• NYY 4
    BAL 11
    In Progress
    Bottom 7th
  • WSH 3
    NYM 5
    In Progress
    Top 8th
  • TOR 3
    TB 3
    In Progress
    Top 8th
  • BOS 5
    CHC 2
    In Progress
    Bottom 6th
  • DET 3
    CWS 3
    In Progress
    Bottom 6th
  • MIA 1
    PIT 11
    In Progress
    Bottom 6th
  • CLE 1
    SEA 3
    In Progress
    Bottom 8th
  • TEX 1
    LAA 1
    In Progress
    Bottom 5th
  • MIL 4
    ATL 4
    In Progress
    Top 4th
  • HOU 3
    OAK 4
    In Progress
    Bottom 4th
  • STL 3
    CIN 1
    In Progress
    End 4th
  • KC 3
    MIN 2
    In Progress
    Bottom 4th
  • ARI 0
    COL 0
    Warmup
    9:40 PM ET
  • LAD 0
    PHI 0
    Pre-Game
    10:10 PM ET
  • SF 0
    SD 0
    Pre-Game
    10:15 PM ET
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 196

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays Rebuilding Thread

  1. #17
    All Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 243 Times in 179 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Love this thread. It's going to look so stupid in a month.
    You never know, we thought we were on top of the world in 2012 and we sucked badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastjaysfan View Post
    Do NOT bunt him to 2nd base

  2. #18
    Big Leaguer Caper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,113
    Thanks
    211
    Thanked 317 Times in 232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Love this thread. It's going to look so stupid in a month.
    I don't think. I think the organization is in fine shape. Just not the team on the field right now. It's a long slog to even .500 and I just think this team has too many holes in the lineup. Frankly, I'm glad it's going this bad. I hope it forces the hand of management.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Caper For This Useful Post:

    Krylian (04-15-2017)

  4. #19
    All Star Montreal_kid61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,658
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 307 Times in 263 Posts
    Can someone remind me why they gave an extension to Smoak but not to Eddy last year? We wouldn't suck so bad if we still had him on our side. His absence destabilized the lineup so bad.

  5. #20
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    612
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 319 Times in 180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreal_kid61 View Post
    Can someone remind me why they gave an extension to Smoak but not to Eddy last year? We wouldn't suck so bad if we still had him on our side. His absence destabilized the lineup so bad.
    Probably because there is a slight difference between an $8.25 million extension and a $100+ million extension (which is what it would have taken to extend EE before he hit free agency).

    And just LOL at claiming that EE would magically fix this team. Go look up his Cleveland stats please; he isn't doing shit either. Destabilized the lineup? Get the fuck out of here LOL.

  6. #21
    All Star Montreal_kid61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,658
    Thanks
    506
    Thanked 307 Times in 263 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metafour View Post
    Probably because there is a slight difference between an $8.25 million extension and a $100+ million extension (which is what it would have taken to extend EE before he hit free agency).

    And just LOL at claiming that EE would magically fix this team. Go look up his Cleveland stats please; he isn't doing shit either. Destabilized the lineup? Get the fuck out of here LOL.
    Nah, his presence protected other players in the lineup. It's pretty evident that they don't see good pitches to hit as they used to with him in the lineup, so you gtfo lmao

    You're right about the money tho, but thats still too much for Smoak

  7. #22
    DONOR Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 162 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    I don't know if Rogers will allow a rebuild though, that's my only fear.
    Yeah, I don't want to go back to the days of the team being mediocre. Of just missing out on a wild card birth. I'd rather they rebuild, especially since they have so much trouble attracting free agents, and the team isn't getting any younger.

  8. #23
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    6,070
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 1,505 Times in 962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to go back to the days of the team being mediocre. Of just missing out on a wild card birth. I'd rather they rebuild, especially since they have so much trouble attracting free agents, and the team isn't getting any younger.
    I don't think the Jays need to be bottom feeders for 3-4 years straight though to draft at the top of the pile.

    Trading guys like Happ, Estrada, Liriano, Donaldson, Bautista, Tulo (assuming those last 2 waive their no trades) plus pen arms (and I include Osuna)... should, in theory net more than just prospects. Maybe 2-3 roster players. Plus a few high prospects and they'd already be a few years ahead of drafting and waiting for 3+ years for them to start trickling in.

    If done right and the guys they get in trade don't all suck, a few strategic signings and the Jays could starting the upswing by 2019, just in time for Vlad Jr to arrive, rather than maybe 2021 or 2022.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  9. #24
    Top 100 Prospect ChrisS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 100 Times in 73 Posts
    I would trade Donaldson. I dont see the FO giving him a 6-7 year deal and neither should they for his age and the kind of money he will command. Better this than he walks away with us getting pretty much nothing in return.

    I would make Biagini, Osuna, Sanchez, Stroman and Pillar almost untouchable. Eat as much salary as we can and trade away the rest to acquire as many prospects as possible.

  10. #25
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    I would trade Donaldson. I dont see the FO giving him a 6-7 year deal and neither should they for his age and the kind of money he will command. Better this than he walks away with us getting pretty much nothing in return.

    I would make Biagini, Osuna, Sanchez, Stroman and Pillar almost untouchable. Eat as much salary as we can and trade away the rest to acquire as many prospects as possible.
    Wait what? Pillar is untouchable? If we go into full rebuild mode his name is on the list imo.

  11. #26
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    431
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 55 Times in 35 Posts
    I love how all the Rogers apologists are now in rebuild mode. You know they could have actually spent another $30 mil like a team with their market should have and they might be .500 or close to it with an actual chance to rebound. The writing was on the wall with the sept renewal for seasons and flex packs.

  12. #27
    Blue Chip Prospect bowld's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,098
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 57 Times in 40 Posts
    If this continues I am all for it. Just look at how young and loaded the Yankees got for trading away some quality vets

  13. #28
    Prospect george09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
    Were going to get a shit ton back from Donaldson. Look at what the White Sox got back from Eaton lol, we will get a huge haul back from Donaldson if we trade him

  14. #29
    All Star L54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    4,323
    Thanks
    587
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by george09 View Post
    Were going to get a shit ton back from Donaldson. Look at what the White Sox got back from Eaton lol, we will get a huge haul back from Donaldson if we trade him
    Eaton was certainly a more valuable trade chip than Donaldson. That being said, Donaldson would still bring in a nice haul.

    If the Jays are out of the playoff race, I'd strongly support selling pieces off and move towards a rebuild. There are enough pieces that could help expedite the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

  15. #30
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,475
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked 846 Times in 643 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    I would make Biagini, Osuna, Sanchez, Stroman and Pillar almost untouchable. Eat as much salary as we can and trade away the rest to acquire as many prospects as possible.
    Biagini is a reliever, so no.

    Pillar is getting old, so no.

    Osuna's arm isn't very durable, so no.

    Stro and Sanchize, maybe, but for the right offer, ciao.

  16. #31
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Pillar shouldn't be untouchable because he isn't good. Once he loses a step, he's a terrible, terrible player.

    Relievers can be replaced so sell high on them if you want to build.

  17. #32
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    15,921
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,412 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by george09 View Post
    Were going to get a shit ton back from Donaldson. Look at what the White Sox got back from Eaton lol, we will get a huge haul back from Donaldson if we trade him
    Whats the most likely destination? I can really only see the Mets being a team who has the pieces and a hole at 3rd base to trade for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •