Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 48 of 1145

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays Rebuilding Thread

  1. #33
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,396
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 934 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Whats the most likely destination? I can really only see the Mets being a team who has the pieces and a hole at 3rd base to trade for him.
    Indians, Astros (Bregman and others coming to TO), Giants, Red Sox

    I am sure others would have interest in an MVP calibre 3B

    It would be great to take Panda off the Red Sox hands and get more of their prospects as compensation

    Too bad Pittsburg doesn't need a 3B, they have a loaded farm

    edit - Red Sox farm suxxx, so Donaldson for Panda, Benintendi, and Groome

  2. #34
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,359
    Thanks
    290
    Thanked 168 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
    I would trade Donaldson. I dont see the FO giving him a 6-7 year deal and neither should they for his age and the kind of money he will command. Better this than he walks away with us getting pretty much nothing in return.

    I would make Biagini, Osuna, Sanchez, Stroman and Pillar almost untouchable. Eat as much salary as we can and trade away the rest to acquire as many prospects as possible.
    Agreed except I don't see how Pillar's untouchable. In fact, given that he's still cheap, and he's good defensively, I'd trade him now if the Jays were going the rebuild route. Not too long from now he'll lose a step and be ordinary defensively while being a bad hitter.

  3. #35
    All Star Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,456
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamLindsMom View Post
    I love how all the Rogers apologists are now in rebuild mode. You know they could have actually spent another $30 mil like a team with their market should have and they might be .500 or close to it with an actual chance to rebound. The writing was on the wall with the sept renewal for seasons and flex packs.
    If you ever run for politics, remind me to never vote for you. You can't just spend your way out of problems.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

    wk680 (04-15-2017)

  5. #36
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,762
    Thanks
    3,505
    Thanked 12,288 Times in 7,366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Indians, Astros (Bregman and others coming to TO), Giants, Red Sox

    I am sure others would have interest in an MVP calibre 3B

    It would be great to take Panda off the Red Sox hands and get more of their prospects as compensation

    Too bad Pittsburg doesn't need a 3B, they have a loaded farm

    edit - Red Sox farm suxxx, so Donaldson for Panda, Benintendi, and Groome
    I think you're overstating Donaldson's value throwing out names like Bregman and Benintendi. I think you're looking at the tier just below that as headliners for a possible deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    baubau (04-15-2017)

  7. #37
    MVP LetTheBallFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,489
    Thanks
    6,458
    Thanked 670 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Whats the most likely destination? I can really only see the Mets being a team who has the pieces and a hole at 3rd base to trade for him.
    There really isn't a good trading partner right now. Most of all the top prospects are key parts of contending teams or on totally rebuilding teams that won't be trading them away....its really a wait and see how the season works out to see if a trading parter opens up
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

  8. #38
    MVP LetTheBallFly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9,489
    Thanks
    6,458
    Thanked 670 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I think you're overstating Donaldson's value throwing out names like Bregman and Benintendi. I think you're looking at the tier just below that as headliners for a possible deal.
    Completely disagree. We would get a Top Tier prospect for sure
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

  9. #39
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,396
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 934 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I think you're overstating Donaldson's value throwing out names like Bregman and Benintendi. I think you're looking at the tier just below that as headliners for a possible deal.
    Taking Panda off the Red Sox's hand counts for something? It would count for a LOT
    Last edited by Jimcanuck; 04-15-2017 at 11:14 AM.

  10. #40
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,554
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Indians, Astros (Bregman and others coming to TO), Giants, Red Sox

    I am sure others would have interest in an MVP calibre 3B

    It would be great to take Panda off the Red Sox hands and get more of their prospects as compensation

    Too bad Pittsburg doesn't need a 3B, they have a loaded farm

    edit - Red Sox farm suxxx, so Donaldson for Panda, Benintendi, and Groome
    The Red Sox were the team other than the Mets but I can't see that happening. They already have Sandoval like you said and if they're already leading the division I can't see them trading the prospects it would take. Especially when a guy like Frazier will be on the market at a much lower cost.

