• PHI
    LAD
    Preview
    1:05 PM ET
  • LAA
    CLE
    Preview
    4:07 PM ET
  • BAL
    TB
    Preview
    7:05 PM ET
  • TOR
    KC
    Preview
    7:07 PM ET
  • DET
    MIN
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • CIN
    STL
    Preview
    7:10 PM ET
  • ATL
    WSH
    Preview
    7:35 PM ET
  • MIL
    CHC
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • HOU
    CWS
    Preview
    8:10 PM ET
  • SD
    COL
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
  • SEA
    TEX
    Preview
    10:10 PM ET
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 75

Thread: Jays suspend Pillar for 2 games

  1. #1
    Prospect JuniorFelix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer NJH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,946
    Thanks
    1,170
    Thanked 8,542 Times in 4,763 Posts
    Good. Hopefully they can work out a trade before his suspension is up. We don't need any cancerous bigots on the team as the guys try to turn things around in 2017

  3. #3
    All Star TwistedLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,086
    Thanks
    1,184
    Thanked 3,316 Times in 1,559 Posts

    I can't tell if this is fake or not, but apparently Barry Davis felt the need to release an "official statement":

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2j...50SVBPOHM/view

    I may die from the cringe.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedLogic For This Useful Post:

    TholesWeirdEye (05-23-2017)

  5. #4
    Hall of Famer King's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    15,326
    Thanks
    5,754
    Thanked 10,266 Times in 6,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    I can't tell if this is fake or not, but apparently Barry Davis felt the need to release an "official statement":

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2j...50SVBPOHM/view

    I may die from the cringe.
    Rofl

  6. #5
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,449
    Thanks
    3,439
    Thanked 12,157 Times in 7,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    I can't tell if this is fake or not, but apparently Barry Davis felt the need to release an "official statement":

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2j...50SVBPOHM/view

    I may die from the cringe.
    Poignant words from Barry at this difficult time. This really motivates myself to make sure I'm treating everyone around me with the utmost respect. Thank you, Barry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BTS For This Useful Post:

    King (05-18-2017)

  8. #6
    All Star Candy Maldonado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 947 Posts
    lmao barry
    #TeamSmoak
    #TeamSanchez

  9. #7
    MVP gruber92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,220
    Thanks
    798
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NJH View Post
    Good. Hopefully they can work out a trade before his suspension is up. We don't need any cancerous bigots on the team as the guys try to turn things around in 2017
    Lol.. You can't be serious.

  10. #8
    All Star vdubmvp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    4,779
    Thanks
    734
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 1,148 Posts
    Please stop asking him questions already.

  11. #9
    DONOR West Texas Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,616
    Thanks
    322
    Thanked 567 Times in 393 Posts
    I bet Pillar was so happy to see this guys face pop up on his caller ID this morning.

  12. #10
    All Star TwistedLogic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,086
    Thanks
    1,184
    Thanked 3,316 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BTS View Post
    Poignant words from Barry at this difficult time. This really motivates myself to make sure I'm treating everyone around me with the utmost respect. Thank you, Barry.
    I look forward to helping Barry show everyone that he, too, is a Superman.

  13. #11
    Big Leaguer SirBJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Maple
    Posts
    3,274
    Thanks
    2,486
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Lol.. You can't be serious.
    He's dead serious and I quite frankly, wholeheartedly agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Oh fuck off. Goins is a role player you dumb fuck.

  14. #12
    MVP Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,233
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 925 Times in 705 Posts
    Good excuse to trade his ass. Pillar will be at least 32 by the time the Jays are contenders again.

    Pillar for Pirates prospects.

  15. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 72 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedLogic View Post
    I can't tell if this is fake or not, but apparently Barry Davis felt the need to release an "official statement":

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2j...50SVBPOHM/view

    I may die from the cringe.
    Barry is bang on here. Nice to see Barry stepping up to the plate. He really "gets it".

  16. #14
    MVP gruber92's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,220
    Thanks
    798
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBJay View Post
    He's dead serious and I quite frankly, wholeheartedly agree.
    Ok.. You know as well as everybody else that he used that word in the heat of a frustrating angry moment. Is that a valid excuse? No it's not an excuse but he didn't mean it for in sense of what the word actually means. He used it in the same context as words like "asshole", "shithead". If he called him a "motherfucker" instead would that express offense to all the mothers in the world? If Motte is an out of the closet homosexual, then it would be different. Society is slowly changing for the better where people are starting to use these types of slurs less and less, but it takes time. Pillar grew up in a society where that word was used in general terms. I'm pretty certain he would never use that term against someone who he knows is openly gay. I don't know Pillar personally, but from what i've seen and heard while he's been here and from the media, he sounds like a decent respectful person. He's nowhere near douchbag levels, like Escobar. If what he said was said in a non impulsive situation, then that would also be different.

    To actually be serious about trading one of our best players who is having a career year because of this is fucking mind boggling. Also calling him a cancer in the clubhouse, like any of us would know? This is beyond frustrating.

  17. #15
    All Star Krylian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    584
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 840 Posts
    Someone gets called a bundle of sticks and everyone loses their minds.

  18. #16
    DONOR BTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    23,449
    Thanks
    3,439
    Thanked 12,157 Times in 7,279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gruber92 View Post
    Ok.. You know as well as everybody else that he used that word in the heat of a frustrating angry moment. Is that a valid excuse? No it's not an excuse but he didn't mean it for in sense of what the word actually means. He used it in the same context as words like "asshole", "shithead". If he called him a "motherfucker" instead would that express offense to all the mothers in the world? If Motte is an out of the closet homosexual, then it would be different. Society is slowly changing for the better where people are starting to use these types of slurs less and less, but it takes time. Pillar grew up in a society where that word was used in general terms. I'm pretty certain he would never use that term against someone who he knows is openly gay. I don't know Pillar personally, but from what i've seen and heard while he's been here and from the media, he sounds like a decent respectful person. He's nowhere near douchbag levels, like Escobar. If what he said was said in a non impulsive situation, then that would also be different.

    To actually be serious about trading one of our best players who is having a career year because of this is fucking mind boggling. Also calling him a cancer in the clubhouse, like any of us would know? This is beyond frustrating.
    Pillar is younger than most posters here and grew up in California. Pretty sure it's never in his life been cool to call someone a faggot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
    Unfortunately, they really skimped out on the crickets on mine because they add a pretty flavourful crunch element on top of the coleslaw.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •