• NYY
    MIN
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • MIA
    NYM
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • DET
    OAK
    Preview
    1:10 PM ET
  • SF
    COL
    Preview
    3:45 PM ET
  • BAL
    BOS
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • PHI
    LAD
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • PIT
    MIL
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    KC
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • TB
    CHC
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CIN
    STL
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ATL
    WSH
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • HOU
    CWS
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • SD
    ARI
    Preview
    9:10 PM ET
  • LAA
    CLE
    Preview
    10:07 PM ET
  • SEA
    TEX
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 35

Thread: Rogers Centre reno plans.

  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 9 Posts

    Rogers Centre reno plans.

    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/ml...ture-1.4079505

    250-400 million? There has got to be a better way to spend that. A polished/retro fitted turd is still a turd.

    sorry if posted elsewhere

  2. #2
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    1,688
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baconpancakes View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/ml...ture-1.4079505

    250-400 million? There has got to be a better way to spend that. A polished/retro fitted turd is still a turd.

    sorry if posted elsewhere
    $250 - $400M is peanuts man.

  3. #3
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,408
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,173 Posts
    1.) The fan experience is good enough as it is.

    2.) I'm more concerned about putting real grass. That is the most important thing

    3.) The pedestrian bridge looking into the RC will be interesting - I wonder how they'll do that? The best I can think of is removing Sightlines restaurant.
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    14,463
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,824 Times in 1,280 Posts
    They have no choice but to renovate it but obviously it would be nice if they could actually build an actual Baseball stadium. They badly fucked up in the 80's. They had prime location, a good team, and the money and go ahead from everyone. And they designed that piece of shit.

  5. #5
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,532
    Thanks
    2,109
    Thanked 2,071 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    They have no choice but to renovate it but obviously it would be nice if they could actually build an actual Baseball stadium. They badly fucked up in the 80's. They had prime location, a good team, and the money and go ahead from everyone. And they designed that piece of shit.
    It was bad timing as much as anything. The stadium is a child of 80's excess.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

    Art Vandelay (04-21-2017)

  7. #6
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,408
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    They have no choice but to renovate it but obviously it would be nice if they could actually build an actual Baseball stadium. They badly fucked up in the 80's. They had prime location, a good team, and the money and go ahead from everyone. And they designed that piece of shit.
    Jack shit happens at Ontario Place. They need to put a stadium there. If there isn't enough space, they can just make new land. Everything south of front street used to be water back in the day until they filled it in

    Have the stadium face northeast so that left field has the downtown core and right field has the lake for splash hits
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  8. #7
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,032
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 468 Times in 258 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    Jack shit happens at Ontario Place. They need to put a stadium there. If there isn't enough space, they can just make new land. Everything south of front street used to be water back in the day until they filled it in

    Have the stadium face northeast so that left field has the downtown core and right field has the lake for splash hits
    Left field for splash hits so Vlad Jr and Bo Bichette can dump some balls in the lake.

  9. #8
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,476
    Thanks
    2,029
    Thanked 7,704 Times in 4,804 Posts
    The article features an architect from B+H. They do some pretty cool shit. http://www.bharchitects.com/en/proje...rts-recreation

    Not sure if they won the bid, but I hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  10. #9
    MVP HERPDERP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,408
    Thanks
    661
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Left field for splash hits so Vlad Jr and Bo Bichette can dump some balls in the lake.
    fair. We don't want to cause any accidents on Lakeshore
    Fuck Taylor Swift

  11. #10
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,035
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    It was bad timing as much as anything. The stadium is a child of 80's excess.
    At the time it was dubbed the 8th wonder of the world. Everyone marvelled at the first fully retractable stadium roof in the world. It's arguable that the skydom set the standard for which new stadiums for big sports teams are now being buit.

    BUUUUUT..... all those other guys learned from what the dome did wrong and they now build stadiums specific to the sports they host rather than trying to be super-multi-everything-plexes.
    ****FREE SPANKY****

  12. #11
    Blue Chip Prospect LGBJ29's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,459
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 373 Times in 223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    1.) The fan experience is good enough as it is.

    2.) I'm more concerned about putting real grass. That is the most important thing

    3.) The pedestrian bridge looking into the RC will be interesting - I wonder how they'll do that? The best I can think of is removing Sightlines restaurant.
    They arent doing that. It said that was one of the improvement Shapiro made to progressive field so outsiders passing by could get a glimpse. That wouldnt be possible at RC

  13. #12
    Super Moderator TheHurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,861
    Thanks
    869
    Thanked 5,732 Times in 3,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HERPDERP View Post
    Jack shit happens at Ontario Place. They need to put a stadium there. If there isn't enough space, they can just make new land. Everything south of front street used to be water back in the day until they filled it in

    Have the stadium face northeast so that left field has the downtown core and right field has the lake for splash hits
    They need that space for an Athlete's village (and hopefully someday a casino) for the 2022 Commonwealth Games, and future Olympic games.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

  14. #13
    Orioles Hangout Admin Boxcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,476
    Thanks
    2,029
    Thanked 7,704 Times in 4,804 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    They need that space for an Athlete's village (and hopefully someday a casino) for the 2022 Commonwealth Games, and future Olympic games.
    Oh fuck off with your taxpayer draining dumb games that literally no one cares about
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant77 View Post
    I think we all know it's the latter. The Mariners have been a disgustingly bad offensive for a decade now and nothing has changed.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxcar For This Useful Post:

    Dick_Pole (04-21-2017),Terminator (04-21-2017)

  16. #14
    All Star Terminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,532
    Thanks
    2,109
    Thanked 2,071 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Oh fuck off with your taxpayer draining dumb games that literally no one cares about
    I hope the United States loses every Olympic hosting bid from now until forever.

  17. #15
    All Star Brownie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Wasaga Beach
    Posts
    5,219
    Thanks
    1,688
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Left field for splash hits so Vlad Jr and Bo Bichette can dump some balls in the lake.
    I believe all ballparks are configured in the same orientation based on sunlight...a new stadium would probably have the exact orientation as the dome does now.

  18. #16
    Big Leaguer Dick_Pole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,333
    Thanks
    261
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Oh fuck off with your taxpayer draining dumb games that literally no one cares about
    It's great. Cities are finally starting to catch on to the financial shit-show the Olympics are and the list of candidates to host the games get shorter as time goes on.

    I'm on board with the casino idea though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •