SD
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays Rebuilding Thread

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Love this thread. It's going to look so stupid in a month.
    You never know, we thought we were on top of the world in 2012 and we sucked badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastjaysfan View Post
    Do NOT bunt him to 2nd base

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Love this thread. It's going to look so stupid in a month.
    I don't think. I think the organization is in fine shape. Just not the team on the field right now. It's a long slog to even .500 and I just think this team has too many holes in the lineup. Frankly, I'm glad it's going this bad. I hope it forces the hand of management.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Caper For This Useful Post:

Krylian (04-15-2017)

Thanks
    Can someone remind me why they gave an extension to Smoak but not to Eddy last year? We wouldn't suck so bad if we still had him on our side. His absence destabilized the lineup so bad.

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Montreal_kid61 View Post
    Can someone remind me why they gave an extension to Smoak but not to Eddy last year? We wouldn't suck so bad if we still had him on our side. His absence destabilized the lineup so bad.
    Probably because there is a slight difference between an $8.25 million extension and a $100+ million extension (which is what it would have taken to extend EE before he hit free agency).

And just LOL at claiming that EE would magically fix this team. Go look up his Cleveland stats please; he isn't doing shit either. Destabilized the lineup? Get the fuck out of here LOL.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by metafour View Post
    Probably because there is a slight difference between an $8.25 million extension and a $100+ million extension (which is what it would have taken to extend EE before he hit free agency).

And just LOL at claiming that EE would magically fix this team. Go look up his Cleveland stats please; he isn't doing shit either. Destabilized the lineup? Get the fuck out of here LOL.
    Nah, his presence protected other players in the lineup. It's pretty evident that they don't see good pitches to hit as they used to with him in the lineup, so you gtfo lmao

You're right about the money tho, but thats still too much for Smoak

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    I don't know if Rogers will allow a rebuild though, that's my only fear.
    Yeah, I don't want to go back to the days of the team being mediocre. Of just missing out on a wild card birth. I'd rather they rebuild, especially since they have so much trouble attracting free agents, and the team isn't getting any younger.

DONOR
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to go back to the days of the team being mediocre. Of just missing out on a wild card birth. I'd rather they rebuild, especially since they have so much trouble attracting free agents, and the team isn't getting any younger.
    I don't think the Jays need to be bottom feeders for 3-4 years straight though to draft at the top of the pile.

Trading guys like Happ, Estrada, Liriano, Donaldson, Bautista, Tulo (assuming those last 2 waive their no trades) plus pen arms (and I include Osuna)... should, in theory net more than just prospects. Maybe 2-3 roster players. Plus a few high prospects and they'd already be a few years ahead of drafting and waiting for 3+ years for them to start trickling in.

If done right and the guys they get in trade don't all suck, a few strategic signings and the Jays could starting the upswing by 2019, just in time for Vlad Jr to arrive, rather than maybe 2021 or 2022.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

Thanks
    I would trade Donaldson. I dont see the FO giving him a 6-7 year deal and neither should they for his age and the kind of money he will command. Better this than he walks away with us getting pretty much nothing in return.

I would make Biagini, Osuna, Sanchez, Stroman and Pillar almost untouchable. Eat as much salary as we can and trade away the rest to acquire as many prospects as possible.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    I would trade Donaldson. I dont see the FO giving him a 6-7 year deal and neither should they for his age and the kind of money he will command. Better this than he walks away with us getting pretty much nothing in return.

I would make Biagini, Osuna, Sanchez, Stroman and Pillar almost untouchable. Eat as much salary as we can and trade away the rest to acquire as many prospects as possible.
    Wait what? Pillar is untouchable? If we go into full rebuild mode his name is on the list imo.

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    I love how all the Rogers apologists are now in rebuild mode. You know they could have actually spent another $30 mil like a team with their market should have and they might be .500 or close to it with an actual chance to rebound. The writing was on the wall with the sept renewal for seasons and flex packs.

Thanks
    If this continues I am all for it. Just look at how young and loaded the Yankees got for trading away some quality vets

Thanks
    Were going to get a shit ton back from Donaldson. Look at what the White Sox got back from Eaton lol, we will get a huge haul back from Donaldson if we trade him

Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by george09 View Post
    Were going to get a shit ton back from Donaldson. Look at what the White Sox got back from Eaton lol, we will get a huge haul back from Donaldson if we trade him
    Eaton was certainly a more valuable trade chip than Donaldson. That being said, Donaldson would still bring in a nice haul.

If the Jays are out of the playoff race, I'd strongly support selling pieces off and move towards a rebuild. There are enough pieces that could help expedite the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    Biagini is a reliever, so no.

Pillar is getting old, so no.

Osuna's arm isn't very durable, so no.

Stro and Sanchize, maybe, but for the right offer, ciao.

Banned
    Thanks
    Pillar shouldn't be untouchable because he isn't good. Once he loses a step, he's a terrible, terrible player.

Relievers can be replaced so sell high on them if you want to build.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by george09 View Post
    Whats the most likely destination? I can really only see the Mets being a team who has the pieces and a hole at 3rd base to trade for him.