LAA
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Blue Jays Rebuilding Thread

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Rosario, Conforto + for Donaldson? Come on, let's get some ideas going. It's going to be a long year. We'll have nothing better to talk about.
    Ya my initial thought was those two for Donaldson. But if we're rebuilding then we should be able to use future payroll to take some of the Mets' bad contracts for an even better package.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    So you have to go back 66 years.

I think anyone who thought this team was a contender now knows that this season is a write-off. And they should also realize that next year they'll​ just be one year older​ (and not better).
    Pretty much. I mean, we failed to make it to the World Series the past two seasons, and if we couldn't do it with those teams, we're not going to do it with this one. At least maybe the success of the Leafs rebuild will take out the sting for some fans.

Thanks
    Also see the Braves as a potential destination for Donaldson

Prospect
    Thanks
    Trade everyone except :

- Stroman
    - Sanchez
    - Osuna

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ProfessionalAtBat For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (04-17-2017)

Blue Chip Prospect
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalAtBat View Post
    Trade everyone except :

- Stroman
    - Sanchez
    - Osuna
    You might as well trade Osuna as well unless you're looking to turn him into a starter. There's really no point in hanging onto elite relievers on a rebuilding team.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 841 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayWay View Post
    You might as well trade Osuna as well unless you're looking to turn him into a starter. There's really no point in hanging onto elite relievers on a rebuilding team.
    I'd even listen on S & S. If someone really wants them badly they may overpay.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 897 Posts
    If we go into a rebuild - I'd trade Sanchez in a heartbeat. Pillar too.

Administrator
    Thanks
    The team has been hitting terribly but it's not like it's a terrible team. A couple timely hits and we're over .500 right now. We lost four games by one run and three games by two runs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    The team has been hitting terribly but it's not like it's a terrible team. A couple timely hits and we're over .500 right now. We lost four games by one run and three games by two runs.
    But no team has ever made the playoffs from this position. I mean you can hope for a miracle, but reality suggests the window has closed and with so much uncertainty moving forward, these are legitimate discussions to have. Plus they are fun.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,251 Times in 841 Posts
    Waiting much longer and you'll get even less for whatever tradeable assets you may have. I'd rather deal a guy a year too early than a year too late.

Thanks
    Its all pre-season until the all-star break.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    But no team has ever made the playoffs from this position. I mean you can hope for a miracle, but reality suggests the window has closed and with so much uncertainty moving forward, these are legitimate discussions to have. Plus they are fun.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Krylian View Post
    Waiting much longer and you'll get even less for whatever tradeable assets you may have. I'd rather deal a guy a year too early than a year too late.
    This is true and they waited too long to move Bautista / Tulo. Pitching carried the team to the postseason last year. Without JB or Tulo, they still make it or come close, but more importantly are better set up for future success. Now, they will get virtually nada in return for those players.

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    This is true and they waited too long to move Bautista / Tulo. Pitching carried the team to the postseason last year. Without JB or Tulo, they still make it or come close, but more importantly are better set up for future success. Now, they will get virtually nada in return for those players.
    IF JB can come around a bit he has value I would think. Tulo's contract makes him borderline unmovable.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    the 2011 redsox were 2 and 10 to open the season and finished 90 and 72 and missed the playoffs by one game after going through a collapse and ending the season 3 and 9 in their last 12 games.

Thanks
    Be silly to trade anyone now. Wait for contending teams to overpay in June/July. Will make a killing on Donaldson. Estrada would be a rental for someone. Would struggle to shift Tulo and Martin due to their contracts. In terms of "win now", id give us every chance to win something by changing the hitting coach and take a new approach. In a couple months I'd bring up Pompey and Tellez (assuming he continues to play well), to bring in some youth and give them some real game action.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to UKBlueJaysFan For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (04-17-2017)

Just Drafted
    Thanks
    Trading Pillar would make the major league team worse and likely not help the future major league teams. You're not going to get much for a defense only outfielder who is 28. He is a free agent at age 32 so Toronto can go year to year with him and non-tender him once his legs go. I don't see the point in subtracting a 2 or 3 WAR outfielder now unless you can get a haul.