Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 40

Thread: Worst front office in the majors

  1. #17
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    470
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 56 Times in 33 Posts
    Shutup OP, learn about variance..

    Front office didn't go all-in atleast like Amaro Phillies, if we are terrrible they will sell off and we will have like a 2-3 year semi rebuild/retool. I don't think were bad enough to need a 4-5 year tear down-build

  2. #18
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanks
    1,237
    Thanked 461 Times in 295 Posts
    Lol, yes I think Front Office's that can't prevent injuries are clearly terrible. If there weren't some really shit threads over the years, this would get my vote for worst thread ever.

  3. #19
    Big Leaguer
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shakespeare, ON
    Posts
    2,083
    Thanks
    1,237
    Thanked 461 Times in 295 Posts
    "IntenT" and "Re-builD

  4. #20
    MVP jaysfan2014's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    7,746
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 404 Times in 324 Posts
    Stupid thread.

    Atkins/Shapiro are doing the best they can.. but Anthopolous left the franchise drained after those trades to win in 2015 and it takes time to rebuild the farm system..

    Some worse front offices include Detroit, Tampa (they've drafted VERY poorly in the last few years, and are headed for a major collapse when Longoria is either traded or goes into decline..), Baltimore (even if the team is winning, the franchise is going to be in trouble after this season or next, as Machado is obviously not resigning after 2018 because ownership there is cheap and/or spends money foolishly on guys like Davis and Trumbo.. Showalter can only do so much), San Diego, Miami..

  5. #21
    Big Leaguer Caper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,165
    Thanks
    219
    Thanked 328 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysfan2014 View Post
    Stupid thread.

    Atkins/Shapiro are doing the best they can.. but Anthopolous left the franchise drained after those trades to win in 2015 and it takes time to rebuild the farm system..

    Some worse front offices include Detroit, Tampa (they've drafted VERY poorly in the last few years, and are headed for a major collapse when Longoria is either traded or goes into decline..), Baltimore (even if the team is winning, the franchise is going to be in trouble after this season or next, as Machado is obviously not resigning after 2018 because ownership there is cheap and/or spends money foolishly on guys like Davis and Trumbo.. Showalter can only do so much), San Diego, Miami..
    I think they are just average. The could have signed Thames with the money they spent on Bautista. They signed Justin Smoak. They did do a decent job with stating pitching. What they do this summer will be telling. But as of now, they are pretty average IMO.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Caper For This Useful Post:

    jaysfan2014 (04-29-2017)

  7. #22
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,445
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by specialiste View Post
    Gibbons is not to blame for the dismal start. He's got to juggle with what Atkins signs as players.
    Grilli, anyone with half a brain could see late last season he was spent. He pitches with heart and guts alone. The stuff is gone. Pearce, why give such a contract to a guy who never was a regular, who on his best season, surrounded by Machado, Davis, Jones and Nelson Cruz coudn't even reach 50 RBI'S. I won't mention Saltalamacchia and his 15 or so record K's in a row, that would be unfair...

    Atkins can't built a bullpen, the Jays arguably have the worst in the majors. So, as much as I can't trust Gibbons, he still as to work with no 1st base, no regular left fielder and no bullpen. Even Terry Francona would have headaches with such 25 men roster.

    Why bring Jose back? Declining numbers, injury prone...a waste of a roster spot and money.
    Ask yourself, can I find a solid prospect or an establish solid every day player who came aboard on Atkins watch? I can't.

    Some say the time to rebuilt has come, wait until July and trade Donaldson, Tulo, Happ, Jose, Martin...clean house and get high ceiling propects in return.

    However, do you really think Shapiro and Atkins will make the right trade? Bring in the right young players. I don't. If ownership don't clean house with the front office, be ready for 10 years of misery.
    Another 'Not a Fan' chiming in. Dont drown when you jump ship. No TEAM gets through the injuries this group has sustained and comes out okay.

  8. #23
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,070
    Thanks
    97
    Thanked 487 Times in 272 Posts
    Our FO is good because they will just collect assets year after year and eventually some Jose Ramirez type guys will pop up out of nowhere.

    They won't make the franchise crippling mistakes other FOs make.

    The best combination would have been AA scouring the league for trade scenarios and Shapiro saying either, "How the fuck did you get that offer? Accept immediately" or "No, wtf are you doing? We don't want a 40 year old knuckleballer".

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeM For This Useful Post:

    BlueJayWay (04-29-2017),Governator (04-29-2017),L54 (04-29-2017),Nafro (04-30-2017),Spanky99 (04-29-2017),THANOS (04-29-2017)

  10. #24
    Top 100 Prospect
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    565
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 111 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Our FO is good because they will just collect assets year after year and eventually some Jose Ramirez type guys will pop up out of nowhere.

