• NYY
    BAL
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    TB
    Preview
    1:07 PM ET
  • DET
    CWS
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • MIA
    PIT
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • CLE
    SEA
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • WSH
    NYM
    Preview
    1:35 PM ET
  • MIL
    ATL
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • HOU
    OAK
    Preview
    2:10 PM ET
  • STL
    CIN
    Preview
    2:15 PM ET
  • KC
    MIN
    Preview
    2:15 PM ET
  • TEX
    LAA
    Preview
    3:05 PM ET
  • SF
    SD
    Preview
    4:05 PM ET
  • ARI
    COL
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • LAD
    PHI
    Preview
    4:10 PM ET
  • BOS
    CHC
    Preview
    8:05 PM ET
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 305 to 320 of 354

Thread: Blue Jays vs. Red Sox - 12:37 PM April 20 (3/3) - Everything is still bad

  1. #305
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,727
    Thanks
    3,223
    Thanked 11,569 Times in 6,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    He loves the Jays though so if no other MLB team signed him, my bet is he'd choose to play in Buffalo. Or back in the Dominican.
    Can we get a ban?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    Pendleton (04-20-2017)

  3. #306
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    6,075
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    He loves the Jays though so if no other MLB team signed him, my bet is he'd choose to play in Buffalo. Or back in the Dominican.
    Of all the possibilities, there is less than 0 chance Jose signs a minor league deal to play in Buffalo in 2018
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  4. #307
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    6,075
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 964 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Can we get a ban?
    I'm trying to educate here.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  5. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 53 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Havok View Post
    Of all the possibilities, there is less than 0 chance Jose signs a minor league deal to play in Buffalo in 2018
    Might be unlikely, but I wouldn't say it's less than zero chance. If he really loves the game...

  6. #309
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Shambles, Ontario
    Posts
    14,823
    Thanks
    5,718
    Thanked 9,893 Times in 5,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Can we get a ban?
    It's a good thing Spanky has been given a timeout for the past 48 hours so that Gary can stick around!

  7. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 53 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    It's a good thing Spanky has been given a timeout for the past 48 hours so that Gary can stick around!
    Same goes for you King!

  8. #311
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,439
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,065 Posts
    When rosters expand in September we should call-up the entire Lansing Lugnuts starting 9 and let them play out the season. Just go ahead and announce it now as well so we have something to look forward to.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    BTS (04-20-2017),LetTheBallFly (04-20-2017)

  10. #312
    Just Drafted
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    There is no way Jose is just pressing; something is wrong with him. He looks thin, sooooooooo old, etc. I don't even want to bitch at this point. Gibbons, however, needs the boot: he may not hit but his decision-making is suspect. Grilli did not had it, Salty is a horrible framer, we needed a strikeout or at least a non-walk! Roll the dice with someone else at that point.

  11. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 53 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyraven View Post
    There is no way Jose is just pressing; something is wrong with him. He looks thin, sooooooooo old, etc. I don't even want to bitch at this point. Gibbons, however, needs the boot: he may not hit but his decision-making is suspect. Grilli did not had it, Salty is a horrible framer, we needed a strikeout or at least a non-walk! Roll the dice with someone else at that point.
    I think the PED theory makes lots of sense.

  12. #314
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,439
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,065 Posts
    How about this you guys? He's old and he's in a slump. Simple as that.

  13. #315
    Blue Chip Prospect BlueJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    836
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 75 Times in 45 Posts
    4K for Bautista. Delicious.

  14. #316
    Prospect wk680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    How about this you guys? He's old and he's in a slump. Simple as that.
    But there is a difference between being in a slump that you know you will eventually break out of and having that sinking feeling that you just don't have it anymore. I believe he is mentally shot and whether he can regain his composure is in doubt.

  15. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    831
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 53 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wk680 View Post
    But there is a difference between being in a slump that you know you will eventually break out of and having that sinking feeling that you just don't have it anymore. I believe he is mentally shot and whether he can regain his composure is in doubt.
    Just imagine if this was his first year of that 5/150 contract.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary For This Useful Post:

    wk680 (04-20-2017)

  17. #318
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    5,439
    Thanks
    1,852
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wk680 View Post
    But there is a difference between being in a slump that you know you will eventually break out of and having that sinking feeling that you just don't have it anymore. I believe he is mentally shot and whether he can regain his composure is in doubt.
    Truthfully you've just used a bunch of words to say nothing.

    He's old and maybe he can't play well anymore or he's in a slump. Or maybe it's a bit of both. But I don't think he has some mental issues that will prevent him from playing well ever again. Even if he did you wouldn't be able to tell.

  18. #319
    Prospect wk680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Just imagine if this was his first year of that 5/150 contract.
    yes the BEST thing Atkins/Shapiro ever did so far was not signing JB to a long-term contract. Possibly the worst thing they did so far was signing him to a 1 year contract. They should have stuck by their guns and kept the page turned on the Bautista era as they had intended when the season ended

  19. #320
    Prospect wk680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Truthfully you've just used a bunch of words to say nothing.

    He's old and maybe he can't play well anymore or he's in a slump. Or maybe it's a bit of both. But I don't think he has some mental issues that will prevent him from playing well ever again. Even if he did you wouldn't be able to tell.
    It is clear when he goes up to the plate and is taking half-hearted cuts that the confidence is lacking. He let a changeup that was up in the zone go right by him on his 4th plate appearance with a 1-0 count. A confident player would have made Sale pay for that mistaken location. You may be right that he can still get going, but this thing is snow-balling big time. He is also feeling not just pressure for his own performance, but the entire franchise is at a crisis point, for which he knows he should be the guy to step up and can't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •