Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 2017 BREAKOUT ALERT.. Kevin Pillar

Thanks
    Thanked 7,933 Times in 6,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    - feels the need to make a post in all caps, proclaiming a KP BREAKOUT
    - projects a 110 wRC+ based on the Gruber method (top secret)
    - unwilling to take a bet unless the mark is TWENTY PERCENT worse than his own fucking prediction that he felt the need to make a thread about.
    - no one takes him seriously due to mental challenges, proceeds to take the stupid man's approach of assuming that everyone other than him is dumb.

Gruber, you're a special one, man. Strap on your velcro shoes and make your mark on the world, my friend.
    Gold Jerry, Gold!
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Yup, thread's off the charts! lol
    Lol.. I'd be willing to bet everything i own in a race vs Bautista. I'm telling you seriously, he has no chance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saskjayfan View Post
    He's going to be a free agent in three years. He's set to make about 4 mil this year. He's more than earning his salary.
    Trade him then, he'll be worthless by the time the jays are good again. Declining defense and a replacement level bat.
    I think the Trump presidency has been a smashing success so far, tbh.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Trade him then, he'll be worthless by the time the jays are good again. Declining defense and a replacement level bat.
    Too early meat, he won't return much. Same as last season when you said this, best to use his BSR and Defense as value to the club.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Too early meat, he won't return much. Same as last season when you said this, best to use his BSR and Defense as value to the club.
    He would return at least a B prospect in A ball. Better than nothing. He's a scrub. Jays have internal options might be slightly worse, possibly better.

Thanks
    He would return at least a B prospect in A ball. Better than nothing. He's a scrub. Jays have internal options might be slightly worse, possibly better.
    Name them? 3 fWAR players right?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 808 Posts
    I love how Jim manages to turn this clusterfuck fail thread about Pillar into me thinking Pillar is a slam dunk HOFer in two posts. He has a knack for this.

If all the Jays can get for Pillar is a b-rate A-baller they absolutely need to keep him on the MLB roster which is already thin on OF depth especially on the glove side. Pillar is worth more to this team than a scrub prospect, shit. AT LEAST wait to July to make that kind of decision, if it unfortunately warrants being made.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,919 Times in 4,939 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    I love how Jim manages to turn this clusterfuck fail thread about Pillar into me thinking Pillar is a slam dunk HOFer in two posts. He has a knack for this.

If all the Jays can get for Pillar is a b-rate A-baller they absolutely need to keep him on the MLB roster which is already thin on OF depth especially on the glove side. Pillar is worth more to this team than a scrub prospect, shit. AT LEAST wait to July to make that kind of decision, if it unfortunately warrants being made.
    If Jim were GM, pretty sure we wouldn't even have a team to take the field because everyone would be liquidized into prospects because reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-07-2017)

Big Leaguer
    Thanks
    If Jim were GM, pretty sure we wouldn't even have a team to take the field because everyone would be liquidized into prospects because reasons.
    But just think of all the short - season championship trophies we would have. Its what every org strives for....meaningful games in August, a buzz around instructional league games!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,919 Times in 4,939 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafro View Post
    But just think of all the short - season championship trophies we would have. It’s what every org strives for....meaningful games in August, a buzz around instructional league games!
    Don't forget our stacked DWL and AFL teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dinger View Post
    All black people have an obligation to their own people to not further their own systematic oppression. Go fuck yourself.

Thanks
    Nah, id Only trade the guys projected to be shit before the jays are good again or needing a mega contract. Pillar falls into the former category.

Alford would be about as good as Pillar, and projected to be above average reg by some. Longhagen or whatever his name is says Alford is better defensively now

Thanks
    Thanked 4,541 Times in 2,885 Posts
    Nah, i’d Only trade the guys projected to be shit before the jays are good again or needing a mega contract. Pillar falls into the former category.

Alford would be about as good as Pillar, and projected to be above average reg by some. Longhagen or whatever his name is says Alford is better defensively now
    Anyone that claims that Alford can be reasonably expected to be a better defender than Pillar right now is out of their minds, and their opinions going forward should be taken with a big grain of salt. Pretty sure all Eric Longenhagen said was that he expects Alford to be an above-average regular, something which Pillar is currently projected to be for next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (12-07-2017),Spanky99 (12-07-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    Anyone that claims that Alford can be reasonably expected to be a better defender than Pillar right now is out of their minds, and their opinions going forward should be taken with a big grain of salt. Pretty sure all Eric Longenhagen said was that he expects Alford to be an above-average regular, something which Pillar is currently projected to be for next season.
    I love how JC twists the truth to sound like he knows what he's talking about.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,541 Times in 2,885 Posts
    That's what he gets for spending so much time in the politics threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Orgfiller For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (12-07-2017)

Thanks
    symborski says alford projects as pillar's equal, longenhagen expects him to be an above average regular.

Trade pillar while he still has value cuz he will be shit when the jays are good again. Pretty obvious, meat.

Thanks
    symborski says alford projects as pillar's equal, longenhagen expects him to be an above average regular.

Trade pillar while he still has value cuz he will be shit when the jays are good again. Pretty obvious, meat.
    Projects to be Pillar's equal in the future, not '18, you thinking the Jays are going to punt this season is asinine? One more year of Pillar here isn't going to diminish Pillar's value, he's worth more on the roster than trade, is this hard, meat?