    They won't make the franchise crippling mistakes other FOs make.

    The best combination would have been AA scouring the league for trade scenarios and Shapiro saying either, "How the fuck did you get that offer? Accept immediately" or "No, wtf are you doing? We don't want a 40 year old knuckleballer".
    would be fun to see Montreal get a team in the next few years ... and they're put in the AL East ... and they hire Alex as Prez or GM ... and then there's a mano a mano showdown between the two regimes ... not just as divisional rivals but also, perhaps, for the hearts of any Canadian baseball fans who have flexible loyalties.

  11. #25
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,359
    Thanks
    290
    Thanked 168 Times in 94 Posts
    This FO still hasn't really had the chance to put their stamp on the team yet. They've been trying to finesse the roster they inherited from AA and extend the competitive window while building up the system. We'll see what happens in the next 2-3 years.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueJayWay For This Useful Post:

    P2F (04-29-2017),Pinkfloid (04-29-2017),Spanky99 (04-29-2017)

  13. #26
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,359
    Thanks
    290
    Thanked 168 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    The best combination would have been AA scouring the league for trade scenarios and Shapiro saying either, "How the fuck did you get that offer? Accept immediately" or "No, wtf are you doing? We don't want a 40 year old knuckleballer".
    Shapiro as the president or senior GM/consultant type guy with AA as the active GM would've been interesting.

  14. #27
    DONOR Spanky99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    38,847
    Thanks
    40,330
    Thanked 7,858 Times in 6,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayWay View Post
    Shapiro as the president or senior GM/consultant type guy with AA as the active GM would've been interesting.
    That's why AA left, he wanted full autonomy.

  15. #28
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,675
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Our FO is good because they will just collect assets year after year and eventually some Jose Ramirez type guys will pop up out of nowhere.

    They won't make the franchise crippling mistakes other FOs make.

    The best combination would have been AA scouring the league for trade scenarios and Shapiro saying either, "How the fuck did you get that offer? Accept immediately" or "No, wtf are you doing? We don't want a 40 year old knuckleballer".
    That.......actually doesn't sound bad.

  16. #29
    All Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,675
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Got to test the waters of a Stro or Sanchez extension. If those guys are reluctant and hate the idea of going thru a 4-5 yr rebuild, should be moved. Either of them returns more than JD, IMO
    I agree with this if they plan on stripping it down entirely.

    I don't think Rogers would go for that, though. They might be able to afford to wait another year or two to trade Sanchez/Stroman so the fans don't abandon ship at once. For marketing/PR reasons, ownership would probably want them around, especially if JD is going to be moved (which he should be at this point).

  17. #30
    Hall of Famer burlingtonbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,619
    Thanks
    711
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Got to test the waters of a Stro or Sanchez extension. If those guys are reluctant and hate the idea of going thru a 4-5 yr rebuild, should be moved. Either of them returns more than JD, IMO
    They already did and both didn't sign extensions so...

  18. #31
    Moderator Governator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    11,045
    Thanks
    2,914
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 2,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glory View Post
    I agree with this if they plan on stripping it down entirely.

    I don't think Rogers would go for that, though. They might be able to afford to wait another year or two to trade Sanchez/Stroman so the fans don't abandon ship at once. For marketing/PR reasons, ownership would probably want them around, especially if JD is going to be moved (which he should be at this point).
    I'm not a fan of full rebuilds in baseball, in most cases it rarely makes sense. I mean rolling the dice on prospects that are 3-4+ years out comes with big risks, especially for a team that has rebuilt it's fanbase. That said, they might be able to piggy off the Leafs success to sell it to fans right now. I like the suggestion of listening to Stroman and Sanchez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

  19. #32
    DONOR
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lethbridge AB
    Posts
    7,212
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Governator View Post
    I'm not a fan of full rebuilds in baseball, in most cases it rarely makes sense. I mean rolling the dice on prospects that are 3-4+ years out comes with big risks, especially for a team that has rebuilt it's fanbase. That said, they might be able to piggy off the Leafs success to sell it to fans right now. I like the suggestion of listening to Stroman and Sanchez.
    Thing is, the Jays aren't really in the position that they'll be counting on this years draft to start the rebuild. Selling many of the veteran assets they have right now will net prospects and or roster players already further along in development, not to mention the current farm assets that might be ready by 2019.

    The additional draft picks from finishing near last this year and probably next will just add to that pipeline and be a bonus 3-4 years from now.
    ****FREE SPANKY****


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •