Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 2017 BREAKOUT ALERT.. Kevin Pillar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 987 Posts
    This year isn't the time to trade Pillar, but I'd get his name out there at the deadline if we aren't in it, or the following OS. His value is so tied to putting up huge defensive seasons that I can see a sharp decline when it happens and he'll be going into his age 30 season after next year.

But man what an unappreciated gift this guy has been. 9.5 WAR for league min and another projected <3.0 WAR this year for ~4M.

JBJ's value will be an interesting test case for value. Another defensive wiz, but with much more offensive upside (and less on the defensive side).

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,967 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r0s View Post
    This year isn't the time to trade Pillar, but I'd get his name out there at the deadline if we aren't in it, or the following OS. His value is so tied to putting up huge defensive seasons that I can see a sharp decline when it happens and he'll be going into his age 30 season after next year.

But man what an unappreciated gift this guy has been. 9.5 WAR for league min and another projected <3.0 WAR this year for ~4M.

JBJ's value will be an interesting test case for value. Another defensive wiz, but with much more offensive upside (and less on the defensive side).
    All defense guys have been underpaid for years if you look at salary vs WAR, largely because arbitration awards do not factor in defense at all when determining what number is chosen so there's never a precedent for these guys to get what they're actually worth.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

3. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-11-2017)