  11. #41
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,762
    Thanks
    3,505
    Thanked 12,288 Times in 7,366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Taking Panda off the Red Sox's hand counts for something?
    That's not a very Boston move. Sandoval has negative value, but I don't see the Red Sox pushing the return to Benintendi level to rid themselves of his contract. As the headliners of a deal, I think you'd be looking more at something like Groome and Devers, or Conforto and Rosario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    baubau (04-15-2017),wk680 (04-15-2017)

  13. #42
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,396
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 934 Times in 713 Posts
    Not a Boston move? They got rid of deadwood contracts just a few years ago, to LA.

    Getting rid of Sandoval sets them up to extend Mookie long term.

  14. #43
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,762
    Thanks
    3,505
    Thanked 12,288 Times in 7,366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Not a Boston move? They got rid of deadwood contracts just a few years ago, to LA.

    Getting rid of Sandoval sets them up to extend Mookie long term.
    Not a Boston move to give up a hugely valuable young MLB contributor with elite upside to save 45M over a 2.5 year stretch. I just don't think saving that cash moves the needle much for Boston when it comes to building a deal around him or guys like Groome and Devers. Players like Benintendi don't really ever get traded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    baubau (04-15-2017)

  16. #44
    Gameday Master fatcowxlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto!
    Posts
    18,164
    Thanks
    3,488
    Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    I think you're overstating Donaldson's value throwing out names like Bregman and Benintendi. I think you're looking at the tier just below that as headliners for a possible deal.
    No way, Donaldson is worth A LOT. Even if he is one year removed from FA, we've seen teams give up more for pending FA.

    However I do agree with you, taking on the negative Sandoval contract doesn't place a big value on a big market team like the Red Sox as it would a Miami or San Diego for instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by havok24 View Post
    1. Integrate the following function "Insert function"
    fatcow's answer: Beltran to 3B.

  17. #45
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,396
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 934 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Not a Boston move to give up a hugely valuable young MLB contributor with elite upside to save 45M over a 2.5 year stretch. I just don't think saving that cash moves the needle much for Boston when it comes to building a deal around him or guys like Groome and Devers. Players like Benintendi don't really ever get traded.
    don't agree with the last bit. Kris Bryant

  18. #46
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,554
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcowxlive View Post
    No way, Donaldson is worth A LOT. Even if he is one year removed from FA, we've seen teams give up more for pending FA.

    However I do agree with you, taking on the negative Sandoval contract doesn't place a big value on a big market team like the Red Sox as it would a Miami or San Diego for instance.
    Who out there is going to give up that to get him?

    CHC
    LAD
    WSH
    HOU
    CLE
    SEA

    All those teams already have 3rd baseman. The Giants don't have the prospects to get it done. Which only leaves the Red Sox and Mets. If BOS is up 5 Games in the division they don't need Donaldson really. Its pitching that gets a lot of value at the deadline, position players is more of an offseason trade.

    Obviously Donaldson is an MVP talent and will command a lot but I just can't see getting a crazy package when there are so few teams with a need.

  19. #47
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,396
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 934 Times in 713 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burlingtonbandit View Post
    Who out there is going to give up that to get him?

    CHC
    LAD
    WSH
    HOU
    CLE
    SEA

    All those teams already have 3rd baseman. The Giants don't have the prospects to get it done. Which only leaves the Red Sox and Mets. If BOS is up 5 Games in the division they don't need Donaldson really. Its pitching that gets a lot of value at the deadline, position players is more of an offseason trade.

    Obviously Donaldson is an MVP talent and will command a lot but I just can't see getting a crazy package when there are so few teams with a need.
    You flip the third basemen and pay for the Donaldson upgrade with prospects.

  20. #48
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,762
    Thanks
    3,505
    Thanked 12,288 Times in 7,366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    don't agree with the last bit. Kris Bryant
    wat
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.



  21. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    L54 (04-15-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •