LAD 4
    In Progress
    End 7th
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Toronto Blue Jays @ Atlanta Braves

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenRopes View Post
    JoeyBats should be traded. He hits a solo homer in a game they are down by 5 in, pimps it and when benches clear as a result he is the first teammate who runs into the dugout. You will never win with Jose on your team.
    I hope this is sarcasm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonn For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    He chose faggot specifically to communicate that he thought the quick pitch was was a tactic born of fear and weakness. An effeminate act.
    So he thinks the same way when Stroman does it ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    I think it was more than that. The Braves were lecturing Bautista about primping a homerun in an 8-4 game only to quick pitch in an 8-4 game.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,780 Times in 3,300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    Then I feel bad for his wife.
    I feel bad for most baseball players wives.

In the end I would hope that most people would just stop using "casual homophobia" completely because they realize that it does hurt some people, even though it's seldom intended. But if some people stop using it because they are "afraid of getting caught on camera" as is suggested by a few in this thread it is a small win. As a Sport Professional (or hope to be one some day) it's embarrassing to see the spike of these words online on the Super Bowl and certain basketball games (Golden State games prevalence triples, a spike in Canada happens every time Crosby plays). As for those that talk about getting mad, I don't think I ever get mad over anything (when I do, it's usually at myself and I use the C-word...which has got me in trouble before), it's more embarrassment. Often more embarrassed for the aftermath than for the athlete. There is a Roundtable group I'm in and this was the responses.

I almost like him more now hahaha
    id bring out a pride flag and piss on it
    and never say sorry fucken soft people man
    I get a lot of good sports conversation in this group, but these 10 or so guys that I consider to be completely ignorant, ruin my time there and I'm leaving. I can't respect their opinions anymore so why bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,669 Times in 4,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonn View Post
    I think it was more than that. The Braves were lecturing Bautista about primping a homerun in an 8-4 game only to quick pitch in an 8-4 game.
    I fucking hate this unwritten rule that you're not supposed to play hard if there's a big lead. And that's not even a big lead!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysAllMighty View Post
    What Motte did and what Stroman does is completely diff but related. Both are quick pitches, but Motte didn't even come set and Stroman is set when he does it. Out of the 2, Motte's quick pitch more BS imo
    See the ball and let it fly, Watch the ball soaring through the sky, Higher like a comet in the night air, Defying gravity is rare, Let the ball fly, Its homerun time!!!!!

Thanks
    A little embarrassed to be a Jays fan today.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SAAviour For This Useful Post:

Drumcliff (05-18-2017),Gen.Disarray (05-18-2017),Governator (05-18-2017),TheHurl (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,191 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Will the team suspend Pillar immediately, both protecting him for today's game while sending a message to save face?

Things could get ugly today, I'm guessing Bautista will be wearing it first pitch and if that happens I'm afraid of what Stroman will do. He can be as unpredictable as any when it comes to showing his emotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,271 Times in 7,354 Posts
    Ugh, entering this series the team was within 4 games of 0.500 and facing a very bad Braves team for 4 games. They've since lost the first 3 and had one of their better players involved in a controversy that is going to linger for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

Effit (05-18-2017),Spanky99 (05-18-2017),wk680 (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,780 Times in 3,300 Posts
    Ugh, entering this series the team was within 4 games of 0.500 and facing a very bad Braves team for 4 games. They've since lost the first 3 and had one of their better players involved in a controversy that is going to linger for awhile.
    It's feeling a lot like 2013 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by weams View Post
    You have to realize we have a real life celebrity who posts on our boards Roy firestone.

All Star
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHurl View Post
    It's feeling a lot like 2013 right now.
    Yeah seems like one of those years where nothing will go right.

Thanks
    Yes this is like last year's fiasco in Texas with the Bautista/Odor fracas (also in mid-May) after which the Jays went on to get swept at home by the Rays (losing the first two games of that series 13-2 and 12-2). That ended up as a 5 game losing streak before going on to take 3 of 4 against the struggling Twins. They needed to win 2 of 4 from the Braves to maintain momentum. Now they are desperate to salvage 1 win to avoid a minor catastrophe.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,303 Posts
    This team just sucks right now. Losing 3 in a row to the Braves sucks but when they are rostering half of the Buffalo Bisons on the team it's not all that surprising. They need to continue to tread water until they get moderately healthy which sounds like it could be soon.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Terminator For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,092 Times in 1,303 Posts
    And btw, can someone give me a small rundown of what happened last night? I didn't get to watch.

Thanks
    Disaster season for sure. You can't make this shit up.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Effit For This Useful Post:

Spanky99 (05-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,506 Posts
    He chose faggot specifically to communicate that he thought the quick pitch was was a tactic born of fear and weakness. An effeminate act.
    I don't think he chose a word specifically. In the heat of the moment you say stupid shit but it's not like he stood there for a minute and said the word, I wouldn't be surprised if its part of his personal vocabulary, when I was in high school which wasn't long ago that word was used quite often by a lot of people.