at least. Detalis are pretty fuzzy. I remember that I was monitoring temperatures closely and following instructions from Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Dear Boxy,

I will give you some money from my wallet if you make me this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bzzOLT_mmc0

Thanks
    Thanked 7,673 Times in 5,891 Posts
    http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/sto...g&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks
    oh cool, one glove for 25 dollars. You sure know a bargain when you see one, Spank.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P2F View Post
    Dear Boxy,

I will give you some money from my wallet if you make me this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bzzOLT_mmc0
    interesting I guess even though her instructions don't make much sense. I'd like to find a better instructional video. Has she ever heard of a colander?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,673 Times in 5,891 Posts
    oh cool, one glove for 25 dollars. You sure know a bargain when you see one, Spank.
    That thing's the cats ass, man. 20 bucks at Canadian Tire... do they sell Kevlar gloves for cheaper?

Edit: And go fuck yourself, meat.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,195 Posts

Reminds me of the cheese channel in the British shithole hotel in European Vacation.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    That thing's the cats ass, man. 20 bucks at Canadian Tire... do they sell Kevlar gloves for cheaper?

Edit: And go fuck yourself, meat.
    I got one for Christmas a few year back. It's pretty HANDY, yuck, yuck. I don't think it would be that great for this purpose though. Still a bit too bulky and it would be a pain to clean off afterwards.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKat For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (04-14-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    My biggest shame in life is that I prefer Aunt Jemima's to Real Maple Syrup
    This is old, but I'm going to provide you with some company. I recently couldn't find maple syrup at my local grocery store, so I got a bottle of Aunt Jemima instead and I found that I really do much prefer it. I think my biggest issue with maple syrup on pancakes is that it's sickeningly sweet and the Aunt Jemima syrup is just right. It provides sweetness and flavour but doesn't overwhelm.

another point in its favour is that picking Aunt J over maple syrup makes you inherently less racist

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

TholesWeirdEye (06-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,022 Posts
    This is old, but I'm going to provide you with some company. I recently couldn't find maple syrup at my local grocery store, so I got a bottle of Aunt Jemima instead and I found that I really do much prefer it. I think my biggest issue with maple syrup on pancakes is that it's sickeningly sweet and the Aunt Jemima syrup is just right. It provides sweetness and flavour but doesn't overwhelm.

another point in its favour is that picking Aunt J over maple syrup makes you inherently less racist
    Wow, I actually agree with both of you. I always felt like an outcast for this - and undoubtedly still am - but at least I have company now!

Thanks
    Heston Blumenthal is a god.

I really want to try making those Scotch eggs but I have tried his poached egg method and it works perfectly every single time.

All the episodes of this show are the best. Making his roast chicken tonight and I love how he dives into the science of cooking.

Thanks
    Ok, this is some real talk.

I made these french fries along with his version of roast chicken for dinner tonight, and I implore anyone who enjoys a good fry to make these. They were hands down the best fries I've ever had and nothing comes close. You crunch into them and they just melt in your mouth without being greasy at all. They take time but 100% worth it, you will not find anything made out of potato that is better than these.

The roast chicken was unbelievably juicy and moist. Heston's methods are absolutely perfect and he's obtained all of them through trial and error. I also use his method for poaching eggs and they also come out perfect every time.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

P2F (06-29-2017)