• PIT
    CHC
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL
    TB
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • MIL
    CIN
    Preview
    7:40 PM ET
  • TEX
    MIN
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
  • CWS
    KC
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • COL
    WSH
    Preview
    8:40 PM ET
  • ARI
    SD
    Preview
    9:40 PM ET
  • LAA
    TOR
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • SF
    LAD
    Preview
    10:15 PM ET
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 196

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays Rebuilding Thread

  1. #1
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 224 Times in 159 Posts

    Toronto Blue Jays Rebuilding Thread

    Do you trade Donaldson in 2017? What kind of return to expect?
    What current players do you keep for rebuild?
    Who are the current farm players you develop the rebuild around?
    What pitching and positional prospects to acquire and draft for rebuild?

  2. #2
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,171
    Thanks
    534
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 759 Posts
    I do. They don't.

    I listen on anybody. There are no untouchables. Some they may have to pay through the nose though.

    You build around anyone who develops and shows themselves as potential pieces.

    Don't draft for need. Add talent wherever you can. We need talent everywhere.

  3. #3
    All Star
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,419
    Thanks
    265
    Thanked 838 Times in 638 Posts
    If the team still suxxx by end of May the Donaldson bidding war starts. Needs to be at least 2 top 100 prospects coming to the Jays, preferably guys at Vlad's level.

    Everyone on the current squad would be available.

    The rebuild centres around Vlad's ETA and the next few years beyond

  4. #4
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,120
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 867 Times in 580 Posts
    Well if the team is shit in 2017, then they'll probably be shit in 2018 as well. They have no prospects coming up, except maybe Tellez, and won't have two of their current five starters next year. If the team is out of it in June, then trade everyone. I don't know if Rogers will allow a rebuild though, that's my only fear.

  5. #5
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 224 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    I do. They don't.

    I listen on anybody. There are no untouchables. Some they may have to pay through the nose though.

    You build around anyone who develops and shows themselves as potential pieces.

    Don't draft for need. Add talent wherever you can. We need talent everywhere.
    Agree with trading Donaldson this year rather than in 2018. As great as donaldson is I don't want to give him $200mill+ going forward.

    I might keep Stro, Sanchez and perhaps Osuna. Everyone else can GTFO

  6. #6
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,195
    Thanks
    1,795
    Thanked 1,670 Times in 1,026 Posts
    How much does Donaldson get in FA? He's a little older than most premier players when they hit the market. What if we told him we would make him the highest paid play in baseball next season by foregoing his final year of arbitration and gave him 34 mil (one more than Kershaw) a year for 5 years. That's 5 years 170 million and would pay him through his age 36 season. Is there any chance he'd say yes to that?

  7. #7
    MVP Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Shambles
    Posts
    12,725
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Trade Candidates:

    Pitchers:
    Estrada (UFA)
    Grilli (UFA)
    Happ ($13M in 18)
    Howell (UFA)
    Liriano (UFA)
    Osuna (ARB 1)
    Smith (UFA)

    Position Players:
    Barney (UFA)
    Bautista (2 Mutual Options)
    Donaldson (ARB 3)
    Pearce ($6.25M in 18)
    Salty (UFA)
    Smoak ($4M in 18)

  8. #8
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 224 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    How much does Donaldson get in FA? He's a little older than most premier players when they hit the market. What if we told him we would make him the highest paid play in baseball next season by foregoing his final year of arbitration and gave him 34 mil (one more than Kershaw) a year for 5 years. That's 5 years 170 million and would pay him through his age 36 season. Is there any chance he'd say yes to that?
    I don't think you can prevent him for testing FA for anything less than 7 years.

  9. #9
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    Trade Candidates:

    Pitchers:
    Estrada (UFA)
    Grilli (UFA)
    Happ ($13M in 18)
    Howell (UFA)
    Liriano (UFA)
    Osuna (ARB 1)
    Smith (UFA)

    Position Players:
    Barney (UFA)
    Bautista (2 Mutual Options)
    Donaldson (ARB 3)
    Pearce ($6.25M in 18)
    Salty (UFA)
    Smoak ($4M in 18)
    You can potentially make a killing out of Estrada, Happ, Liriano, Osuna, Bautista, Donaldson and Pearce.

  10. #10
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 224 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekFatAss View Post
    You can potentially make a killing out of Estrada, Happ, Liriano, Osuna, Bautista, Donaldson and Pearce.
    Who else has no trade clauses other than Bautista?

  11. #11
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Who else has no trade clauses other than Bautista?
    None, no 10-5 guys other than Jose and per club policy we dont give NTC.

  12. #12
    Big Leaguer Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,968
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 652 Posts
    Love this thread. It's going to look so stupid in a month.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick_Pole For This Useful Post:

    GD (04-15-2017)

  14. #13
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,120
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 867 Times in 580 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Who else has no trade clauses other than Bautista?
    Tulo has one. Other than that, I think him and Bautista are it.

  15. #14
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,059
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,139 Posts
    I honestly hope we can get a quick 2 year rebuild like the Braves. Maybe we can get a new stadium while we're at it too.
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  16. #15
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick_Pole View Post
    Love this thread. It's going to look so stupid in a month.
    Probably and hopefully, but whats the harm in looking at a now seemingly more realistic outcome if this continues?

  17. #16
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 224 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekFatAss View Post
    Probably and hopefully, but whats the harm in looking at a now seemingly more realistic outcome if this continues?
    Oldest team in baseball and your veteran core and highest paid players on the team in Martin, Tulo and Bautista are in MAJOR decline. It is inevitable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •