Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 257 to 272 of 284

Thread: GDT- Game 2 of the double header

  1. #257
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,786
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBucknorslegs View Post
    6-16? Fuck me, how did it ever come to this?
    Injuries + old age.

    Amaro's Phillies won 100+ one year and then were .500 the next year, and then fell off a cliff. It was going to happen eventually based on the way this team was built and its age. We were just hoping that Shatkins could prolong it a bit. Not likely at this point.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to glory For This Useful Post:

    LetTheBallFly (04-27-2017)

  3. #258
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39,326
    Thanks
    40,841
    Thanked 7,938 Times in 6,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBucknorslegs View Post
    6-16? Fuck me, how did it ever come to this?
    Jays were 12 and 24 Twice... and made the PS.

    If we don't get Tulo/JD/Happ and Sanchez soon, we'll be in deep shit.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spanky99 For This Useful Post:

    BillBucknorslegs (04-27-2017)

  5. #259
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,603
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 958 Times in 730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    Injuries + old age.

    Amaro's Phillies won 100+ one year and then were .500 the next year, and then fell off a cliff. It was going to happen eventually based on the way this team was built and its age. We were just hoping that Shatkins could prolong it a bit. Not likely at this point.
    Trying to prolong is the worst thing you can do, unless we are talking about fucking

  6. #260
    All Star Pendleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    3,573
    Thanks
    1,261
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 757 Posts

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pendleton For This Useful Post:

    o2cui2i (04-28-2017),Omar (04-27-2017)

  8. #261
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39,326
    Thanks
    40,841
    Thanked 7,938 Times in 6,095 Posts
    Mmmmmm... 12 year old girls. Shhhhhh......

  9. #262
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,603
    Thanks
    337
    Thanked 958 Times in 730 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Mmmmmm... 12 year old girls. Shhhhhh......
    reported

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimcanuck For This Useful Post:

    Pinkfloid (04-28-2017),Spanky99 (04-27-2017)

  11. #263
    Prospect BillBucknorslegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 31 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Jays were 12 and 24 Twice... and made the PS.

    If we don't get Tulo/JD/Happ and Sanchez soon, we'll be in deep shit.
    *Sighs* How we could use the likes of Barfield, Bell, Moseby and McGriff now.
    "The earth has its boundaries, but human stupidity is infinite!" Gustave Flaubert.

  12. #264
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39,326
    Thanks
    40,841
    Thanked 7,938 Times in 6,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBucknorslegs View Post
    *Sigh* How we could use the likes of Barfield, Bell, Moseby and McGriff now eh?
    Well there's JD/Tulo/Happ and Sanchez... that's a start.

  13. #265
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,786
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Trying to prolong is the worst thing you can do, unless we are talking about fucking
    After b2b ALCS appearances, they had no choice but to try to prolong it. They put a team on paper that looked like a WC contender but it looks like they won't be on that level barring a monster run that is probably not going to happen. Now they have to re adjust their strategy, but making the playoffs in 2017 without losing any prospects was absolutely the right strategy. They just got smacked in the face by age, injuries, and the reality of a small window.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to glory For This Useful Post:

    BlueJayWay (04-27-2017)

  15. #266
    Hall of Famer Jonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Courtice, Ontario
    Posts
    14,505
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,845 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Mmmmmm... 12 year old girls. Shhhhhh......
    Spanky's golden rule.

    Grass on the field it's time to play ball.

  16. #267
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39,326
    Thanks
    40,841
    Thanked 7,938 Times in 6,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    Spanky's golden rule.

    Grass on the field it's time to play ball.
    Can't wait, Jonn... U Bitch.

  17. #268
    Top 100 Prospect wk680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    587
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan2014 View Post
    6-16.. it is past time for the Jays to take a flamethrower to the coaching staff and some of the underperforming players, most notably Brook Jacoby, Casey Lawrence, Ryan Tepera, Aaron Loup, Devon Travis, Jarrod Saltalamacchia..

    Hopefully Atkins/Shapiro will be making huge changes after this disaster.
    Actually Loup now has an impressive ERA of 1.35 in 8 appearances / 6.2 ip while allowing 1 of 3 inherited baserunners to score. Certainly beats the hell out of Howell!

  18. #269
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,455
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Jays were 12 and 24 Twice... and made the PS.

    If we don't get Tulo/JD/Happ and Sanchez soon, we'll be in deep shit.
    Sorry fella, they already are in deep shit. They may be able to play their way out of it but nothing is pointing in that direction. Start shopping guys like JD and build for the next few years.

  19. #270
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39,326
    Thanks
    40,841
    Thanked 7,938 Times in 6,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenRopes View Post
    Sorry fella, they already are in deep shit. They may be able to play their way out of it but nothing is pointing in that direction. Start shopping guys like JD and build for the next few years.
    K........... in April, this is groundbreaking.

  20. #271
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    39,326
    Thanks
    40,841
    Thanked 7,938 Times in 6,095 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wk680 View Post
    Actually Loup now has an impressive ERA of 1.35 in 8 appearances / 6.2 ip while allowing 1 of 3 inherited baserunners to score. Certainly beats the hell out of Howell!
    Yeah, that's why they employ Loup, thanks.

  21. #272
    Top 100 Prospect wk680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    587
    Thanks
    237
    Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    Yeah, that's why they employ Loup, thanks.
    Meaning ?

    I was just responding to Loup being included in the list of players that need to go by pointing out his results to date don't warrant it. Yes he is not very good, but it's not like they have any better LH options for the pen right now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •