Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: GDT: Toronto Blue Jays @ Atlanta Braves

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 933 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L54 View Post
    You're seriously like the annoying kid in class who asks questions just to sound smart, even if you don't know why you're asking the question in the first place.
    I'm not trying to be a dick or a smart-ass. I'm honestly just curious. I'm just fascinated how people make these moral decisions man. That's all. Many suggested what Pillar said was wrong - only to go on an call the social media SJW's "snowflakes"....either some think snowflake is a perfectly acceptable derogatory term, or they are extremely hypocritical. I'm curious if people think a suspension would have been necessary had he called him a cocksucker instead of a faggot. What if he called him a mother fucker? I just honestly don't understand how people draw lines on this matter.

You suggested that through your work, you've been responsible for telling staff that the work retard (and/or faggot - I couldn't tell) is not acceptable and that there will be repercussions if they use them. I'm sure the generally policy is don't use derogatory terms and don't be a dick or you'll get in trouble - however, I do find that quite subjective. Would you punish someone who called someone a hooligan? What if they recited a redneck joke at work?

I thought maybe you'd have some good insight, but you'd rather put me down than engage it seems. Typical yankee 'merican.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,858 Times in 6,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dick or a smart-ass. I'm honestly just curious. I'm just fascinated how people make these moral decisions man. That's all. Many suggested what Pillar said was wrong - only to go on an call the social media SJW's "snowflakes"....either some think snowflake is a perfectly acceptable derogatory term, or they are extremely hypocritical. I'm curious if people think a suspension would have been necessary had he called him a cocksucker instead of a faggot. What if he called him a mother fucker? I just honestly don't understand how people draw lines on this matter.

You suggested that through your work, you've been responsible for telling staff that the work retard (and/or faggot - I couldn't tell) is not acceptable and that there will be repercussions if they use them. I'm sure the generally policy is don't use derogatory terms and don't be a dick or you'll get in trouble - however, I do find that quite subjective. Would you punish someone who called someone a hooligan? What if they recited a redneck joke at work?

I thought maybe you'd have some good insight, but you'd rather put me down than engage it seems. Typical yankee 'merican.
    He's from Saskatchewan, just saying.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie19 View Post

Dude, c'mon its all about context. A black person can call another a n*****, but tar and feather any white person using the word. It's not hard.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,858 Times in 6,032 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    Dude, c'mon its all about context. A black person can call another a n*****, but tar and feather any white person using the word. It's not hard.
    I know white guys that do the same thing with the brothers, it's whether you're a true racist, really, or simply don't know them, that shit's all shady, too. I won't do that to my own cousins, but it's fucked when I hear it used, in different scenarios, it's hard to differentiate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimcanuck View Post
    If you think it's about context than we aren't talking about pillar. Heat of the moment he blurts it out without thinking. It wasn't premeditated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky99 View Post
    He's from Saskatchewan, just saying.
    That explain a lot. Redneck