• NYY
    MIN
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • MIA
    NYM
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • DET
    OAK
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • SF
    COL
    Preview
    3:45 PM ET
  • BAL
    BOS
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • PHI
    LAD
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    MIL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    KC
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • TB
    CHC
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CIN
    STL
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ATL
    WSH
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • HOU
    CWS
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • SD
    ARI
    Preview
    9:10 PM ET
  • LAA
    CLE
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • SEA
    TEX
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 49 to 64 of 66

Thread: News from Dunedin

  1. #49
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,035
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spats View Post
    I'm not familiar with some of the players from the DSL but if there's someone you can think of, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for them. Gurriel is the only one I want to watch right now
    Mc Gregory Contreras
    Yorman Rodriguez
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

    Pendleton (04-19-2017)

  3. #50
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15,325
    Thanks
    5,754
    Thanked 10,265 Times in 6,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Mc Gregory Contreras
    Yorman Rodriguez
    Joseph Reyes - top 2016 IFA

  4. #51
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    I remember those 2 names now. Will keep an eye out for them.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    sdyment (05-05-2017)

  6. #52
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Joseph Reyes - top 2016 IFA
    I saw Reyes the other day but was watching Pentecost and Gurriel on another diamond...just noticed how big he looked. Will spend more time following him. Thanks.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    sdyment (05-05-2017)

  8. #53
    Prospect sdyment's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    319
    Thanked 72 Times in 32 Posts
    Just saw something about Gurriel leaving the game early tonight. Everything ok?

  9. #54
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Looks like I missed a good game tonight in Dunedin. Gurriel finally playing with the Baby Jays. Pentecost, Biggio and Kelly continue to hit...Perdomo with a good outing. Looking forward to watching Zeuch tomorrow.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    sdyment (05-05-2017)

  11. #55
    Big Leaguer 43211234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,000
    Thanks
    301
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdyment View Post
    Just saw something about Gurriel leaving the game early tonight. Everything ok?
    First game. Probably was always going to get pulled.

  12. #56
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 475 Times in 268 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 43211234 View Post
    First game. Probably was always going to get pulled.
    No, there is a tweet stating that he pulled up running to first base before being taken out.

  13. #57
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metafour View Post
    No, there is a tweet stating that he pulled up running to first base before being taken out.
    He was at extended due to a hamstring injury...maybe reinjured it. Really want to see him play a bit before I leave.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    sdyment (05-05-2017)

  15. #58
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Big surprise today at extended spring. Sanchez was throwing a bullpen sessions under many watchful eyes...staff and some of the young players. Threw quite a few pitches but unfortunately, he was in a restricted area, so didn't get a close look.may 4 17 029.jpg

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    sdyment (05-05-2017),Spanky99 (05-04-2017)

  17. #59
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Mc Gregory Contreras
    Yorman Rodriguez
    Saw both of these players today at extended spring.Only saw Contreras once and he laid down a sacrifice bunt...almost beat it out. Rodriguez is a beast...pretty agile for a big man at first...hit a double in the gap the only at bat I saw. They were on different diamonds, so it's hard to catch everything. The most impressive guy out there today was Mitch Nay who scalded the ball twice..maybe there's still hope. Will catch them again in Clearwater on Sat before heading North.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    sdyment (05-05-2017),SirBJay (05-04-2017),Spanky99 (05-04-2017)

  19. #60
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    1,688
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spats View Post
    Saw both of these players today at extended spring.Only saw Contreras once and he laid down a sacrifice bunt...almost beat it out. Rodriguez is a beast...pretty agile for a big man at first...hit a double in the gap the only at bat I saw. They were on different diamonds, so it's hard to catch everything. The most impressive guy out there today was Mitch Nay who scalded the ball twice..maybe there's still hope. Will catch them again in Clearwater on Sat before heading North.
    Mitch Nay still plays baseball. There's something I didn't know. Thanks for the updates Spats.

  20. #61
    Moderator KingKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    16,963
    Thanks
    14,139
    Thanked 5,842 Times in 3,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spats View Post
    Big surprise today at extended spring. Sanchez was throwing a bullpen sessions under many watchful eyes...staff and some of the young players. Threw quite a few pitches but unfortunately, he was in a restricted area, so didn't get a close look.may 4 17 029.jpg

    Geez... That looks super secretive.
    "if this board died it would objectively be a good thing - NJH"

  21. #62
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Good game tonight for the Dunedin Jays, especially for the Canadian content. Romano strikes out 9 tonight in 6 innings, topping out at 98 with his fastball and Panas wins it in the 10th with a homerun. Last game for me at Florida Auto Exchange before heading home on Sunday. Will be at the Trop tomorrow for the Jays game and in Clearwater Sat for extended spring.

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (05-06-2017),Ehjays (05-05-2017),John_Havok (05-05-2017),sdyment (05-05-2017),Spanky99 (05-05-2017)

  23. #63
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Niagara Falls
    Posts
    396
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 473 Times in 155 Posts
    Great night at the Trop yesterday. 7-11 promotion, so tickets were $7.11 for 300 level. Of course I sat behind home in the second deck instead. Parking was free on the street about 2 blocks from the stadium and because the Jays struck out 10 times, everyone got a free whopper combo from Burger King and the Jays came back to win. Gotta love baseball in Tampa.

    Was at the Phillies complex for extended spring this morning in time to see Yorman and F. Rodriguez go back to back deep to left field. Couldn't stay long as i'm leaving tomorrow. It's been an amazing 5 weeks.

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spats For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (05-06-2017),burlingtonbandit (05-07-2017),John_Havok (05-06-2017),P2F (05-06-2017),sdyment (05-06-2017),Spanky99 (05-06-2017)

  25. #64
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,035
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spats View Post
    Great night at the Trop yesterday. 7-11 promotion, so tickets were $7.11 for 300 level. Of course I sat behind home in the second deck instead. Parking was free on the street about 2 blocks from the stadium and because the Jays struck out 10 times, everyone got a free whopper combo from Burger King and the Jays came back to win. Gotta love baseball in Tampa.

    Was at the Phillies complex for extended spring this morning in time to see Yorman and F. Rodriguez go back to back deep to left field. Couldn't stay long as i'm leaving tomorrow. It's been an amazing 5 weeks.
    Thanks as always for the first hand info. If I could put 100 thanks on each post i would.
    ****FREE SPANKY****


  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John_Havok For This Useful Post:

    Brownie19 (05-06-2017),Spanky99 (05-06-2017),spats (05-06-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •