• PHI 0
    COL 0
    Warmup
    7:05 PM ET
  • NYY 0
    KC 0
    Warmup
    7:05 PM ET
  • BAL 0
    MIN 0
    Warmup
    7:05 PM ET
  • CIN 0
    CLE 0
    Warmup
    7:10 PM ET
  • TB 0
    LAA 0
    Warmup
    7:10 PM ET
  • ATL 0
    PIT 0
    Pre-Game
    7:35 PM ET
  • CHC 0
    SF 0
    Pre-Game
    8:05 PM ET
  • HOU 0
    DET 0
    Pre-Game
    8:10 PM ET
  • ARI
    CWS
    Preview
    9:40 PM ET
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 257 to 266 of 266

Thread: GDT (1/3) | Toronto Blue Jays (18-24) @ Baltimore Orioles (23-16) | 7:05 PM

  1. #257
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 264 Times in 180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    How many games has Grilli lost for us this year? Seems like a lot. The guy flat out sucks.
    Pretty much all non elite relievers have good and bad years, unfortunately because of his age this might be the end for Grilli.

    If he was 5 years younger then no doubt someone would pick him up when he's inevitably released, and maybe he then comes back stronger next year.

  2. #258
    Blue Chip Prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Pretty much all non elite relievers have good and bad years, unfortunately because of his age this might be the end for Grilli.

    If he was 5 years younger then no doubt someone would pick him up when he's inevitably released, and maybe he then comes back stronger next year.
    There was a reason Atlanta got rid of him.

  3. #259
    Big Leaguer nextyear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    2,204
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 244 Times in 178 Posts
    I pin this loss on Gibbons. The Blue Jays only needed a sac fly to score the 4th run from Darwin Barney, who is one of the better hitters on the team. The suicide squeeze is normally used with weak hitting pitchers in the NL, not with reliable hitters like Barney.

  4. #260
    Blue Chip Prospect Bobthe4th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Leeds (England)
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 264 Times in 180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    There was a reason Atlanta got rid of him.
    Yeah that's my point - he was good for them the year before, then wasn't in 2016. He was pretty good for us once we picked him up, and now isn't having a good year.

    Just like most relievers he has ups and downs. But because of his age he might not get another chance.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobthe4th For This Useful Post:

    Governator (05-20-2017)

  6. #261
    Big Leaguer JaysAllMighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,558
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 581 Times in 349 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Governator View Post
    Well, I got to get up early tomorrow, g'night all. Jonn if you're staying up light the fireworks later!
    jinxed us

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to JaysAllMighty For This Useful Post:

    Governator (05-20-2017)

  8. #262
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nextyear View Post
    I pin this loss on Gibbons. The Blue Jays only needed a sac fly to score the 4th run from Darwin Barney, who is one of the better hitters on the team. The suicide squeeze is normally used with weak hitting pitchers in the NL, not with reliable hitters like Barney.
    Absolutly agree, barney makes top contact, so you dont go suicide !!! Baseball 101.... i guess our manager has only gone through baseball for dummies... maybe next year he will graduate to baseball 101

  9. #263
    All Star Jimcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,641
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 866 Times in 655 Posts
    Have been saying it for years, Gibbons is a bottom end MLB manager

  10. #264
    Blue Chip Prospect BlueJays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    879
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 77 Times in 47 Posts
    Grili long pause before pitching sure is working!

  11. #265
    Moderator Governator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    10,536
    Thanks
    2,797
    Thanked 4,810 Times in 2,202 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobthe4th View Post
    Yeah that's my point - he was good for them the year before, then wasn't in 2016. He was pretty good for us once we picked him up, and now isn't having a good year.

    Just like most relievers he has ups and downs. But because of his age he might not get another chance.
    I think they'll wait for Martin to return, give him a month with him and see if there is any progress. Odds are he's done. I mean we can't have someone in a tie ball game with a >5 bb/9 and a 3.2 hr/9 and expect good things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangstag View Post
    The Governator is a man's man.

  12. #266
    Top 100 Prospect wk680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    346
    Thanks
    165
    Thanked 57 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guylaroche5 View Post
    Goins bunting into a ******* DP makes me sad. Have they glued Tulo back together yet?
    just waiting for the glue to fully set

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •