LAD
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • SD
    ATL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays vs. Red Sox - 12:37 PM April 20 (3/3) - Everything is still bad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wk680 View Post
    It is clear when he goes up to the plate and is taking half-hearted cuts that the confidence is lacking. He let a changeup that was up in the zone go right by him on his 4th plate appearance with a 1-0 count. A confident player would have made Sale pay for that mistaken location. You may be right that he can still get going, but this thing is snow-balling big time. He is also feeling not just pressure for his own performance, but the entire franchise is at a crisis point, for which he knows he should be the guy to step up and can't.
    I don't really care to get in to a dragged out debate about confidence and how it affects a player's performance. It's not really measurable. That's my point.

I do see what you're saying and I don't doubt that his confidence is playing a factor in his slump, I just don't know how to evaluate to what degree his confidence will ultimately end his career.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

wk680 (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I don't really care to get in to a dragged out debate about confidence and how it affects a player's performance. It's not really measurable. That's my point.

I do see what you're saying and I don't doubt that his confidence is playing a factor in his slump, I just don't know how to evaluate to what degree his confidence will ultimately end his career.
    Fair enough. I hope the guy gets it going and has a decent year. But I really think he should consider retiring after this season.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wk680 For This Useful Post:

Terminator (04-20-2017)

Top 100 Prospect
    Thanks
    His confidence is lacking because he had the ability to control the at-bat previously. When pitchers made mistakes, he crushed them, which meant that he could be much more selective as pitchers were naturally afraid to challenge him. Now that his bat-speed is gone it is clear that pitchers aren't afraid anymore, which means that they are attacking him. He's now playing from behind and doesn't know how to react.

Banned
    Thanks
    Man that Pearce can really play at any position cant he guys. What a signing. I tell you, whether its left field or 1st base, his offense you dont have to worry about.

Steal of the offseason it is. He is on a new workout program too, and his WRC of -1, holy fuck. THIS GUY IS SO GOOOOOD>>>>>>>>MOAOOOOOAOAOOARR PEARCE EVERY POSITION PEAAAARRCE

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lostjoe For This Useful Post:

LetTheBallFly (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 821 Posts
    Pearce seems to have no confidence at the plate either. Did we get 2015 Steve Pearce?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lostjoe View Post
    Man that Pearce can really play at any position cant he guys. What a signing. I tell you, whether its left field or 1st base, his offense you dont have to worry about.

Steal of the offseason it is. He is on a new workout program too, and his WRC of -1, holy fuck. THIS GUY IS SO GOOOOOD>>>>>>>>MOAOOOOOAOAOOARR PEARCE EVERY POSITION PEAAAARRCE
    Hey Joe - welcome to the board.

Now fuck off.

Banned
    Thanks
    AND TRAVIS IS THE FUTURE MOOOOOAOAOAOOARRR TRAVIS

Dman you Goins DFA GOINS MORE TRAVIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOL -29 WRC

Thanks
    Pearce could also be facing age-related decline and simply doesn't have it anymore either. You never know when father time is going to hit. Seems like half the team might have hit the wall due to age. We won't know for certain for a while though. It's mid April and 15 games in.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Pearce could also be facing age-related decline and simply doesn't have it anymore either. You never know when father time is going to hit. Seems like half the team might have hit the wall due to age. We won't know for certain for a while though. It's mid April and 15 games in.
    Elbow related?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,826 Times in 7,058 Posts
    The quality of most of these new posters is why I reject the notion that the forum will improve if it gets bigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

jays4life19 (04-20-2017),L54 (04-20-2017),Orgfiller (04-20-2017),Terminator (04-20-2017),vdubmvp (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 1,934 Posts
    GDT on the Rays board soon?

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    The quality of most of these new posters is why I reject the notion that the forum will improve if it gets bigger.
    You are the reason I exist.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    Elbow related?
    Yeah perhaps injury related as well? Is that what you are getting at?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,185 Times in 2,653 Posts
    To be fair, I can guarantee you that a large portion of these "new posters" is the same person creating new accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheBallFly View Post
    Synder is mediocre at best this year. Let me know when Synder is giving up less runs per game than Sanchez, until then I'll take Sanchez

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 918 Posts
    Quality new posters will continue finding their way to the board. It happens all the time- some person who has lurked for a few months starts posting and ends up becoming a good addition. Quantity shouldn't be the goal IMO.

It would be interesting to know how many people lurk here daily. I know I did on the old board for probably a year before signing up, simply because it was the best place for Blue Jay discussion and news.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to L54 For This Useful Post:

BTS (04-20-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgfiller View Post
    To be fair, I can guarantee you that a large portion of these "new posters" is the same person creating new accounts.
    I love the idea of a 24 hour wait to post.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Of course he can, but it's safe to assume Biagini will match Stroman's numbers over the next three years easily.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to L54 For This Useful Post:

Brownie19 (04-20-2017)